You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Text Messaging Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Text Messaging Ghost?

 

Up until a couple years ago, I'd never had any sort of "experience" and I've not had any since then, but I am quite intrigued and would like to hear what other people think about this situation. About two years ago my boyfriend moved into a townhouse (off Olive Rd, for those of you who live in STL) with three other guys who were in STL for school. There was nothing initially creepy about the place whatsoever.

The first "incident" I can remember, however, is when I would bring my dog Hobbs over to the townhouse. For some reason, he was absolutely beyond terrified of the kitchen. I mean, he would literally stand at the edge of the kitchen where the carpet meets the tile and just bark, growl, and raise his hackles, at absolutely nothing. It got so bad I had to move his food and water bowl into the dining room because he would refuse to go in the kitchen (this is totally not like him at all). Even then, I didn't really think so much of it, just my dog being a weirdo.

The next thing I recall is one night I was in the living room with my boyfriend Corey, my friend Kelley, and one of the roommates Jason (the two other roommates, Ian and Matt, were gone). We were in the living room with all the lights turned off watching the Devil Wears Prada when we heard what sounded like a glass being thrown against a wall. We got up to investigate, first in the kitchen, found nothing, then we went downstairs.

Before I go on, let me give a quick layout of the basement: It's a very short hallway with a bedroom on the left, a bathroom on the right and a laundry room at the end. In the laundry room, we had a beer pong table (we're in college) that I would say is approximately 10 feet from the actual hallway itself. The hallway is padded with thick carpet and there was a single light with a thick glass light fixture over it. We walk downstairs and turn on the light and the light fixture is literally BURST. I'm not talking about the light fixture falling from the ceiling, because in the event that DID happen, it would have maybe broken into 3 or 4 large pieces at best. The fall wasn't that far, and as I said before the carpet is thick and so is the light fixture.

There were hundreds and hundreds of tiny, tiny shreds of glass everywhere. There were even some on the beer pong table, that's how violently it had burst. We were completely freaked out, even my boyfriend who to this day, after living in this townhouse, does not believe in ghosts. We even took pictures of it because it was just really unbelievable. I began to understand why Matt (who slept in the basement) would always be on the couch in the morning (he said he hated the basement because it freaked him out, even though nothing specific had happened).

The second incident was when we were all watching football one night and Ian had a plate of hot wings in his hands. (I watched this with my own eyes). He had both hands on the plate and sat down on the couch and a picture frame from the side table literally flew over and landed face down in the plate. He immediately jumped up and asked if anyone had seen what just happened. I DID!

The last thing, and the freakiest thing to me, which I know a lot of people are going to have a really hard time believing, is the text message my boyfriend got late one night. This was a couple weeks before he was going to move out and it was about 3am and we were sleeping. He gets a text message and gets up to read it and when I asked him who it was he just kind of looked at me and handed me his phone. It was from his friend Vinny (who had been over to the townhouse only one time to pick up a LoveSac (bean bag chair) and NEVER had any of us mentioned our "ghost" to him. Well, all the text message said was "ghost". Before this, I had never really been "scared" per say, more like intrigued, but I was absolutely petrified. I made him call back Vinny, who didn't answer.

The next night we were at a party and Vinny was there with his girlfriend Karli. We asked him about the text message and he said he had no idea what were talking about. Karli said they had gone to bed at around 11 that night after watching a movie. Vinny even gave us his phone to look at his sent text messages. I KNOW this sounds like it's not possible, but I swear everything I've just said is the 100% complete truth.

I would really, really like to know what people think about this text message... Vinny is definitely not the type to do something stupid like that, even if he HAD known about our "ghost".

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, christinikki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pokemonninjanerd (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I'm having this same experience now! And yes it is very creepy! I keep getting text from my fiance's dead great grandmother! And she is telling me that the boys will suffer for lengths and to please protect. What does this mean? Help! I know the house is haunted and I know that the thing that is there is evil! It attacked my fiance and my future brother in law! Verra was their greatgrandmother's name and I received a text saying verra guard gone soilder pain lonely. What do I make of this? What do I do? I am freaked out and afraid!
Greaves098 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
I have been on holiday recently while my mum has been with my nan in hospital, who was dying of a very bad illness. We were all very upset when we were in bed on the tuesday night. Sadly my nan died that tuesday night at 11. 20pm in whiston hospital. At exactly 11. 20pm in Dorset my dad recieved a text sfrom an unknown number saying "U can now send a free txt to steph (my mum) as she is needing u". My dad rang to find out my nan died at the exact time the text was sent. The only thing was that no-one else new she had died! 😲
aliya_haq18 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Okay, this is really freaky. All of it.
But, last night I had the exact same text messaging experience as you did...

I am staying at my grandparent's house in Pittsburgh with my friend Kristina and my sister Sophia. We were all sleeping, and I had woken up at exactly 3:47 AM. Then, I looked around to see if anyone else was awake, and my friend Kristina, who was laying on the couch behind me, was wide awake, and my sister, who was laying to the left of me was moving around, so she was also obviously awake. At night, the light tends to flicker in the room as well. I felt very uneasy in the room. Then, all of a sudden, Kristina's phone (which had unfortunately been on the loudest volume setting) starting ringing, and she picked it up to find her mother asking her to stop butt-texting her. Kristina agreed and hung up. Then, she rolled over after a few minutes of realization and told me that her phone was completely out of her reach. There was no possible way for her to have butt-dialed in anyway. She also checked her sent messages and found that there wasn't anything sent.

The next day, she called her mom and asked her to forward her the messages that she had "sent" to her the night before. When her mom went to check HER phone, she found that also the messages were missing. We thought that maybe she had dreampt it all, but she had told us that she had showed Kristina's dad as well, so there we go: witness.

Weird things have been continuing to happen in this house ever since. Here is a video of a beer can randomly moving on it's own. I promise you that this is our video. If you have anything that you can help us with, then please let me know ASAP by emailing me at: kayrufrog [at] gmail.com

Http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/kristinamariepb/?action=view&current=022.mp4
hmhurst (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
your paranormal is normal in a home or even a town home but I do know is that yours far more amazing in a instents like that I would be care to not get hurt.
ghosty24 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
this happened to me, the phone thing,
except it was to my mom from my
Phone,and the text message told my mom to call me
and she got it like, 5 minutes before I got off the bus
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
how did he get vinny's number?
That is the creepiest thing for me
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Being a movie lover, I watch a lot of movies whenever I can and not just in English but in my mother tongue language, Tamil (Kollywood) and I also love watching Hindi movies (Bollywood). Anyways, about a year ago, I watched a Tamil movie (also was made in Hindi) called Yavarum Nalam (Hindi title: 13B). The summary is a little to long to post on here so here is the link if any one wants to read the summary:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yavarum_Nalam

Anyways, there is two particular incidents that are brought up in the movie that I think helps explain somewhat what you or anyone in the same position are going though. The first incident in the movie is when the main character's nephew takes his brand new phone and runs off to take a picture of his sister. The picture comes out distorted. It scares the kid and he quietly puts it back on his uncle's dresser. When the main character is at work and he shows his new phone to his co - worker. His co - worker looks at the picture and tells him that his phone is crap because the picture is distorted. The main character takes the phone again and takes a picture of his co - worker and the picture turns out fine.

The second incident is more of an explanation. When the main character and his friend were trying to find out answers, they go to their family doctor, who is deeply interested in the paranormal. The doctor gives them this explanation when asked about ghosts.

"One of the most complicated machines in this world is our bodies and it has gotten to the point where doctors can fix them and at the same time ghosts can take procession of the bodies at will. Why is it difficult for people to understand that ghosts can take over machines like a cell phone or a TV that can be easily be fixed by technicians?"

So this is something to think about for everybody!
tgrealty (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Last night my phone texted this mess to my daughter "They makes them go away" I was asleep and DID NOT send that text. My daughters phone texted me back a few seconds later and it said "What*" I asked her and she said she was awake and never saw the text and never texted me bk! It shows up on both of our phones but we never sent them. I know for a fact I NEVER sent mine. Even if I texted it in my sleep, I think the words would be mis-spelled or something. I have never walked or talked in my sleep so why would I text? And my rm is dark I cldnt have seen the keys. The phone was on the night stand in morning, not on the floor or on my bed, it was where I left it... Very weird... Long story but my same daughter swears she saw a ghost in her rm in the basement about 3 years ago, (I thot she must have been dreaming) but nothing since, until now. I have never had a ghostly experience in my life, but this is making me wonder! What a wierd message, what does it mean?
darkcookie (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
The same thing is happening to me it is very strange they are random letters and symbols usually? Marks and +s it is scaring me does anyone know what is happening?
vicki27 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
OMG this just happened to me... Last night my boyfriend and I were text messaging back and fourth... Then he received a text message that I did not send. It said "its very fun in here" we even compared text messages today and that message was not on my phone but it was on his and it said that I sent it to him. Its very strange and freaky 😕
Death_Prayer (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Hey I just experienced this today. Literally. I've been having these weird problems all the time lately and I am becoming rather accustomed to the strange things that keep occurring but this time I wasn't sure. I'm glad this has happened with other people because the text I received REALLY freaked me out. 😕
I think that it is very possible for ghosts to communicate through phones due to the frequencies that they transmit and receive. Infact... I've only had experiences via the phone
LindsayMichelle (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
This is really interesting, my friend recently had an experience similar to this, where a ghost sent a text to someone else from her phone, and she knew nothing about the text that she supposedly sent. It didn't even exist in her past sent text messages. It's nice to know that this has happened to other people.
MediumColette (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
I have nothing more to say but that it was diffidently Paranormal. I find it amazing that you find it hard to believe. No offense but you should have looked more into this. You probably should buy some books on paranormal experiences.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-17)
I don't have a hard time believing you. I occasionally get phone calls from private numbers around 3am and nobody else will be on the other end. In several instances I have thought that this may be paranormal. Thanks for sharing.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Perhaps Vinny wasn't lying and didn't send the text message about the ghost. However, the fact is that SOMEONE used Vinny's phone to send this text message. Perhaps someone is playing a joke and used Vinny's phone without him knowing and then deleted the sent message from his phone. It is a possibility.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Hey my fellow St. Louisan! I lvoed reading your story not only because you live in the best city in the world (lol) but because it was so real. Yes, I do believe you got a text from a ghost. I don't know how it happen, but they are capable of doing such things. My sister once was speaking to her friend on the phone when all the sudden this man with a very deep, scary voice started saying very violent things to her. The friend couldn't hear it but she could. (my house was haunted). Is he still living there?
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Before anyone accuses your friend of lying:

I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't believe Vinny and would think that he is lying about not sending you the message. However, if I'd received a mysterious text message from any of my friends who said they didn't send it, I would believe them too.

Because like Vinny, my friends also wouldn't lie about something like this.

I totally believe the sincerity of your friend, as I would also want people to believe me if I said, "no I did not send that text".

Not everyone is a liar.

So thank you for your story. Yes, spirits can and do use strange methods of contacting us.:)
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
The way you described some things tells me your telling the truth and I respect that. Spirits can do some very strange things. The phone thing is possible. I realy enjoyed reading your story and I hope you share other ones with us too. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
terriwarren (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Maybe the ghost had something to do with Vinnie. Or trying to contact Vinnie. That may be why it chose Vinnie's name to send the message. Can't tell more until an investigation is done and the identity of the ghost is found out. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: