You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: New House - Knocking - Family Member?

Real Ghost Stories

New House - Knocking - Family Member?

 

This might be nothing but I thought I'd see what other peoples opinions are. To start I'll mention my house was brand new when we moved in, no one has ever died in it or near it, and there has never been any other ghostly experiences apart from some active imagination as a child.

Recently my sisters bedroom door keeps opening of a nighttime. It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally. Being a non-believer I went through all the possibilities, but the door clicks shut and won't open without turning the handle, I didn't even open when I kicked it. I still kind of put it down to something other than the paranormal.

Until last night, I heard footsteps outside my door down the hall way, they then seemed to walk up next to my bed, this then turned into tapping on the wall about 1 tap every second for about a minute, and it sounded as if it came from inside the wall (room next door is an empty guest room). I'm still trying to figure out what this could be.

I know family members don't really come back, but my sister said to my grandma who died a year ago, if you can come back as a ghost DO, so I know they exist. And this is the sister who's door keeps opening, the guest room is where my grandma used to sleep every Christmas.

Is there a possibility there is a ghost? Or is it just active imagination again?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buksh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-12)
I most definitely believe in paranormal activity/demonic activity. Many things have happened to me in the past and when I have rebuked it in Jesus name, it has stopped. EVERY TIME.
Ganesh (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
hello, this is also happening to me
But I don't think it is my grandma or any family member, everyday at some time at midnight my door open, everyday around the same time. It is getting scary.
A few day my bathroom door was wide open it kept moving very slowly until in one time it closed, also at midnight.
My bathroom shower is broken but I still have my shampoo inside, so one day I went to look what I have inside my bathroom and I found the shampoo on the stand then I went to school, when I came back it was lying across the bathroom next to the toilet, the same day that I saw it.
I also had a glass of lemon juice in my room and it got mole (the green stuff) and I putted it in my bathroom so my mom wouldn't see it, the same day as the shampoo thing I found all the mole on the bathroom floor and the glass was standing on the same place, on the shell next to the soap, it wasn't broken or anything.
I believe in ghosts but this doesn't sound something like my grandma or my aunt that in peace may rest.

-Ganesh
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Despite your skepticism about ghosts and the return of past relatives, I sense you're beggining to question your general ideas about life and eath. Is it possible it's your grandmother's paying her visits? Yes, it is along with a large number of other possibilities. Like you, we're craving for answers although most times what we're left with is just speculations of what there might be. Retain that skepticism but allow a little more room for the things that are not always seen or touched. Our universe is still to be explored, answers are still to be found.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hi buksh (nice name!) and thanks for sharing your story with us!

It must be your grandma come back to visit you and your family, because whichever facts you said perfectly fit into it being your grandma. (she used to stay in the guest bedroom, the noises coming from the guest bedroom, etc.) Next time you hear her footsteps or tapping noises, try to communicate with her by saying her name or grandma or by saying I miss you or such. Thanks and hope to hearing more from you!

Biemaster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
At the risk of posting something that someone else has, I would like to say that Yes, it IS a possibility that your Grandmother is coming to visit.
With you being a self proclaimed non-believer, I can see your confusion. Let me encourage you to keep seeking your OWN answers. Any opinions that we may offer you are just that, our personal opinions. We may be able to back up absolutely everything we state, but unless it is within your belief system, it will mean nothing.
You have made a tremendous start to an eye opening subject.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I have not read the other comments...

There does not have to be something that occured in the home for paranormal events to occur there. There are many other reasons... Past family members, land problems, different furniture, clothing, etc.

It sounds as if what ever is in your home means no harm, just wants to be acknowledged.

Keep us posted with further occurances if they happen!

God Bless!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Buksh--It must be assuring to know family members don't really come back, but if your sister is interested in proof, perhaps she could ask your grandmother to give her an indisputable sign of another sort, one only gran could know to do. Thanks for bravely putting your knowledge to the test.
buksh (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
i mentioned this to some friends last night, and after I'd explain what the knocking sounded like, they said they had heard it in his garage one time which was apparently haunted too. No new updates as of yet though, last night was fine, but people were up late and I'm wondering if it happens only when people are asleep e.t.c
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I would be happy if it was grandma. Just tell her to keep the noise down lol. Guess she took that request from your sister seriously about returning. If you don't feel any bad vibes from what's going on I wouldn't worry about it. I think spirits that pass on can visit family members and not be stuck here. If it's not her I don't think it will take long to figure that out.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi buksh, I think it could be your grandma, especially since your sister her that, she still believes she is welcomed into your home, and doesn't seem like she's bothering you or anyone. If it bothers you, just tell your grandma to leave and follow the light. That is all I know to do. THanks for sharing your story. Keep us posted. 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello buksh and welcome here. Your story is interesting as I believe it could be your grandma's ghost/spirit coming back to visit her grandchildren. As for the new house, it doesn't matter if it is new as you are probably thinking it has to be an old home in order to have ghostly activity. Considering your sister's words to her grandmother, happening to her bedroom door and the room where your grandma slept every Christmas, I would definitely say it is her. It is nothing to be frightened of. This type of activity can happen to many with loved ones. I for one this type of occurrence happen many a time. It seems that you have a gift to see this type of occurrence. I think it is comforting to know that this can happen with a loved one, mind you, not all of the time. If it does bother you, you can tell your grandma to leave into the light because it bothers you that she is still here and hasn't passed on to the other side. This is my thought on this story.

If you really want help on this, I am sure others here will help you as there are individuals on this site who have definitely far more experience with these types of occurrences than I or you. I am just going from my experiences on this subject. The moderators here are very, very thorough as you will find out. They have helped me tremendously since coming here with my first story.

Thank you for your story and take care of yourself. I hope you receive the help you need and to share more of your stories. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: