You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Baby Daughter Plays With Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My Baby Daughter Plays With Ghosts

 

My daughter has always seemed extremely smart for her age, and is most definitely advanced. She began saying words at 4 months, starting with the simple word, mama, of course. Soon after that, "Hi!" or "Hey!" is her new favorite thing to say.

My daughter is a very grouchy morning person, the type that has to be coddled as soon as she wakes up. However, a few months ago while at a friend's house, she woke up and said "Hey!" and happily played in her bed. A while later I went to grab her, but snuck up on her to see what she was doing to keep herself so content and occupied...

She loves to hand us things when she wakes up, blankets, her dolly, anything really. Well when I snuck up on her, she was saying "hi!" and offering a toy to NO ONE. No one that I could see for that matter. I went back and told my friend of this, and he told me he sees people all the time. It kind of surprised me because I never felt anything in that house... But a little later that day, I looked out his window, and see a graveyard. It makes a lot more since now!

The other day I was walking past the door of a room and in the corner RIGHT next to me was a man standing. I didn't get a good look at him, but he wasn't standing and he was dark and I think he was wearing a hat. I didn't want to give him a second look; I'm not comfortable with ghosts anymore for some reason.

For me, this concreted my feelings that she sees and talks to ghosts. As well as this experience, she has looked at my late grandfather's picture, pointed and gabbed away. She has also pointed and gabbed, looked at me smiling in a way as if she is saying "see mommy!" and I just got the feeling that some family member that had passed was meeting her for the first time!

I am very interested to see where my daughter goes with this. My mom is very concerned with my daughter, however. She feels as though a ghost may harm her because they want her to stay with them forever. She has put a bit of fear in me now!

Should I be scared for her?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, arnmama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

IceBox (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
im only 14, but I can explain what your daughter might be going through. I remember a lot of things from my childhood, including the ghosts I talked to. ESPECIALLY this man at my old house, who would always stand in the corner. I never got a name. But he liked to play with my millennium barbie. He even changed her dress once. (now looking back, I find that extremely perverted HA HA) but he was a nice man. He smelled like cigarettes. I was 5, and we had to move one day. I asked him if he was moving with us. He shook his head no, and said, "im sorry Stephanie, but I'm waiting for Evelina to come home. Promise you can come visit me one day when your older OK?" I pinky promised him. He vanished, and I haven't seen him since. I don't tell my parents, because I remember a conversation I overheard, of them worrying over me and my "talking to myself" I got really mad because I knew I wasn't talking to myself. But the man just patted my head and told me it was fine and that he didn't mind being my "imaginary friend" as my parents called him. But I know it wasn't imaginary because of the things he did, like give me cookies from the cookie jar, way up in "mommies secret spot" I called it. He even put me up there on time, while I was playing hide-and-go-seek with my dad.
Anyways, like I was saying, you don't need to worry if your daughter has a good time with this "imaginary friend" or whatever it may be. But when shes older, don't be saying that he/she is not real, or saying that its not possible she sees things you dont. It made ME very mad 😕 and most important of all, treat her like a NORMAL child. Don't make everything she senses that you don't a big deal, because it will annoy her to no end. Just be like, "you smell something funny? What is it? Has it been a while since you started to smell it?" NOT, " OK honey, now I want you to tell me what it is. Tell me and I will give you a lollipop. OK, when did you first smell it? Are you sure?" you see the difference? This will make her feel like YOU depend on HER when its supposed to be the other way around. If not, it will make her feel like shes in control, and she will become a controlling baby. Not good haha. Hope this helps:) 😉
MAPO (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
i have a 11 month old little girl and she use to be a crabby person in the mornings or if you put her in her crib and she woke up alone. But when my great grandma passed (3 months ago) she just started talking to herself. And she does things that only my nan would do. Like sticking her toung out of the corner of her mouth. (no one else does that because I wanted to teach her not to) and nan never got to meet her first great great grand kid. I think she plays with her
scaredtodeathchina (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
thats an amazing experiance. My little sister is always talking to noone, well it looks like no one but when I asked her who she was talking to. She said "timmy" and my whole family does not know any timmys and we looked at the house history and it said that a little boy about 12 years old dies there.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
i wouldn't be scared at all... I used to talk to ghosts when I was baby... Quite a few actuakky and I'm now 18 and I'm still here
The one thing I would say though is support her all the time and if when shes older she tells you about the things she sees LISTEN.
My mum has has my going to all kinds of docters and people that can "help"
Just support her... Itll make her feel so much better about her gift!
Trust me... Coming from a person that has had no support whatsoever!
I love this story!
xXelliemayXx ❤
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Sorry if I'm just saying things that people have already said because I don't always read some posts, but...

Your daughter is just seeing someone, who seems to be pretty friendly. BUT, you do need to watch her and her actions toward this new person who had been interacting with her, if you suspect anything violent, you need to take care of it a.s.a.p. To avoid any risk to your family. I read a story on here called "Matthew-my son's friend" that creeped me out. I just don't want anything to happen to you or your baby girl like in that story.

Just see what happens, your little girl might just have a friend, or a visiting family member. Good luck to you! ❤
taylorchelsea (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
You shouldnt be scared if its a friendly ghost, of course, because young children and babies DO see ghosts and talk to them, I know because I have a little baby cousin Jarq, and once he was sitting on the chair, talking to the wall? It was very odd, but nothing to be scared about, obviously your daughter can see ghost, as most babies can.

Dont Worry, it may still happen when she is a young child and not a baby but its not a worry situation.
Heigne (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I don't think you should be scared, your daughter just found a playmate. ^^
Ghosts don't usually harm people, and they can't take your daughter away.
My mom told me that when she was young she used to play with two older girls that were in her bedroom, but my mother had only one sister, who was college age and wasn't usually home, and when she told me it was pretty obvious that they were ghosts (but she denies all paranormal existence X-X)
sugarbabypie123 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I wouldn't be too worried at this point. I think that it might just be an imaginary friend, and not a ghost. I used to have an imaginary friend, and she sure wasn't a ghost. If he or she is a ghost though, you might want to be careful. Keep a close eye on her and watch what happens when she's playing with it. If something unexplainable happens then its worrying time. Ghosts can be dangerous, and sometimes not be ghosts at all. Keep watching.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
All good advice bellow, I believe children are protected usually by a family spirit. The fact that she is not frighten makes it easier for her to communicate. My life was saved when I was seven years old,I've got no doubt that was my grandfather who was watching over me.
Thank you for your story.

Aussiedaz.
mileyfan (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
Look arnmama. Just don't panic. It sometimes happens to kids. You know I read in a book that ghosts like to play with baby's. I know your daughter will be fine. Just have faith in god
morgansarmy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I agree with the other posts. I myself had an imaginary friend when I was little. Today, I don't remember him anymore. But my mom said that I would act pretty much the same way your daughter does. I was always walking around with my hand at my side like he was holding my hand. And wherever we went, he was there. And whenever I got a candy, I always offered it to him. I agree with hmward09, I also believe that imaginary friends are ghosts. When we are younger, we aren't as scared to make contact with someone from another dimension. I don't think you should worry too much. But yeah, just keep a look out. If shes happy, and smiling with it, it's probably fine. Baby's don't seem like they understand a lot, but they know if theyre in danger, or if they don't like something/someone. Just watch her. If she starts looking like shes in pain, or if you see scratches, or bruises on her, than you can worry more. But for now, I say, let her have fun with her new friend.
Hope we eased your worry a little bit!
❤ Ana
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Many people say that children see things that we cannot, because they have not yet learnt what is 'real' and what isn't.
Don't be too alarmed, because from what you have said, she isn't scared at all.
Just keep an eye on her when she is talking to "no one" and see what happens.
Goodluck

C
hmward09 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Personally I think that the imaginary friends of all children are ghosts. That is why once they grow up they don't have imaginary friends anymore because they are not open to the idea of ghosts and spirits. She should be ok with just talking and playing but if there ever comes the time that she has unexplainable bruises, scratches, or markings on her. Then that may be reason to worry. Just watch her and see how she interacts. Start having her play with other kids her age and maybe she will stop seeing the ghosts.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
I would be scared just be concerned just pay attention and if it seems shes getting scared or very wierd stuff starts to happen then be protective but otherwise if shes happy and acting fine it ok

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: