You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Is A Ghost Following Me? Need Help

Real Ghost Stories

Is A Ghost Following Me? Need Help

 

This is the first time I have ever written or talked about these incidences, but I was scared enough today that I realized I need some other people's opinions.

I went to college in Philadelphia and lived in a very old home with a number of other people. We knew the history of the house, and a number of my friends had experiences with the paranormal. The most I had was hearing odd sounds when in the home alone and the feeling of being watched.

After I graduated I moved to another city close by, Wilmington Delaware, to an old home. At first it seemed fine, but after 2 years things started to happen in the kitchen, where utensils and food would be thrown from the counter top when we left the room.

I also had a dog whose toys would be placed oddly in the home without him being there. Then a friend moved in and things started to happen to him. Lights would turn off after he left the room, the washer and dryer would turn on when he went into the basement. Just odd things.

I also had other things happen to me at this time. My dog would start barking at nothing, doors would close (I would chalk it up to the wind etc...). My other roommate saw a shadow and some odd reflection in the mirror and then my dog would bark at my room and suddenly the door would shut when I wasn't there. We jokingly named the 'ghost' Charlie.

I then moved home to my parents. I started having very vivid dreams of my grandfather who passed away a few years back. He was telling me about things to come and that he wanted me to tell certain family members things that he regretted etc... Most of the stuff I had no clue happened but apparently a few of my aunts and uncles said what he told me was valid.

Soon after that I moved to Philadelphia Pennsylvania with a few friends (one who briefly lived with me in DE). This is when things got weird. It's only been a few weeks but stuff has begun to happen. The house feels ok, except for the third floor (where I live). There is a bathroom on this floor which is where stuff began to happen.

The first event occurred 1.5 weeks after moving in. One of our roommates noticed that on a random night at around 3:00 AM the bathtub was turned on, he thought someone was in there so he ignored it. The next morning when he was leaving for work at about 7:00 AM he went into the bathroom and the water was still turned on. To date no one has claimed responsibility for this.

A few days later I was out with another roommate and the house was empty, when I got back everything in the bathroom was thrown into the sink or into the bathtub, if it was on the side of the bathtub then it was now inside of it and the same with the sink. We had the windows open that night, and although it wasn't windy rather quite a stagnant night, I assumed that was the cause.

The next odd event happened when my brother was over for a party, less than a week later. Since the house is on a very slight angle, every time the bathroom door is left open it will slowly shut. However when my brother went in to use the bathroom the door opened if not completely shut. That same night I used the bathroom but it would slowly shut when I went in.

However the most disturbing thing happened today. I stayed home from work and took care of some chores. I thought it would be a good idea to get settled into the bathroom so I started to clean it. I was almost done when I began to empty a drink into the sink. I placed the glass back onto the counter and just stood there for a minute thinking of what to do next.

Suddenly, for no apparent reason, one of the light bulbs in the track lighting above me suddenly just shattered all over me, cutting my hand. I had no lights on being that it was the middle of the day and the bathroom has a skylight, I didn't shake or make any hard vibrations rather I was just standing there, and there were no loud cars or buses coming down the street.

Honestly I have no clue what's going on but this is getting creepy. My mom has a history of 'seeing things before they happen' but not me. I just want to know what's going on. Do I have a poltergeist? Am I making this happen? And most worrisome, is a ghost following me?! What should I do?

FYI... I am a male in my mid 20's I've read this stuff mostly happens to females.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bce360, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

anniedee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
Listen, I'm having the same types of experiences. I'm in the military and it started at my last duty station, Washington, DC. Same stuff, with the bathtub incident. Kept making excuses and ignorning stuff being moved. Until it knocked my birdcage over right in front of me. It watches me at night, follows me around the house... Oh did I mention that I moved? I initially got freaked out in DC, and went to stay with a friend for 3 months. It did not follow me there. Then I came to Japan to a ship. I have a house, where freaky stuff happens all the time. It doesn't follow me to the ship. The only sleep I get is aboard this piece of crap in a military rack. What did you do to get rid of it? Did I mention that I'm in Japan? Not exactly any english speaking holy folks over here...

Annie
Fanpirekate (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Hey thanks for sharing your story. The thing about your grandfather coming to you on your dream happen to me a while ago, he told me strange stuff to tell to people I didn't even know when I told my mom she told me that those people where one of his few close friends. Weird things don't really happen to me, but my family has had encounters with entities before. Good luck with everything and if I were you I will bring someone to bless the house.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
There are more questions I need to ask you. Have you experienced any of these types of paranormal tauntings as a young child?. Do you find these things happen when you are all alone, or when your room-mates or friends and family are around? Sometimes our energy force can cause strange things to happen. When I become upset or overly burdened w too much to do, I can turn things off and on, shut off power, etc... Male or female, it makes no difference. Find yourself a strong belief system and use the power that comes from it. Check out my web site for a more in depth search about the paranormal at www.ghost-e.com

You have the ability to stop these things from happening as long as you don't let fear overtake your mind. Remember, we are living energy that ebbs and flows, and we have a soul or a spirit housed within our human bodies. These things you are experiencing... Find out a little more of your family history and see if others have gone through what you are now enduring. And yes, Ghosts can follow from place to place, but you can help send them on if need be. It's best not left to the novice, and a call to your local church, paranormal group who specializes in a ghost cleansing, or just good old power of prayer for protection. It's a step in the right direction. Knowledge is power, remember this. Blessings, Ghostseer 😊
alex323 (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
hm... Maybe you're being haunted as you say. I admit I'd be more than shaken if a lightbulb broke over me. Keep in mind that you might just have gotten the short end of the stick and be a sensitive. Sensitives seem to be more troubled by the super-natural because its hard for us to deny it. Try documenting your emotions and such when things happen, there might be a pattern. Also do you get any sensations before something happens? Document everything in a journal or such. Also, don't jump to the conclusion you're a haunted person. That's very rare, or so I've heard, and from what it sounds like you've done nothing for this to be a valid theory.

Best of wishes, ❤ alex
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Hi and thank you for sharring this interesting story with us. I have to agree with Burning flame on this one. It seems to me either you were very unlucky and You moved into three different haunted houses or it maybe caused by you being a sensitive. You are more sencitive then others who live with and it is easier for you to picking up on paranormal activity. I would suggest you to do what kimosouth said. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
It seems fairly clear to me that you're experiences are more physical than psychical. In other words I don't see that you would be being followed by something since all the activity seems to be centred around things actually happening around your home. I think its more likely that unlucky as it sounds youve picked a couple of different haunted houses to live in. Its not uncommon for people who experience the paranormal to be more open to it in future so its not surprising that if your new place has an entity that its acting up for you.

Here's what NOT to do. Dont partake in any kind of occult practices, Ouija, Auto Writing, Seances, anything. This is more dangerous than helpful.
Dont rush out to do an exorcism or a blessing. It sounds like you have a poltergeist and blessings and exorcisms have a nasty habit of merely pissing them off.

Do keep track of the things that are happening like with a journal. Keep a balanced healthy lifestyle. Maybe sit down in a central room with everyone living in the house and just ask that if anything is in the house that it move along. You might feel a little silly but I know that many people feel that this is a good and safe way to approach the situation.
Hope we've helped
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I agree with KimSouthO,
I had this strange feeling that there was someone or something watching me, always around me, then I told 'it' to go towards the light, etc... Now, I don't feel anything very threatening around me anymore, and if I do feel something around me, it's usually calm.
Try doing that, and if it dosent work, then try other suggestions!
Take care,
Chrono 😳
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
People get haunted as Sarah said. But I don't think you're being haunted because people normally get haunted by people they were close to. Yet no-one you were close to would injure you? The dreams you're having almost sounds like your dreams are a gateway between 2 dimensions. Maybe the poltergeist came through there? Have a priest bless the place as you can't constantly try and get away from it.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hi bce360,

I believe that people as well as places can indeed be 'haunted'. However I do not think that this is the case with you. It would appear to me that like many others, regardless of sex, you are sensitive to outside forces. For that reason alone maybe spirits seek you. Other people in you flat may be slightly aware of it too but only in a much more diluted way as it is mainly directed towards you. Due to the severity of your last encounter I would say a prayer in the building and encourage whatever it is to leave you in peace. After all, it is one thing to feel/see/sense something but it's a whole different ball game to actually have suffered injury by it.

Sarah
PrincessWolf81 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Another suggestion, most people don't know this, but when things like this occur, if you go to Psalms 83:18 and call out God's name out loud, whatever supernatural thing occurs, it will stop in mid track so to speak. It won't completely get rid of whatever is going on, but it will stop.

Whenever you feel scared when these things happen, call out God's name, Jehovah.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
You disturbed some spirit, or the spirit is guarding your their house. Try saying your prayers to them and tell them to go to the light, that will stop them from disturbing you.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I find your story to be very creepy, and for some reason, I did assume you were a female until the end when you said you were a male. I don't know why, but anyway, I agree with KimSouthO. I think you are someone very sensitive to the paranormal, especially since your grandfather communicated through a dream. My mother in law also has spirits communicate to her through dreams. Here is a website that may or may not describe you, but it says that spirits are sometimes attracted to physically strong people or people with certain personalities.

Http://www.peacefulwillow.com/docs/spiritpresences.html
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I don't think you should jump to the conclusion that you are being followed by an entity or entities. It is quite possible that you are more susceptable to seeing and hearing occurances than others. It doesn't mean that you are necessarily being sought out, especially if there is an entirely different energy in the places where you have lived.

If this is frightening to you, which from your story it appears it is, I know it would be to me-- tell 'it' to leave. Tell 'it' that it needs to cross over to be with our Lord. If it does not choose to cross over with our Lord into the light, it must leave you and your home in the name of the Lord.

After the incident in the bath room and being physically harmed, I would say that this is the best option with what you are experincing now.

Keep us posted!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: