You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Orbs Or Dust?

Real Ghost Stories

Orbs Or Dust?

 

I haven't experienced anything for so long so why now? Or did I just become ignorant of it and once again became aware?

It started this afternoon when my dad had rented a movie about ghosts. I didn't want to watch it, because it was based on some journal. True or false not entirely sure, but I didn't watch it.

I went back into my room and turned on my music and started dancing. I glanced at my camera and a sudden thought crossed my mind about the show "ghost whisperer" and how on one episode they took photos in a dark room. So I left my CD player on, picked up my camera and walked over to the light, took a deep breath and turned the light off and clicked my camera, two flashes and the picture was taken. I turned the light back on and looked at the photograph there was orbs or dust everywhere.

Orbs Or Dust? 1

Orbs Or Dust? 2

I saved the picture onto my laptop and still have it on my camera. I ran through all excited at first to my brother to show him, he didn't believe me so I got him to come back with me, then I took a few more pictures with him in them this time, and the orbs or dust were there again, just not as many.

As I took the picture I spoke out by saying "if there's any ghosts and you want your photo taken jump in now!" because I was so excited I might have caught them on camera. There were a few different ones. Three of them were a white fading on the end as if they were moving, and the rest were see through plasmic looking things. So I'm not sure if it's anything.

If I knew where I could post the picture I will, and maybe somebody can tell me if its orbs or just dust.

Other hauntings by JessicaC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessicaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I believe they are O.R.B.S. (the word isn't intials for anything. Read it without the periods) I have some in my home too, and it isn't dust. Why would my house be dusty when it's occupied? Only things/homes that aren't touched/used will become dusty. Like your t.v. That's pretty dusty I'm sure 😁
JessicaC (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
faerielike, I took 4 pictures before going to get my brother, 3 pictures had the shadow in them not the forth but when I got my brother the shadow isn't there, I never really noticest the shadow. I was to preoccupied with the orbs or dust...
I am a leo 😊 and thankyou!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
The orbs hold little interest to me as they very likely could be dust. But what does captivate my attention is you said you turned the light off and took the pictures, correct? If so, you should not have gotten the shadow that moves from the left, near bottom side of the picture towards the middle and top!
And out of curiosity, are you a Leo? I like that poster on the wall. 😊
Let us know about what the shadow could be if you have any idea! Thanks! 😁
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
JessicaC, I read your post again and I see that you took the pictures with a digital camera. If I were you, if I had more pictures which turned out that way, I would have my camera checked out by someone who knows all about cameras. They just don't look right. Good Luck, TammyMom
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
JessicaC, Did you take the pictures with a digital camera and then download them to your computer, or did you take them with a regular camera, have them developed, and then scan them into your computer? I know that whenever I scan pictures into my computer they always have white spots of varying sizes and shapes on them, no matter how many times I clean my scanning screen. The spots look just like the ones on your pictures, except they're usually not that big. Every time I clean the scanning screen the spots move around, or get smaller or larger. It is dust particles. Also, on pictures that are old, or bent, or worn from being carried around in a wallet, spots show up in those places during a scan. I hope you let us know about this. Thanks, TammyMom
AngelGirl24 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Orbs are hard to tell form dust or other things, and there are people out there that study these kind of pics for a living. If I knew a website or something of the sort I would give it to you, but I have no such luck. Sorry.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
girly orbs in short doesn't exist people say they saw but that is belief only girly any way be careful and don't roam outside
May god bless you
Scary boy
Freakedout1993 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Hey, my friend has the same in her pics at home to, there's atleast three in every pic she took.
I think its kool to have stuff like that in your house!

Any idea what the movie was called?
Ive watched one about a house and group of people stayed there and they wore glasses to help the see the ghosts, it was freakyy but I loved it (it was called thirteen ghosts)
😁
katgram1013 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I don't know if it happens with all orbs, but I caught some in photos I took in an old jail in Charleston, SC one time, and when we zoomed in on them, they all had images of a cross in the middle of them.
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
It's hard to say really. There is a huge debate on weather orbs are spirits or if they are nothing more than a dirty camera lens, dust particles, bugs, rain drops, moisture, etc.

For me, personally, since it's so easy to mimic, I tend to ignore images of orbs.

If I were you, I'd try taking the pictures again, after doing a thorough dusting (once done, remain motionless for a while to make sure any dust that has been stirred up settles), check your camera lens to make sure it's not dirty. Since it's indoors, I can safely not worry about moisture/rain/snow or bugs flying around.

I have to admit though, that the orbs are indeed beautiful to look at.

I wish you luck & please let us know how it turned out!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: