You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Brat-brat

Real Ghost Stories

Brat-brat

 

When I was 10 years old I rescued a little black kitten from drowning. My best friend's cat, a papered Siamese, who had kittens and one came out black so her dad was going to get rid of it. I told him I wanted it and he said fine have it.

I walked home with the kitten tucked into the front of my jacket her little head peeking out under my chin. It began to rain before I got home. My Mom had gone out so I waited out back on the patio. When my mom pulled in I walked out of the back yard saying "look what I got." She sighed and said "Connie will eat that rat." I laughed and told her it's not a rat it's a kitten.

I had that kitten for 3 years. I named her Brat-Brat because she was such a brat. I was there when she had her first litter, in the room and handling them and helping her clean them as they were born. She died when we took her to the vet to get fixed. The Vet was worried we would sue so he investigated and found out Brat-Brat had been kicked in the side breaking a rib and puncturing a lung.

I knew exactly who had done it. The ten year old neighbor boy, he was always throwing rocks at my cat and kicking her and generally being mean. So when I heard what happened I got my skateboard walked across to his backyard where he was on the ramp and broke my board over his head. I was grounded for 2 weeks but it was worth it.

The first night I couldn't get to sleep because Brat-Brat wasn't there. She always jumped in bed at my feet then walked up my side curled up under my chin and sucked on my ear purring to shake the bed. I couldn't go to sleep without her and I started to cry. I stopped in shock as I felt a weight jump up on the end of my bed and little kitty paws walk up my side and a warm body settle on my neck and a purr in my ear.

To this day any time I am feeling really depressed I feel Brat-Brat climb in bed with me or curl up on my lap. She has always let my new cats know she is here and I am still her Mom even though she's not here physically.

Other hauntings by AmberMoonPriestess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmberMoonPriestess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Resolving-Insanity (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Well then. I would of ****** kid up so bad... 😢 I woulda told his parents, if you didn't. Then reported him to the police for killing my cat. For real... What have we become? Abusing animals who don't deserve it.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Screw braking your board over the kids head... I would've snapped him in two D'<
Poor kitten;=; That kid must be the biggest *** in the world. It would definitely be worth it to do something to him, getting revenge on Brat-brat's part.
I knew a kid that used to kick animals. I only had hamsters at that time, and he lived next door to me so I took my hamsters out in their cages (don't ask why, I was 8 XD) and he tried to take one and tried to kill it;=;
Poor hamster lived but I can't garuantee how safe that ***hole was after dealing with me:p I broke his arm XD
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
poor thing...
Humans are cruel to animals nowadays...
Once I found two kittens both in a tied plastic bag ALIVE! They were mewing frantically to get out...
Luckily I was there passing by...
Of course I brought these innocent kitties home...
Unfortunately, the black kitten went missing... The sad part is the other one kept mewing for days to death after its sibling disappeared... 😭
Phrenzy (36 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Did they appologise or offer to pay the bill. Did they even try to help the kittens.
I bet they did out of guilt instead of genuine remorse. Rediculous creatures! Now I'm bugging out😳.
Phrenzy (36 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Thats a heart warming, story its good that she's there for you, she'll always be there 😭😊. 10 is old enough to know better. He needs needs HIS ribs kicked in and rocks thrown at him. Some for his mum too for not nipping this in the bud.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Aww... My kitty ran away and I miss him so much still... I had him at the time you posted this but a month later he ran away. He was but a kitten of 7 months.: (I cry bout him still and few times he has visited me until I moved. He came once at 12 am in the morning when I was on the computer, the only one up, I heard purring coming from the radiator across the room where he used to sleep and a paper fell from behind me. He used to jump on my lap and sleep there while I was on the computer late at night and then jump down and play behind me on this post of wood.:l I miss him so. 😭
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Darn I read the comments first and got totally lost 😆!Well I have to say that killing an animal is just... I can't out a word to that. The boy who did that... I would beat him very badly if I could! Maybe that would start to make his brain work... Sorry guys but I realy get pissed whne I hear something like that. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
"Found out a bit more I can share, apparently chris cheated/lied about his journey to become a Shaman and his dad helped him..."

HOW is that even POSSIBLE?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
I have a question, how did you awaken the warrior spirit inside of you? Or how did you teacher tell you how to awaken it?
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
whitebuffalo

Actualy it wouldn't bother me at all, but I see your point this is not the place to discuss religion.

I too have come to the discovery that all religions are based on the same basic concepts.

Like you I cn write page after page on who/what The Great Spirit is to me.

Wolf

When I read what you said about atheists this quote popped into my head " if you don't believe in something you will fall for anything"
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
whitebuffalo - thank you again. I have my own theories of...everything. The short explanation you gave mirrors my own very closely. Not completely but closely.

I will not explain out of respect for others here. Discussing religion and politics is a great way to loose friends and close minds for many. I however am compelled to ask, to understand others religions and what they are. In my search to understand I came to understand that all have the exact same foundation. All except atheism of which I do not believe there are any true atheist in this world. A true athiest upon complete acceptance of the definition and understanding of the term, would shrivel up and die.

You have been very kind to answer my questions. I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to do so.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
According to http://www.angelfire.com/md/elanmichaels/naquotations.html ("Native American Quotations and Thoughts") and http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6058475107, the stiff translation would be "Hello Friends, Welcome." More loosely translated: "Come, My Friends."

I DO feel that MOST religions have a grounding in the same "theories" (for lack of a better word). Even the ones that stand up at the pulpit and openly state that their "brother" religion is doomed to an Afterlife in the fiery pits, have common bonds with that same religion.
But, what are we going to do? <Shrug> it is human NATURE to be "the best" at everything, and unfortunately that DOES NOT stop at our forms of Worship. Neither does it SEEM to slow down when faced with obstacles so large, that nothing SHORT of a Biblical Miracle (Meaning, the mass witnessed miracles as the ones recorded in the Holy Bible) would help to show the err of the Free Willer.

I am anxious to explain what MY personal thoughts on The Great Spirit are. The only reason being, is that I am afraid it may turn into quite a religious discussion, and OBVIOUSLY not one that AmberMoonPriestess would wish to adorn her page.
So, if you do not mind, I will write down my thoughts, if it grows to be a bit more than cursory, then we can move the discussion to one of my own pages. THAT way, the comfort of ALL on this site can be met. Would that be alright with you, WolfReal?
I guess it is important to FIRST note that very FEW Native Americans really DO use the name of The Great Spirit. It is an all inclusive name given in the event that you might be in a large gathering of peoples that do not share the same worship name that YOU do with your Creator. Meaning, you MAY be in a conference with Eskimo's, Polynesians, and American Indians. ALL Indians, NOT all call their Creator... God.
Within the Holy Bible there are numerous different names GIVEN, and used, to mean The Father. That is the same with ALL the bands. Too many to name all, and SOME would take offense to THEIR Creator's title (same "Being", just a different "name") not being used.
I believe The Great Spirit to BE the Almighty Creator of ALL. I believe Him to BE a kind, and loving persuader of Truths. I believe Him to be IN every living thing (this is where Life Paths "diverge in the wood" as I believe that a ROCK has a Spirit, and that Spirit MAKES it a "living thing"). What makes it difficult is that I could sit and write page on page of what I believe The Great Spirit to be, and it STILL would not be representative of ALL that He IS.
In short: "What is it?" The Great Spirit is The Creator of all things.
"Where is it's place in all things?" IN all things.
Thank you.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
whitebuffalo

Found out a bit more I can share, apparently chris cheated/lied about his journey to become a Shaman and his dad helped him.

Theres also somethign to do with bad checks and bad money, I only overheard this part being discussed so don't know exactly what's meant by bad.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
May the Great Spirit's Blessings Always Be With You O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi -

I don't pretend to understand this laguage. Just found this online.

What does this mean - O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi

As I said in a previous post I believe most religions at their foundations all attempt to say the same thing. For native Americans - please explain the great spirt. What is it and where is its place in things?

Thanks for the info by the way.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
And YOU also, Surya.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the correctly written language. Thank you, and Honor to you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Eladigedasdi'sgili Yigaquu osaniyu adanvto adadoligi nigohilvi nasquv utloyasdi nihi
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
No, WolfReal, you are right.
It is extremely hard to follow the paths laid by these words and hopes. I believe the hardest one for MOST to follow is number five.
"Give assistance and kindness wherever needed". THAT includes EVERYTHING from carefully sidestepping a wayward Caterpillar to answering a question that WE feel is asked in dishonor. It is not OUR right to determine if someone is attempting to be rude or pious. It IS our right to ASSIST in whatever manner possible. If it is in jest, <shrug> ah, well, nothing "lost". I TRIED to be true to myself and others. If it be in dishonor, <shrug> Karma does not only exist in OTHER ways of life. It is not MY right to bestow the "curse" of karma on Anyone.
My FAVORITE (and one I quote in a variety of area's of my personal life-ESPECIALLY when I "screw up" is number ten. Take responsibility for your own actions. Good or Bad, what difference does it REALLY make? If you screw up, Eh, we ARE only human... NO ONE is perfect. LOTS of people are quick to accept when something GOOD happens because of something they did, though.
Anyway. Thank YOU for your interest, as well.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Safe Journey, AmberMoonPriestess.
May the Light fill your darkest paths, and may your feet only follow the Truth. May your journeys be an adventure that only The Great Spirit can quench and may the Winds of Chance bring you home. In honor.
Duyu, nvwadohiyada
(Truth, and Peace)
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
whitebuffalo - that is good news. I would not have thought it to be that old. As humans we should be doing this should be living by these words without hesitation. However in order to survive on this earth it can not always be possible to live by such ideals all the time. Still I think those words are a great truth and believe I have seen the mirrored (though obviously changed) in other sayings and statements". I am suprised I have not seen this before. I think all the world would do well to be reminded of the exact words whenever possible.
You have been of great help. Thank you whitebffalo.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
WolfReal,
I have received something that I think you may be interested in...
According to Dawn Davies:

" 'The Ten Red Indians Commandments' "
(Belongs to the following groups: Gaia - The Living Planet and Spirit of the Native American)

" 'Treat the earth and all that dwell thereon with respect,
Remain close to the great spirit,
Show great respect for you fellow beings,
Work together for the benefit of all mankind,
Give assistance and kindness wherever needed,
Do what you know is right,
Look after the wellbeing of mind and body,
Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good,
Be truthful and honest at all times,
Take full responsibility for your actions.'

The famous Red Indian chiefs were as follows:-

Sitting Bull- Hunkpapa Sioux leader
Geronimo- Apache Chief
Rain on The Face- Hunkpapa Sioux
Two Moons- Cheyenne Chief
Chief Joseph
Red Cloud
High Horse- Sioux Chief

These words were written sometime in the 1800's.

These words were found on an old picture belonging to my husband, these Red Indian Chiefs did not care what Race or what beliefs were held by anyone, they showed respect for all mankind and the planet which they all occupied.

What a lovely view of this world they had.

To be honest, as humans, should we not being doing this anyway? We all breathe the same air into our lungs, and we should all cherish this earth and all it's resources, all it's humans and all creatures, and makes sure it remains for all who follow after us.

I thank you for your interest. You are now, and always at our Rising Suns."

ALL other accounts MERELY state that the Commandments are Pre-Columbian. More than likely due to the lack of written word before the 1800's. MOST of our Wisdom Phrases have been passed on from generation to generation via word of MOUTH, so to give an exact date is virtually impossible.

Thank you.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
whitebuffalo

I have had some training/teaching but have not been through any of the ceremonies that would be required to become one, I don't feel as if I am ready for them and don't know if I ever will be.

Keep looking there are some things going on right now that I can't go into detail on a public chat, some things with some stuff my brother and his father have done that are outside the law.

I do not know exactly what is going on but I typing this as I pack to leave for an emergency family/tribal meeting in montana.

I will let you know as thigns develop if I can.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
whitebuffoalo - thank you for the information. Can you tell me when they were first adopted \ followed by an India tribe or anyone then? How old are these?
Thanks again
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Hello WolfReal,
The Native American tribal council of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is making plans to mount a copy of the Ten Commandments in the council house where government meetings are held, and possibly display them throughout other public buildings in Cherokee.
The Ten Indian Commandments are a set of ethical instructions PURPORTING to be the Native American equivalent of the biblical Ten Commandments.
It is not clear whether the commandments were created by a Native American author, but they DO NOT constitute any official pan-Indian doctrine.
They feel this creates a false image of Indians as spiritually enlightened people.
In other words, just as in EVERY religion, it is all in the Free Will of the human Soul...
ALL were Created in the Creators image, we are but to keep the Sacred things...
Sacred.
Thank you.

😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
You know, WolfReal? I have no idea.
I will be more than happy to look into it for you. I guess I just never thought of how long they had been around (there ARE several "versions" too).
If you can give me a bit, I will post it for you. 😉
I am BURIED under a bit of research here right now...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
OK, I will give you that perhaps there was no listing of a brother in the census (a bit unorthodox, but, OK...) But I just spent the afternoon checking the Shaman's Listings for America, and just as I thought from MONTHS ago (I HAVE been looking for some time) there is NO listing for within North America. Not on the link previously stated, why would it not be in the United States Indian Census? Ancestry.com?
NEITHER one of THOSE support a Shaman IN North America.

Hmm.
Do I NEED to look elsewhere for a Native Mentor?
Please just lay it on the line, this is NO TIME to screw with the future of a Strong Soul. DO I need to KEEP looking?
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Whitebuffalo
Please tell me about your ten commandments. HOw old are they?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
"...he won't be there and neither will I..."

I missed this last time.
Are YOU a Shaman, AmberMoonPriestess?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
The Ten Native American Commandments

1. Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.
2. Remain close to the Great Spirit, in all that you do.
3. Show great respect for your fellow beings.
(Especially Respect yourself)
4. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind.
5. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
6. Do what you know to be right.
(But be careful not to fall into self-righteousness)
7. Look after the well being of mind and body.
8. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
9. Be truthful and honest at all times.
(Especially be truthful and honest with your self)
10. Take full responsibility for your actions
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
whitebuffalo

I will gladly pass on your email to my brother. I believ he is in colorado right now but am not sure. I never know exactly where he is at times.

As for why you didn't find him if you looked on the geneaology list on the website you listed he won't be there and neither will I but my grandparents and great grandparents are the most recent date I saw on the list was 1927.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
AmberMoonPriestess,
I warned you that you got me thinking and researching! I found some interesting tidbits (I also mentioned to you that we were searching FOR a Shaman, as for my son's Christening. We have, as of yet, found a noted one, so I went in search again, on YOUR word that you have a Blood Brother who IS a Aamsskáápipikani, South Peigan Shaman. With you living in UTAH, it would be smarter for us to travel through the STATES, than it would to obtain a passport for all, etc...)
Siksika Nation is located one hour's drive east of the city of Calgary, and three kilometers south of the Trans Canada Highway #1. The Siksika Nation is 42, 000 strong, but that INCLUDES both North and South Bloods ((Kainai).
I got a bit confused, however, as according to the Official Website of the Siksika Blackfoot tribe, http://blackfeet.aaanativearts.com/siksika_blackfeet.htm, it CLEARLY states: "siksika blackfoot tribe: The Siksika (which means "Black Foot"), are a division of the blackfoot tribe in Alberta, Canada. The three Nitsitapii Tribes are the Blackfoot in Canada or Blackfeet in U.S. (Siksika), the Kainai (Blood), and the Pikuni (Peigan). The confusion is, YOU have sited your brothers affiliation with THREE of those tribes in his association. See why I am confused?
Approximately 1,900 Siksika are enrolled in the Blackfeet Nation located at Browning, Montana. The Siksika are a part of the Blackfoot Confederacy which also consists of the Piikani and Kainaiwa of southern Alberta and the Blackfeet in the State of Montana. (42,000 IN ALL! That is a COMBINED number) In that the numbers were dwindling, MUCH of their teachings became unified in around the 1870's. ALL persons born to the rites were afforded LIKE teachings, so that the Ways would not die. ALL persons received the First Lessons at the same ages, and it did not matter their sex, or station.
In 1858 the Piegan in the United States were estimated to number 3,700. Three years later, the population was estimated at 2,520. In 1906 there were 2,072 under the Blackfeet agency in Montana, and 493 under the Piegan agency in Alberta, Canada.
As you WELL know, being a member of the clan, as well as tribe (you have a blood brother, that MAKES you one of the clan) ALL members carrying a certain weight need be registered.
When they register, they "claim" their Station in Life. (this is for the census, folks. There is no "real" way to keep accurate counts of legitimate ancestral Natives but to have "roll call".)
I can not find ONE registered Shaman.
Can you tell me how to come in contact with HIM, or his mentor in order to come in contact with the correct persons needed for my son's training?
I am getting frustrated, as with the numbers of said clan and tribe being so LOW, it SHOULD be very easy to locate a Shaman in Utah whose "line" comes through Brownings, Montana and originated in Canada.
You MAY give him my e-mail. It is IMPERATIVE (ask your Brother, he will TELL YOU of the importance...) that I get in contact with one before the onset of my sons sixth summer.
My son has already turned five.
The term usher does not refer to The Leaders. The Leaders, (aka The Guides), are those that are the traveling companions to those who go before. A Healer is one who mends. He or she fixes the physical, mental, social... These are basic terms. They can not be interchanged.

Thank you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: