You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Harry The Old Ladies Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Harry The Old Ladies Visitor

 

Let me tell you a little bit about my self I'm a 30 year old male and I am still very skeptical about ghost/hauntings etc, but can not explain something that happened 4-6 years ago when I was working as a care assistant in a home in Yorkshire.

I worked the night shift for 2 years and didn't feel at all uneasy. One evening when I was doing my checks the female in room 14 pressed her assistance buzzer and I went to assist her, as I opened the door the lady asked who it was and I spoke as I entered to reassure the lady that everything was ok, as I entered I looked at the lady and she was sat on the bed pointing at the corner of the room. "Get him out" the lady said gesturing towards her draws, "who" I asked, "that man in the corner" she said pointing a finger and looking straight to the corner. There was no one there and after sitting and chatting with the lady we both agreed it may have been nothing other than a dream.

I went to the office and checked the lady's file. She was showing the early signs of dementia, and this led me to think very little of the story of the man in the corner and put it down to her illness.

This continued for a while, not every night but maybe 3-4 times a month until the lady was admitted to hospital where she passed away peacefully.

It wasn't long before we got another lady who came to stay in the home and was allocated room 14. She was a remarkable woman of 92 with all her faculties in tact and no sign of dementia, however it wasn't long before she pressed the assistance buzzer and I went to assist her. As I entered the room the lady seemed distressed and was pointing to the corner, "get him out" she cried as I walked into the room I spun round looking for the person that had scared her and couldn't see any body "quick, he's going to hit you" the lady shouted as I walked towards her bed to try and calm her down. The lady would not settle in her room for the rest of the night and she came and sat with me and my colleague in the lounge.

As the morning shift came on we had to hand over the reports from the previous night, I was handing over to an old matron who had worked there for many years and as I came to the incident she smiled and said "oh I bet its harry" I looked puzzled and she explained "he was in that room and had to be moved on following a nasty assault on a member of night staff", he died 2 weeks after his move.

A shiver ran up my spine as I thought about "some one trying to hit me", and never felt the same when ever I was called to room 14.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bobbin1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Prisya (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
There must be a lot of stories behind before Harry died,
He might be waiting for some answers..., you know like he still has a lot of questions in mind..., like some problems that he had encountered while he was alive,
Or maybe just like what other says "a spirit of a person stays on earth in 45 days before they go to heaven or hell" and one more thing "spirit doesn't know that they are dead at the first 4 weeks" 😐
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Obviously there have been more stories going around about him for the old matron to have known exactly what was going on, very frightning indeed.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Great story,I'm sure both of these lady's in their time, would have been able to tell a ghost story or two, as they both could see what you couldn't, thanks for sharing mate.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Excellent Story... Just what this site needed

Thank you for sharing
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
While I feel bad for anyone who has to stay in that room, having also worked often with the elderly in many different accommodations, I have to wonder what might have happened to "Harry" that he would consider violence against a staff member, and return from the other side? There might be more to his story than meets the eye and he needs to set things straight? Just my thoughts...I'm no expert!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
My goodness those poor women!
I have worked at a home before too, and I could not imagine, being stuck in their shoes, getting passed off as simply demented, when in actuality I am being terrified by a violent ghost! 😆
I wonder if it is still happening! Let us know if you can find out! 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Great Story! I got the chills wondering what those women were seeing in the corner of that room. 😨 I bet you almost hit the floor when you were told about Harry. I would have passed out cold. LOL 😊 Thank you for sharing this with us.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
bobbin: I bet Harry made you a little less skeptical! 😆...Were there any other sightings of him from other patients?...I do think that it was what is known as "residual", and you probably would not have suffered any harm... But it certainly would have made me uneasy to have to answer a call from that room!...There has been some speculation from posters on here that the elderly are more likely to see apparitions the closer they get to the gate...

Good story... Going in my favs 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
That is REALLY scary! Talk about some proof! Both women saw it, and the second saw "Harry" try to hit you. That would give me the heebiejeebies for sure!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: