You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unwanted Guests

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Guests

 

Before our family friends knocked down their garage to build a cottage for my mum, sister and I to move into, their two kids (my age) told me about the planks of wood on the ground containing the body of a murdered woman. Now, being 8, I was terrified but soon forgot all about it.

After a year, we moved into the cottage, my sister and I shared a bedroom whilst my mum was down the hall. On my first night, I laid awake not being able to sleep for I felt someone watching me, I turned over to look out into the hall where I saw a black image of what I think was a woman. I pulled the blankets up over my head and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

The next day me and our friends youngest son decided to explore under the house, all was fine until I stumbled across something all to familiar... Planks of wood directly under where I saw that figure the night before. I remember running quickly running out from under the house stumbling over my own feet and running into my mother's room.

Every night I lived in that house, I would see that very same figure staring at me. After about 3 years, things started to get really weird. One night, while my mum and sister were next door, I decided to stay home alone and watch TV. A storm started and I heard footsteps coming up the stairs to the front door (a glass ranch slider), then a flash of lightning revealed there was nobody there at all, terrified, I ran next door. After that night, things continued to get weird and I started to hate living there.

When I was 14, my mum decided to find a house with her long term boyfriend and I was rapt to be moving, and then things started to get really scary... After a sleep over with a couple of friends, I returned home to find my room completely trashed and things thrown everywhere. I confronted my little sister (11 years old), thinking she had done it, but nobody had been home all day. After that night, things would move in the night and our appliances started going crazy all night.

When we finally moved, I had never been happier, I now have my own room but sleep downstairs on my own which can be scary and if the house creeks. I still dive directly under my blankets, but so far I have not experienced anymore paranormal activity... But hey, I'm only 14.

Some people may choose to believe this story others may not... But I know what I experienced and since then have been a firm believer in the supernatural world.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Savannah, dispite the fear of what you felt and saw, the thing to remember is to remain strong, Kia Kaha.

I see that you are in New Zealand, and as such, no matter your own spiritual beleifs, I say respect the law of the land in these matters, and I know something of New Zealand, so always remember never discuss Spirits at night, and when you see one, speak to it, tell it in a strong but polite manner to leave you alone. Most will obey
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-16)
You are frickin brave to climb around under a house. I am way to much of a chicken to do that even if I hadn't been told a scary story before 😳
Savannah (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
Thanks Victoria will try if I ever come across any paranormal spirits again I think at the time I went for the whole if I can't see it, It can't see me routine
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
Hi Savannah: You need to put your faith in God, not your blanket. That blanket won't protect you from any evil presence any better than a baseball bat will. You need to pray and ask God to protect you. If ever you find yourself confronted again by something of evil nature you need to Rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ and tell it to leave you alone. When you arm yourself with God's protection, you are safe. You're never too young or too old to ask God for his guidance and protection. It's free and readily available for those that ask for it... Blessings to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: