You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Office Sleeping Quarter

Real Ghost Stories

My Office Sleeping Quarter

 

This happened a few months ago, our call center company just opened a new site for its operations, a two-story warehouse like building. We have a separate sleeping quarter for men and women. Ours is a big room and there are about 20 double-decker beds in it. It also has a medium-sized comfort room.

I recall at that time that I was very sleepy, I barely had any sleep that day. I worked the graveyard shift so at around 2am (I think), I could barely keep myself from dozing off. I told my girlfriend (whom I was chatting with on MSN at that time, she was at home) that I needed to sleep for a bit, then I logged off from the phone and headed for the sleeping quarters.

Now the bed I got was the lower deck of the pair which was closest to the entrance of the room. The lights were off; the only light was that of the comfort room (which was across the room but only a few steps from the bed I was assigned to), and the lights coming in from the entrance doors slits. So it was pretty dark, but I could faintly see inside the room. If I recall correctly, there were about 4 other agents asleep at that time. The air-conditioning in the room was moderate, making it pretty comfortable to sleep in without using a blanket, so I didn't go under the covers (besides, I had my shoes on).

I admit that I am easily frightened when it comes to anything seemingly paranormal. My family, including relatives, have all experienced firsthand, paranormal encounters, so I am not a skeptic when it comes to that subject. This is also the reason why I found it hard to sleep that night, I was VERY reluctant to close my eyes, fearing that someone or 'something' might approach me and attack me. Furthermore, it was my first time sleeping there.

I felt uneasy; fearing that the other people in the room might be waking up soon, leaving me by myself. I had this uncanny feeling of a presence in the room, especially at the dark corners and the unoccupied beds. I kept looking around without moving my head, always at the ready to leap up from bed and run to the exit in seeing something horrifying, anything. Much to my discomfort and anguish, the other people did need to wake up and leave the room. Eventually, there was only me and one other agent asleep on the other side of the room. This was when I felt a mild panic.

It is funny how little sounds; distinct noises, can catch your attention when your nerves are at their highest. I heard sounds like one of the beds to my right (at the very end of the room where it was extremely dark) creak for a split-second, footsteps across the hall outside (near from where the bed at the end was - although I pictured the layout of the building in my mind, and I was pretty sure that there was no hallway from where the footsteps were coming from) which sounded like someone walking on high heels and something like a small and hard object hitting the ground from across the room. But then I'd look quickly and see nothing or no one there. I looked if the other agent was causing the noise, but he did not even budge, he was fast asleep. I was almost telling myself to get up and leave, but I really needed to sleep. Somehow, I was able to sleep.

I don't know how long I'd been sleeping then, but I recall waking up suddenly in a sort of semi-conscious panicky state. My mind was fuzzy, as if everything was in slow-motion, my vision was a bit "fuzzy as well", but my body was numb, I felt cold, and I had this feeling of overwhelming panic (as though it was caused by my falling asleep and letting my guard down). My vision was still blurry and my mind weak, I could not move my head so I looked to the right a little bit with my eyes and that it when I saw this black shadow or silhouette "standing" to the right of my bed.

The being, from its height, I could tell was a child (a boy perhaps). It was not moving, just standing there staring; looking down at me. I dared not look at its face, fearing to see its eyes fixed on mine. I immediately looked straight up, horrified and at the same time extremely angry at this being's presence. I felt angry because it had invaded my privacy or perceived territory, when I had fallen asleep, leaving me vulnerable. I forced myself to get up but I couldn't, my whole body would not react to my brain's commands. It was then that I remember surrendering myself to Him, I recited the Lord's Prayer in my mind, at the same time saying "Lord... Please help me...!". It was then that I was able to move my body, I leapt from bed and without looking back, and I ran to the exit.

I am still working in the same company, same office building. But I never dared to venture there again, even until now. I only told my experience to my girlfriend and one colleague and much to my surprise, my colleague told me that he too hears all sorts of strange sounds in the room when he sleeps there but then he just dismisses them. My girlfriend told me never to sleep there again, fearing that I was not welcomed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charlemagne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-30)
[at] SkAlArIaK Sleeping quarters are common here in the Philippines for those companies who operates 24/7, 24/5, or those supporting international clients with different time zones. Some even has a shower room. Also, we call washrooms "comfort room" or just CR:)
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Hello,

I have a couple of questions. I work in a helpdesk callcenter too doing 10pm til' 8am shifts 5 days a week... And... Well we don't have beds here and never heard of a callcenter having beds, please explain, hehe.

Oh and another question... What is a comfort room? A toilet?

=]
Sweetdudette (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Hi, I think I had work before with that company your talking about, is that the office in between rosario and eastwood that looks like a warehouse? I had an experience in the ladies sleeping quarters beside the clinic same boy that when you open your eyes you'll see him in front of your face.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-20)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I'm very happy that you agree that this might be sleep paralysis. Some people do get affended when we claim this but trust me it is Much better to have this bothering us then a spirit. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-19)
Yes I would have to say SP too. I could be very wrong but I do know that imagination and fear can do weird things to us in our dream state. Would be interesting to find out if anyone else had ever seen this child spirit. If so then you would know it wasn't just a case of SP. People usually don't talk about this kind of thing because of ridicule. If you are willing to take that chance you may find that someone can confirm what you think you saw. You may find out you are not the only one who has experienced this phenomenon.
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
Thanks for your comments... I'm pretty skeptical too, it is very possible that my experience there was an episode of sleep paralysis... Maybe thinking too much does lead to negative effects!:) And the sounds could have been attributed to our office's warehouse type build. One thing's for sure, SP or not, I won't dare sleep there by myself again! =P 😜 😁
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
The only reason I said it was SP is the fact in all of the large warehouse type buildings I've worked in a tempreature change of just a few degrees can cause the building make noise, especialy with open floor areas. 😊 God bless.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
Your experience could have easily been discarded as an episode of sleep paralysis, had you not mentioned that others have heard things too.

As you're describing this frightening night visit, it's as if this "entity"-I wouldn't be fast as to label it a "child"-appearences can be deceiving-used your own energy to manifest leaving you completely drained!

It's no wonder why you decided never to step foot in there again-I would have done the same!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-17)
Hi Charlemagne,
That sounds like a truly horrific experience. I must say though that it sounds a lot like you had an episode of sleep paralysis. I only say this because you said that you were in a mild panic when you went to sleep. I theroize that your subconscious mind, continually registering the unfamiliar noises, caused you to start having a panic attack which triggered, or is the same as, sleep paralysis. From all I've read during SP it's common to feel a tingly feeling and you can also hallucinate. I am not saying that this experience didn't happen, I'm just saying that it doesn't sound paranormal in nature. I wish you all the best. God bless. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: