You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Glass Table

Real Ghost Stories

The Glass Table

 

Well I will start this story with another story that led to the experience that I had. It all began when I was staying at a friend's house after the time of my first post. My friend lives not to far from my house of the time and his father is one of the town's policemen.

So this night we were talking to his dad as he got off work around 12:30 or so and we told him we had heard some weird knocking noises coming from upstairs while we were in the basement but there would be no one in the house when we would come up and it had happened 3 or 4 times in all (note: his mom was out at bingo and doing her woman's night out and his brother was at my house with my brother).

We told him our first thought was our little brothers but when we called my house they were playing video games and had been for the last few hours, plus the door was locked when his dad had returned home. Well I started to say how I thought it was a ghost, or a spirit, or something of the sort but my buddy swore that they didn't exist.

Well from there his father started to tell us this story of him and his brother (my buddy's uncle) tried something they had heard was another type of way to communicate to spirits other than an Ouija Board. They set up candles around the room one night and turned out all the lights. They set a pen and a little notebook on the coffee table in the middle of the room. They said the Lord's Prayer and began to ask, by writing it out on the paper, if there were any spirits that would like to talk to them. After a matter of minutes my buddy's dad said his hand was drawn to the pen and he wrote the word, "yes..." So they started to have this conversation with something that was there and that's all we heard of the story.

My buddy still didn't believe a word his father told us so we decided that we would try it down in his basement. So we set up candles and set out the table, grabbed some chairs, and set the pen and paper in the middle. So we sat around this glass table, my buddy and I. So we said the Lord's Prayer and proceeded to write, "Is there anyone here who would like to talk to us?" The pen sat there and no feelings of anything to tempt us to write came, so my buddy wrote the question one more time but added vocally, "Man this is a hoax, it's all a big joke..."

Right then my hand slammed the table and grabbed the pen and started to scribble over his writing. He started laughing and was about to say something when he looked ay me. He said my face was blank but my eyes were starring right at him but they looked evil.

He asked whatever it was to stop and that he didn't mean any harm. Then I remember looking at the paper and asking what happened. Now I was scared when he told me, but he said he wasn't convinced yet. So he wrote on the pad again, "If you are here blow out one of the candles..." Then all of the candles but the one next to the pad went out. So he grabbed the pen and wrote, "Now light them all again..." And they all flamed up like nothing had happened to them.

For some reason he still did not believe that this was really going on so I decided to try something from his father's story on the pad. I wrote, "He doesn't believe. How can you make him believe?" Now I admit when you first see this, yes it sounds stupid and the ramifications could have been bad and a lot worse than what happened, but they didn't and I thank the Lord that they didn't.

Sp my hand started to grab the pin and started writing. He again thought I was joking around but I wrote, "Grab the pen and try to remove it from the paper..." So he did and he couldn't do it so he yelled, "I don't believe you!" Well then his hand started writing and said, "Hold this pen in the air..." My buddy then wrote that he would, so held his out in front of him in the air. He said he felt some pressure but it wasn't too hard, when all of a sudden his hand was pulled through the glass table which was followed by his body.

Now by this time his dad had heard commotion and had made his way to the basement in time to see what had just happened. While I was sitting there scared for my life his dad ran over and grabbed the pen and said the Lord's Prayer once again and wrote goodbye on the pad then made both of us write it again.

At the time I didn't understand why we all had to write it but now I do realize, but it was still one of the scariest yet interesting things I have ever been through. At times my buddy and I will joke about the night but to this day he says he will never doubt any kind of spirit or afterlife thought, even if he hasn't encountered anything since.

It was nice to know he learned something from the experience but what I took from it was, these things (spirits, anomalies, and paranormal activities) are real and do exist even if you aren't open minded to the subject. The one thing that you can never do, even if you believe or not, is to discredit or disrespect them. It doesn't matter whether you believe or not, respect the dead as the living and the beyond as the here and now. You never know what could happen if you cross paths with the wrong side or where it could happen.

Other hauntings by bigpatti87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigpatti87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
He went through a glass table without breaking it? Unless a spirit can make you a spirit, that's not possible.
ARCHANGELTAM (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Dude that's scary, did you have to say goodbye like you would to an ouija board?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
did his hand get cut going through the table or what? I'm confused on that point, but good story anyways.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
An amazing account.
Easy to visualize, and surprising.

I think the pulling of hand and body through the glass table was without damage to the person's body or to the table; otherwise there would've been blood and broken glass everywhere and this part of the story would be incomplete without damage results.
The whole thing would also have been much, much more fearful I'm sure.
Is that correct, bigpatti87?
Please come back and fill us in.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I have been through some stuff, but still, this story freaked me out! I want to try that so bad, but I am so afraid. I have heard that if you mess with stuff like that, the spirits can linger around and haunt you there after. I wonder if this is always true...hmm? ❤ Jasmin
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Wow! This experience which you had must have been terrific and scary at the same time! I agree with the others that even I didn't understand the part where the hand and body went through the table. Confusing! Anyway, thank God your father invented a solution for Ouija Boards! Keep us updated!

Biemaster
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Automatic writing? How very creepy indeed! I think perhaps you two were lucky nothing followed you around after that night.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
I am a tad confused about the hand and body going through the glass table top. Maybe I misread but do you mean this happened without anything breaking? Just that his hand and body passed through the glass without damage? If that is the case you have witnessed something that is physically impossible by scientific standards. I don't know if I would have recovered from seeing such an event unless it was something of an induced hallucination brought on by the spirit you contacted. The putting out of candles and relighting them would have been enough proof for me. Guess you guys got the bonus treatment. Your version of communicating sounds more like automatic handwriting instead of the usual ouija board questions and answers. I'm sure it's something you and your friend will never forget.
mintandhazelnut (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Really interesting story. I am a bit confused about one part, you say your friend's hand followed by his body was pulled through the table? I'm not exactly sure what you meant...

Great story.
Jess.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Your story was cool.

But can anyone meet me at the chat room. I would like to have a good conversation
Maybe make some friends on this cool website
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Oh, not the Ouija! Thank God for your father's intervention that day!

I think your ending paragraph sums it up for me although I get the feeling that you've had more encounters because of the board. The problem I have with these seances is that you never know what's left behind. I had unwillingly participated in one in my story To My Lost Siblings and although I have no recollection of the alleged events, I will never try that again for as long as I live!

Great story though, thanks patti
AnahksunaMoon (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I must say you and your friend are mighty lucky for his fathers intervening. Never and I say never challenge an entity! You two are lucky that was as far as it went. I have in my past dabbled dangerously in the unknown and know that most entities demand respect while others prefer to be left alone. I liked your story, it has a lesson to be learned in it! Added to my faves! 😊
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Dude! This seance story is nuts! I have read many stories and have heard this one from you personally. Looks better than it sounds ha-ha! Anyhow, I bet this friend of yours is now a firm believer like you said. I wish I could have seen his face when his hand smashed through the glass. I would have flipped the hell out! We should try either that or the homemade Ouija sometime this week when we get off. Before I go on duty this Thursday maybe? I love reading and hearing these stories from you man. I'm glad we found this site, but to be physically and hear you tell these stories is awesome. Keep them posted and keep the stories coming. God Bless!

Burnzy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: