You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Breathing In The Room My Grand-grandma Died

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Breathing In The Room My Grand-grandma Died

 

In winter, when I visited my grandma's I had a really unexplainable experience occurring at nights. I live in Croatia, and my grandma is in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

My grandparents have a house that is connected to another one, which was where my grandpa's sister and her family lived. But since they don't live there anymore, that house is always empty and my grandparents now use it for when our relatives come to sleep over which includes me of course.

So I was sleeping there all alone in a small bedroom, where my grand-grandma died of her old age. She also always slept in that room when she was alive. I really didn't mind it at all. I liked to sleep there since the bed was unusually comfortable, even though it actually wasn't a bed but an old couch that could be taken out to make a small bed. I don't know how, but I would always be able to fall asleep even if I was not tired. It felt like I was in heaven.

One night while trying to fall asleep, I could hear silent yet clear breathing in the room. I wasn't that scared at first I thought it maybe the wind or something. But when I stopped my own breathing and focused on the weird noise in the room, I could hear it even clearer and a bit louder. I was starting to get really nervous, I thought it was all in my head, but since I was so scared I got up and turned the light on. It didn't stop. I could still hear it.

I was uncertain where the breathing coming from. I left the room and decided to stay in the living room and listen to music to let myself calm down and I hoped that it would stop when I come back. I couldn't hear anything in the living room. Then at 3 AM my sister came from the city, and I told her about the noise she decided to sleep with me (even though the bed was small, 2 persons could fit in it). After a few seconds, she told me she could hear something scratching in the room. I just think that she went a bit paranoid at that point (even if she's 4 years older than me), as I didn't hear anything.

However, my sister got so annoyed that she literally left the room and went to grandma's house to sleep. I went with her, of course, since I hadn't had intentions to sleep there after all. However, the next night, I was also alone in that room trying to fall asleep and I could hear it again. But I ignored it and fell asleep.

The funny thing is, whenever someone was in the room at night with me, I couldn't hear anything. I told my brother to visit at night soon after I went to bed so he could hear it too, but when he came there was just silence. About 5 minutes after he left it started again. I was so freaked out. I know it doesn't sound like big deal, but I could hear it clearly, it was breathing, not my own because I didn't even move a muscle and held my breath while being so concentrated. I became annoyed that I even shouted "Stop it, now!" Yet, still, I could hear the sharp breathing cut through the small room.

The whole week I was trying to figure out what it was. I usually never believe stuff like this. But I couldn't find anything that could explain the breathing. I still don't know what it could be. There's simply no logical explanation.

What do you think it could be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chiharo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-30)
It could also be a residual haunting, which sometimes occurs when a particular activity takes place over & over again, and somehow imprints itself in time, to be replayed again and again like a tape recorder. I experienced a residual haunting as a child. Every night, I would hear dishes being washed in the kitchen when no one was there. The good news, is that they aren't harmless at all. In fact, "they" don't even realize you're there. Because (in my opinion) it's not really a "ghost" but a scientific phenomena. Of course, I could be totally wrong. I'm just saying, this MIGHT be what's happening in your situation. Try playing music or leaving a tv on when you sleep. Maybe it would either drown out the breathing sound, or change the atmosphere enough to prevent it all together. (Or do what I'd do, and not sleep in there at all!) 😉
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
One last thing don't be scared.If it hasn't bothered you by now. I doubt it will. Its probably someone reliving their last moments of life. If it scares you that bad tell it to leave in the name of Jesus and be firm about it. There is power in the name of Jesus
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
The house my aunt and uncle live in now, has that kind of occurrence in it.
The house that this takes place in. Is the house my mother grew up in. My grandpa died in that house. He died breathing hard and almost if not gasping for air. Of course the house has been built onto now. The back part of the living room and closet.Use to be my grandpa's bedroom, where he died. The heavy breathing is only heard in the back of the living room and by the closet. Where grandpa died.
Perhaps someone has passed in that part of your grandparent's house.
Chiharo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
Really, Marg?

Wow, I totally forgot to mention that the room was also very cold in summer! But still I didn't pay much attention since the summer nights there are pretty cool. But who knows...

I still sleep there when we come on vacation though. But I'm really scared and sometimes it's really frustrating being in that room. I don't know why but I feel like I just want to get out of it. I think I'll try to sleep in the next room instead of this one...
Marg (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
Hi,Chiharo
My parents once lived in a old house where they heard breathing like that.There was one bedroom that stayed very cold all the time and in the summer time when it was 100 degrees outside that room would still stay cold.They moved out and moved into a new home.😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: