You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa's Falling Star

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Falling Star

 

I have another story to share on which I'd very much like your opinion. I don't think inside the box and believe that coincidence exists as well as the paranormal. In this experience, I don't believe it to be coincidence, but I would like to know your thoughts on it.

It happened 13 years ago. My grandfather had passed away. It was the day after his passing. My mother, uncle and aunt were all at their own home, which is important info in this story. It is also important to know that my grandfather was very interested in astronomy and stuff.

At midnight, my uncle saw a very big falling star. He called my mom up and told her about it. At that specific moment, my mother was writing a poem for the eulogy. The last words she had written down were "like a falling star". My mom spoke to my aunt (her sister) the next day and wondered if she had experienced anything related to a falling star. She couldn't think of anything in particular, but her husband said that they had been talking about getting a sign from my grandfather at just about midnight that night.

It really sounds like a coincidence but thinking about my grandfather's hobby, I have my doubts. In addition, the day after he passed away, me, my sister and cousins (the grandchildren) were all together in the backyard of my grandparents house and we saw the most beautiful colored sky with big packs of clouds we had ever seen. And we all felt...well, special. We had a certain feeling of comfort and I think we all felt it. We stared at it silently for I don't know how long. That's how I know we all must have felt it and my sister told me she also had the feeling.

So coincidence? I don't believe so. To this day I still have the feeling that my grandfather watches over us. I consider him to be my guardian angel.

Other hauntings by dphoek

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dphoek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
I (like the other posters are saying) don't think its a coincidence. I think when people pass they have a different way of expressing to those still alive that they are fine and made it.

I just think that some people may take it in a different understanding depending on who it is and the relation they had with the other person, as far as how close they were etc, and it could differ greatly from person to person in my opinion.

Peace
JustCurious
sistina (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
How cool... My grandma's death was similar... Within the hour of her passing My Mom called me in Hawaii to tell me and I know my uncles and aunties cousins and siblings across the country were getting the same call. I play guitar and was playing a bit when Mom called. After I hung up. I felt the need to play "Let it Be" (Not too surprising I only know a few songs) it seemed right. Little did I know at the exact moment (or within minutes) my uncle in Georgia, my Aunt in Washington and my sister in Oregon picked up their guitars and played let it be. She sent the message over hundreds of miles and an ocean... My grandmothers name was Rosemary... And she's still speaking words of wisdom...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that Kimo said it best. I can't add a word to that. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
I don't think it was a coincident either. I think your Grandpa wanted everyone to know he made it. How nice.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
coincidences, in my opinion, are things that happen that we choose not to explain any other way.

Your grandfather wanted you to kniw he is at oeace and wanted to share some of the peace with his loved ones.

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
I think your grandfather related to you in images you would understand. No I don't think it was a coincidence. It was sign, A gift.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
You are right, no coincidences here. You were given a very special sign, and it was to let you and your loved ones know, Your Grandfather Loves you all- very much. What a lovely gift he left for you to ponder. It lifted my heart to read your story!. Thankyou for sharing this very special moment with us...Blessings, Ghostseer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: