You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paranormal Experience Of My Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Experience Of My Grandma

 

I am narrating a para-normal matter experienced by my maternal grandmother.

As a kid, I used to stay with my maternal grandparents during summer holidays because both my parents used to work. Even during the days when I used to go to school, I used to come to my maternal grandparents' home after the school hours. Like all grandparents, both of them had a fond liking for me, and I had similar reciprocal feelings for them.

We used to stay in Delhi, the capital of India. Delhi, as many would be aware, is a historical city which has seen a number of rulers over the past 2 centuries or more. Delhi also has a number of tombs which represent either the burial places or places where former rulers of the country or their employees in the medieval era used to live.

This particular incident happened when my grandparents were living in a place called VSNL colony near Greater Kailash (GK) Part 1. People who would be familiar with the geography of Delhi would know that a vast expanse of green used to stretch between Chirag Delhi and the VSNL colony at GK 1. The area is usually very calm and serene even during the daytime when the adjoining outer ring road is bustling with activity.

My grandmother narrates that during the afternoon when she used to be working in the kitchen, she would hear voices which would resemble armies of medieval era engaging into combat with each other. She said that the voices were clear and it sounded like soldiers engaging in one-to-one fights using daggers, swords, and other similar weapons used by armies of those days. The voices of people screaming because of getting wounded and/or killed in combat would be very clearly heard by her. She would hear these voices only during the day time and only at a particular time of the year, and not at others. Curiously, she did not hear those voices when they lived at other places in Delhi. They lived at VSNL colony for only about 2 years out of the their total stay of more than 30 years in Delhi (they continue to reside in Delhi still).

It makes me wonder how my grandmother's senses could pick up those voices when no one else at home heard them. And why did that happen to her only at specific times of the year, and specific time of the day? Why it did not happen when she lived at other places?

Weird, but true. And scary!

Other hauntings by amit1807

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amit1807, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nemo_1981 (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-17)
There was a bomb blast in Ganeshguri,Dispur,Assam, in 2008-09, in which many people were killed. After that incident, people living in the area and even people travelling through the area at night, started hearing voices asking for water or help. The locals arranged for a water tank, filled it with water and left it at the spot of the blast as offering for the souls of the dead. They continued the practice for years. I don't know whether they still do that now as I have not visited Gauhati recently.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
I'm just wondering if anybody has reported residual haunting in areas where there have been violent attacks on a large number of population. For instance, the bomb blast sites in Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, etc. I don't want to sound insensitive, but was just wondering if anybody has experienced anything.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Maybe that place where your grandmother was staying was the site of a violent and memorable battle or battles in the past...

Usually during such clashes, emotions run high and people met their ends in a very violent manner... This causes a phenomenon called residual haunting wherein nature recreates the incident again and again...

This phenomenon is experienced in many sites where bloody battles took place, but its influence weakens over time... For example initially people might see visions of soldiers fight furiously with one another...

After few years, they will no longer be able see anybody, but only hear voices... After few years the voices will fade out... Then nothing!
itsdan4u (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
hi,
It is not a haunting. "Haunting" is the activity which alters the reality. This one is merely a playback. Like a taperecorder. We all know that spirits or spiritual energies are rooted in the places. Now there is not much of a clarity about how one experiences it. There are two possibilities to it. One, that the activity constantly happens with variable interval, that is, the same day or the same time of the day etc. The other, its our sixth sense that wakes up in a subconscious manner to pick up these sounds/ sightings.
Here's the thing. If the past is replayed again without an change, its just an apparation. Whether as something that hasnt happened in the past is happening like getting slapped by a spirit or something then its a haunting or a ghostly activity.

I am new to the forum and I will be posting a lot of incidences soon.
Thanks,
Dinesh Pitre
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-20)
I agree with cosmogal and zzsgranny. It could be residual and the battle took place in the land where your grandparent's are located. But to be honest, if I would experience that, I would be freaked out and leave the place. LOL. Anyway, I like your story. 😉

amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-18)
Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts cosmogal and zzsgranny. It is entirely possible that a battle might have taken place where the house is built at which my grandma stayed. So what you guys say is eminently possible...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-09-17)
amit: I agree with cosmogal, this does sound like a residual haunting... A residual haunting is like a recording that plays over and over again, usually at the same time and under the same conditions as the original event...It's believed that the excessive energy or emotion that took place during this event made an imprint... Residuals are fascinating, as they differ so much from one another... Where one scene may play out on a nightly basis, another may need the exact time, date, weather conditions and moon phase to do so...

I think that's why your grandmother was only able to hear these things at a certain time of year, and why she didn't hear them after moving from that particular place... 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-09-17)
Hi amit1807, I enjoyed reading your story very much. In response to your questions regarding what your grandmother heard, I am going to give you my opinion only. I'm not stating this as fact. I believe your grandmother is a little sensitive to spirits and probably more open minded than anyone in the house which is why she was the only one to hear these sounds. I also believe that these sounds are residual, which could be the reason why she only heard them at a particular time of day and year. It will play itself out over and over again exactly when the battle took place. Perhaps the battle took place on the land where your grandparents house was, which is why she had not heard it again when she moved to another location. Yes, this is a very weird and scary occurrance, but also very interesting. Did you ever research the land to find out if a battle ever did take place there? You might be surprised with what you find out. Thank you for sharing this with us, and take care 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: