You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Or Dream?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Or Dream?

 

With this being my first story, I will provide a little background information my house. My house was built around 80 years ago by my great aunt and great uncle who also died in the house. Another couple (who were friends of the family) owned the house before we did and moved down to Florida about 14 years ago which is when we moved in.

Things were pretty normal for the first couple years as far as the paranormal although at times during the first 2 years we could smell my aunts hand cream in a specific spot in the house (I later found out that was the spot she died) but other than that nothing major. It wasn't until we lived in the house for about 5 years that I started to notice footsteps in my room at night and seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye.

One night after Christmas something happened, I distinctly remember because I have a remote controlled army tank. This one night, I got up to go to the bathroom; I heard my tank making a noise in the basement and saw the lights on it flashing so I assumed it was my brother. The next morning I confronted him about it and he said that he thought I was the one playing with it because he heard it too. Another instance I can remember is one morning my mom had been drinking from a water bottle and forgot to put it back in the fridge before she went to work. When she got home, the water bottle was sitting in the same spot where she had left it, except it was cold, like it had just been taken out of the fridge, and nobody had been home before her.

Then came the dream as referred to in the title. First off I always keep my water bottle next to my bed except that night I forgot. I know it's my water bottle because it has my name on it marked in tape (I was sick the week before) So this night when I was asleep, I had a dream that I woke up and went into the kitchen and got my water bottle. On the way back to my room, I saw a lady in white float across the hallway and into the wall right in front of me. I then proceeded to my room, set my water bottle on my nightstand, and went back to sleep, mind you this is all in my dream. The next morning when I woke up, I reached for my water bottle and almost yelled because it was so cold. I then remembered my mom's story of her water bottle and then I remembered my dream. I asked my mom and everyone else if they put my water bottle in my room and they all said they hadn't, so, did I see a ghost, or was it just my dream?

Also, nothing paranormal has happened since that night I had my dream.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buckeye, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
wow...nice thanks for sharing your story with us... And mind I ask does your aunt (or your whole family) like drinking cold water?
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Well, I couldn't tell you what it was, but I'm willing to bet it was a ghost 😉 I don't think your in any danger, as you didn't mention anything particularly bad happening. If anything else has happened/happens, let us know!
-TRG
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Wow...thts was creepy!

Since you have stayed in that house for so long, I guess you have nothing to worry. However you may want to determine if its your aunt or not that still shows herself once in a while.

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: