You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is My Grandma Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Grandma Following Me?

 

I was in grade school when this happened (maybe 3rd or 4th grade). By the way this is my first actual experience of seeing an apparition - a full bodied one at that.

My story happened during one of those lazy summer vacation afternoons. I was in the Salas (living room) of our ancestral house in Argao (a municipality of Cebu in the Philippines), playing with my two other brothers. You know, just messing around goofing off and laughing at each others antics when it happened. My older brother pulled my pants down. I was so embarrassed I almost cried but managed to "swallow" down my tears. As I wiped my teary eyes I happened to look up into the second floor balcony, I saw someone in white (I think that SHE - definitely feminine - was bathed in it, not wearing it) out of the corner of my eye. When I looked directly - voila - no one was there. But when I would look again into the other direction I would always see her at the corner of my eye, and if I'd look again she'd be gone. This continued for about five minutes, when finally I got creeped out and said to my brothers "There's a ghost in here!" and ran to find my mother who was in the market by the way. I then realized that we were actually alone in the house (no one to play ghost or something).

It was about a week later when I finally had the courage to be called crazy and asked my aunt (who still lives in the house up to this day) if there was a ghost in that house. She replied "Yes, I think it's the ghost of your grandma. She showed herself to my daughter once when she was alone in a room in that house and scared her off that room for a week."

Since that fateful day, I have come to experience weird things in my life. If I'd be alone in a room in my house (which is in Cebu city) I'd see this white figure at the corner of my eye, and if I tried to look at it directly it would be gone. I'd also occasionally see this lady in white in my dreams (which I can't remember by the way). Most dreams I've had with her are good. However, there was one occasion maybe two when the dream turned into a nightmare. I'll be telling that another time, but for now I won't.

Oh yeah, about that full bodied apparition I mentioned in the first paragraph, I remember seeing her body, face, arms, etc. Clear that day. I mean she was just like any other person except she was bathed in white light and all her eyes were empty, black or something. I think that this entity followed me all the way to the city, and is still here even now. Not that she's done anything bad to me. I sometimes wonder who this is. Is this really my grandma? Why is she still following me?

By the way I was only 1 when my grandma died which means I never had the chance to see her face and I haven't even really seen her photos. Would you please help me in identifying who this entity is? Does she mean good or bad in my life?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charl2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

loyzie (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
hello~!~ maybe that is just a sign that your grandma is still with you. You also mentioned earlier that you are from Argao. I from argao as well, hmmm! I might know a bit of info about your family! Just mail me if you are interested louise_gromano [at] yahoo.com thanks and nice to know that someone from argao also writes in here~!~

Have a good day!
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow thanks whitebuffalo for all the asking - finally someone with experience and looks serious is here!
Yeah it was quite hard for me to racall all of the details, but to me she looked like a white lightbulb cause she has this white glow coming from her (it was a hot afternoon, and the windows in the second floor were all closed because no one was there to use it - burglars might come in).
When I meontioned "since that fateful day" I actually meant that ever since I saw that entity I've ALWAYS seen this white figure at the corner of my eyes - especially when I'm not thinking about it or concentrating on something else (like pooing or reading books or anything). Sometimes it also pops up in a dream or two, which occasionaly turns into nightmares 😢. Also ever since that day I could "feel" out a place - wether it has good or bad energy. Sometimes, when I would pass a house, I'd even cry for no reason at all (which is VERY BAD cause I'm a manly man 😜).For your next question - only my mother or our househelps wash the clothes (back then), but now only my mother and sometimes me wash the clothes since she decided we are too big to be on our own (which is totally true 😜). I don't think my brothers would do something sterpid like pouring pepper on the laundry cause my mother is a neatfreak and would scream at you if she thinks you're doing something dirty. In other words they'd be afraid to get caught. And my mother has short hair... The rashes only stopped when my mother brought some holy oil and instructed me to pour some onto the affected area every night. But occasionally I STILL get some grain of black sand or long hair from anywhere (pocket, bag, wallet,etc.). Now that I remember some of the details, this woman was... Just looking at me (VERY CREEPY, empty or black pupils and all). Just quietly hovering there (she has feet mind you) and looking at me.
By the way for all of those who commented and have read my story, thank you all for your time. God bless you all.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Sooo, Let me see if I am understanding you correctly.
First, I HATE getting "Pants-ed". **Shaking head and turning to look at my family.** HATE it.
Anywhoo!
You and your siblings were rough housing when out on the balcony, one floor up, you (and you alone) catch a glimpse (SOUNDS like MUCH MORE than just a glimpse, if you can recall detail) of this glowing female form. She is PERFECTLY clear, save for this whiteness that seems to radiate FROM her (Was THAT right?).
"...Since that fateful day..."
I am lost.
Fateful?
What did I miss?
Nothing seems to be way "out there" and "fateful". There is no ominous feel to the sighting of this woman, there was no catastrophic issue.
Then skip down to the hair and the rash.
COULD merely be coincidental, with so much time having passed, I can not really ask you about the rash etc. BUT, does your FAMILY wash their laundry together? Your BROTHERS ever pour pepper in your shorts?
OH my goodness, there are SO many things (just drawing from the things MY children do/have done to each other in the past) that could cause THAT.
I, PERSONALLY, think that just happened to be a coincident.
I really do not feel that this woman that you saw was your Grandmother.
Did she just STAND at the balcony? Did she acknowledge you? Did she smile?
You say that her eyes were "empty", black.
The entire area of the eye, or simply the pupils?
Thank you.
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
I would like to submit other and follow up stories but page is still closed 😢.
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
By the way I remember now! After I saw that entity I began to have rashes near my private parts "singit" - and after I would scratch it (eek I know) I would always find 1.) a strand of long hair 2.) some sort of grain of sand. When it worsened, my mother consulted an "albulario" or unorthodox doctor or whatever and said that a female entity likes me...don't know what that means, but if she ever causes harm again. I don't know why I remembered this only now, maybe because I just didn't believe that quack (my mother told me so).
By the way the rashes have stopped two years after it started (but I FEEL that entity is still following me) 😢
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Well...after an exhausting midterm week and weekend at the province (AND A LOT of dust) I finally found a picture of my grandma! There's a good and bad news actually. Good news - It was'nt as deep in the basement as I initially thought. Bad news? THE ONE FOLLOWING ME IS NOT MY GRANDMA... Should I freak out now?
If EVER one of those nightmare episodes would continue, I would like to repel this entity for ever (if possible)...so people out there who knows what to do please help...
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Hey Charl,

Thought you were asking help identifying the person... So checking the picture was the most practical idea that I could think of...:)

Guess you'll never know if that was your granny because you sure can't get your hands on the box with all the pictures... Anyways goodluck on this one.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
if only you people know that it's almost impossible to find pictures of the deceased stored in a box among boxes in the basement... 😕...and it's in our province, and worse, I'm a college student about to graduate!
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
charl,it is quite funny while I was reading your story, first check out the picture and make sure of it
My blessings,
Kiranchandra
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Hi Charl,

Well, as I mentioned before... Do chek out the pictures of her. It should help you in relating to the image you see.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
I've stared at that figure for approx. Five minutes... Five minutes that just won't be erased from my mind. Also, she appeares sometimes on my dreams (same figure, same "face" always shows).
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
I don't mean to question your experience but I was wondering how it is possible to see the emptiness in one's eyes, let alone the color of the eyes when the only way to see their figure standing there is through the peripheral vision-"out of the corner of my eyes".

Also, I was wondering why did it take you 5 long minutes of playing this "see you, can't see you" game before you finally decided to freak out and start yelling "ghost".

Just curious
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
well no, they didn't seem to have had the same experience I do. Nor any of my family members at that. 😢
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Hi Charl,

Thanks for sharing this experience. Have you checked if any of your brothers have had the same experience or is it just you and your other cousin who your aunt mentioned. Also checking your granny's picture once may help you identify if it could be her or not.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: