You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Encounter In Bombay

Real Ghost Stories

An Encounter In Bombay

 

This incidence happened in the year 1975. My father, then unmarried, along with his family, used to live in the Mulund East suburb of Bombay, now Mumbai.

He used to have a friend and neighbor, Jadhav. Jadhav just got a job with a Pharma Company in Mulund West suburb, and had to daily cross the railway lines to get across the suburbs, and used a cycle for travelling to work.

One night, when Jadhav was returning home at around 1:15 am after completing his third shift, he encountered a strange thing. He saw a man standing in front of him on the railway tracks, accompanied with a cycle. This man was blocking the whole crossing by placing the cycle across the road of the crossing. Jadhav saw this man, but was unable to see his face since the man was facing away from Jadhav.

At first, Jadhav asked the man to leave his way, but there was no response. After a couple of requests, Jadhav started using abusive language to persuade the man to leave the tracks, but there was still no reply. Finally, Jadhav decided to get rid of that man using some physical force. Jadhav was pretty confident about himself since he had a good physique with a height of 5 feet 11 inches and a weight of 85kg, whereas the man confronting Jadhav seemed a physically weak guy of around 45 kgs, and was only somewhere around 5 feet 2 inches tall. Jadhav stepped ahead to grip the shoulder of the man, but when Jadhav touched him, the man suddenly turned around facing Jadhav.

Jadhav saw his face and felt that it seemed something different, his face was totally white and his eyes were so deep that they weren't visible. Before Jadhav could make any move, that man landed a tight slap on Jadhav's face. The slap was so hard that Jadhav fell five feet behind on the ground. It would have been a really difficult task for a man of that height and physique to overpower a huge guy like Jadhav. Jadhav somehow managed to get up immediately but found that the man, along with his cycle, were both missing.

Fear ran through Jadhav's mind as he realized that it wasn't human. Jadhav started running towards the railway platform, which was around 200 meters from the spot. Jadhav somehow reached the railway platform and then ran all the way to his house.

From that night, Jadhav suffered from high fever along with dystentry for one week. His family performed some Puja and Havan to rid him of this fever.

Today, Jadhav lives in Pune, India. Even after more than thirty years after that incident, Jadhav still remembers that night.

I still hear people saying that the railway tracks near the crossing are haunted, and some years back, a flyover bridge was constructed on the railway crossing.

Other hauntings by shaishav34

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shaishav34, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Excellent story, thanks for sharing! I think he was brave period for being out so late at night... I could see why he would become impatient with the person blocking his way home. But wow, to get slapped! I would be bonkers after that. I hear over and over how manifestations can make people feel ill, kind of like a manipulation of the magnetic field of our bodies.

I also have heard of incidents that do not involve spirits where someone was so traumatized by the experience their immune system seemed to tank... And one of them was me. I was hurt in a sailing accident during a race and literally had to be met at the dock by an emergency crew because I had started going into shock. I was stabilized and sent home, but was sick for a week with flu symptoms after that. Dunno why, I was perfectly fine before the accident.
Thanks for sharing!
Keya_Ray (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
I truely believe your story. I am also from India and have been told by my granny many times not to go near railway tracks at night as spirits of people who dies there hunts the tracks and they are very dengerous.
raj89m (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
I personally believe this story is true. Spirits possess immence power. They can do whatever they want. They can visibly manifest before a person if they wish to be seen or remain invisible. Some spirits called Poltergiests can even lift things which a ordinary person can't even imagine.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Maybe that ghost was trying to prevent him from crossing the tracks (so maybe he doesn't meet the dead man's fate)... It's dangerous to cross tracks you know
nikita2012 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Hi Shaishav,
I liked the story and its quiet interesting and I would like to know that Mr. Jadhav still goes from that place. 😐
ubbeemeerut (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Hi I red the story its quit interesting. Because I also from mumbai santacruz (east).but from last 15years I am in bangalore for my business by the way I also heard lot of time these kind of railway haunted story the reason is plenty of people are dying& sucide on tracks & thatswhy they never get moksh. But my advise be carful while we are crossing tracks mostly in nights.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Hmmmm interesting but how could Jadhav guess the weight of the ghost?
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Hi Shaishav,

I am from Mahim-bombay too, but living in Dubai, UAE, whilst living in Bombay, I used to hear stories about spirits harming people too, for e.g. My uncle was pushed off the wall when he was sitting and waiting to use a public restroom, someone had been in the restroom for a while, so he got fed up of waiting and started using abusive language asking the person to get out, suddenly he was forcefully pushed off the wall, thankfully the wall was not very high so he was not seriously hurt but he had a whole hand print on his back to prove the fact, the print looked as if he had been branded with hot iron. When he got up to see who had pushed him the restroom door was open and there was nobody insight.
nel (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Thanks Javelina... It was good to hear from you... To be clear I am not hear to insult anyone for their experience... When we say true story it doesn't mean stories of ancestors. It should be Live experience which the person who is writing has witnessed. If you are a Christian you should have read the Holy Bible. Which talks about spirits.
ONLY THING WHAT I BELIEVE IS THAT THE SPIRITS DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO HURT US UNTIL YOU HAVE HURT THEM BY WORDS OR DEEDS. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT POWERFUL THAN GOD. THAT WE HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND.
GOD BLESS.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
[at] nel,
I can only relate what my mother and others that "see" spirits have related to me. Many people will tell you they look just like you or me, flesh and blood human beings. But they're behavior, and possibly other little things, give them away.
My mother was never hurt or slapped by a human spirit, I believe it would have to be something other than a human spirit for it to cause any physical harm.
I imagine they would look scary to anyone not prepared to see one, or if they meant to look scary. I also believe that if they were a mean and nasty person in life, they could come off pretty nasty looking in death.
Last, but not least. This site is for True ghost stories/experiences. And though a few phonies might slip below the radar, if you read the comments after, you'll find that we debunk quite a lot of those. By saying saying that yours is true and not made up or imagined, you insult others who also post true experiences. So until you have read every experience on this site, I would tread lightly with those words. You don't want to start off by insulting everyone, it's not polite.

Jav
nel (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Good story... Thanks for sharing... I would like to know from you and the people who will read this comment,
-that when you say about Ghosts are they visible like a human being?
-Can they slap or harm us?
-do they look scary and they have scary faces?

If someone can including you sir can give some information on this would be great...

After this ill share my true experiences with you people... Which you all should find interesting... Because this is not a made up story or an imaginary story.
pokemon (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Its good that they performed the Puja and Havan at the right time right after the incident. It makes the victim feel better and protected. I have heard a lot about these kind of incidents. We have a railway crossing near our old house. Some days after we left that place, a man died there accidentally. Since then the residents have been complaining that they were hearing screams from some invisible person. No one dared to go out to that place even in the mornings. Then they did some Puja for nearly 10 days and they say that the spirit left the place as they couldn't hear the screams any more.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
puja is a kind of rituals or some kind of offerings to make god pleasant and praay him for releiveing their sins!
Scaryboy
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
hey guys, thanks a lot for your comments. I will surely like to share some more incidents with you.
[at] Biemaster
Hi, Nice to know that you too are from Mumbai. As for the meaning of Dysentry, can you please refer to wikipedia, since the meaning seems a bit complex for me to explain here.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. It was very well written. This must have been a scary encounter your friend had. I realy wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Sounds like your friend saw an honest to goodness apparition and got a good slap to boot. Grant Wilson from TAPS said he was also slapped in the face by a spirt and I'm not sure he was even provoking it at the time. Maybe it doesn't take much to anger some spirits and if they were the type to lash out with physical force when living they may still do that when dead. I think people can be scared badly enough to produce sickness or they have run into a spirit with such a negative force field that it effects their health. Don't know which was the case for this man but I'm sure he will never forget it.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-07)
Hi Shaishav34 and thanks a lot for sharing your story with us!

First of all, I would like to say, Namaste! Even I am from Mumbai but I live in Kuwait! Its so nice to hear from a guy in India.

I agree with you that it is very hard to find people with a white face in India, especially in Mumbai. Its good to know that his relatives did Havans and Poojas, otherwise the ghost wouldn't have left him alone. What is dysentery? Thanks and hope to hear more from you!

Biemaster
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
What I found even more terrifying than the ghostly man's description was that he actually and literally slapped Jadhav. I have to wonder how much energy that takes to be able to 'interfere' like that with the physical realm when you're a spirit!
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
[at] bette31

No, he had never seen any man like that before. Further its even hard to get a white faced man in India, since 99.99% of the nation's population is brown or wheatish skinned.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
shaishav34-thank you for sharing your story. Did Jadvah recognize the man that he confronted?
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Great story. I'd have to say that he did a really naughty thing for instigating what happened to him. If you encounter anything "unknown" it's always best not to make it mad.
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
[at] KimSouthO

Yes, Accidents do occur on this railway crossing. But, after the construction of the Bridge, most accidents which occur at this spot are suicide cases.
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Puja & Havan are Hindu religious rituals, both of these rituals are performed before starting any Activity like construction, new product launch, marriage, etc. Performing these, ensures that Spirits or any Supernatural elements stay away.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
What is Puja and Havan?

How creepy! Do you know if there had been deaths on the crossing?

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: