You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knuckle Sounding Knock

Real Ghost Stories

Knuckle Sounding Knock

 

I will describe a series of events that have occurred to me and my family over the past 3 years... None of this is fictional. Rest assured that being 36 years of age and having 2 kids, I don't go around talking about this kind of stuff to anyone. But this website has given me a forum in which to tell my brush with the paranormal without fear of ridicule.

We live in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. I've lived in the same home for 8 years now and only since we started having kids, "weird" things happen.

The house was built 1979. In 2007, my wife was 6-7 months pregnant with our first child. It was close to 6:00pm and I was making supper while talking to my wife was sitting 8 feet away from me when suddenly we both heard a knuckle sounding knock coming from one of the cupboard doors. This was the door that was closest to my head and it knocked 6 times, clear and evenly spaced. We both stopped talking. I waited a few moments and then went to the cupboard door and opened it. Looked around and saw nothing that was loose or could make the noise we just heard. I then thought maybe someone was at the door, so I opened both front and side doors, looked around the home and saw nothing. I then went back to the cupboard door and attempted to re-create the noise I heard. Only thing that imitated the sound was my knuckle hitting the door. My wife and I could not explain it. We both dismissed this event. 2 weeks after the first knocking incident it happened again. But this time it was around 5-6am. I was in the bathroom and someone knocked 6 times on the floor, under my feet. I felt the vibrations. Now we have a basement that has a motion sensor and the alarm was still on. I disabled it, ran downstairs and looked around... Again, I found nothing. This event spooked me as I felt like I was being targeted by whatever this thing is.

About 8 months ago, my wife saw a towel levitate in our bathroom. She described it as if someone was grabbing it and holding it tight towards the window on the left. It stayed like this for 3-4 seconds and went back to its normal position. This was very troubling as we see this as being an escalation as to whatever is going on.

Lately, we hear a lot of "weird" noises at night, lots of creaking and cracking. Sometimes we hear whispers and the wall has bang a few times. Also the closet door has banged using palm sounding knocks bang, bang.

We now have two kids and they both randomly wake up at night for no apparent reasons.

I got annoyed a few weeks ago and read some cleansing prayers I found on the internet. I then blessed my home using holy water left over from my daughter's baptismal and said "bless this house from any evil" in every corner of every room. I basically threatened whatever was there to get out. That same night, we heard an unusual amount of noises and the wall banged a few times in our bedroom. But afterwards, everything stopped. It seems to have worked. Everything has calmed down. I now sleep comfortably and so does the rest of my family. And there aren't as many noises at night. I'm hesitant about claiming victory as I've read these things can come back.

I know all of this sounds crazy... Especially to those that have never experienced anything "weird"... But all I can say is that there is something to all of this that we don't fully understand.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, krill123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

brendan_the_winger (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
rose in bloom I wouldn't meantion anything about loved ones on the other side unless you know the ghost first because you don't know what could of happened to that ghost while he was alive and by telling him there are loved ones waiting for him that might just make him angry but I agree with Miracles51031 as long as he hasn't hurt anyone or the events aren't getting worse just lay down some ground rules I'm sure who ever it is would understand and krill123 good luck with the ghost
krill123 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
Roseinbloom: No one has recently died in either of our families.

And thank you for all your comments. I appreciate your support.

My wife is the type that prefers to ignore it. She thinks that by doing this, it will go away.

I'm more the type that has always been slightly interrested in ghost stories and the paranormal. But never really put any credence to any of it. I see it in the same light as UFO abductions and such.
All that has changed now that I've experienced these events first hand. And honestly, it scarres the living "bleep" out of me and now I don't want anything to do with it.

I will definately post here if anything else concrete happens. Because we have had a few small events but they aren't clear cut... Like the other night, Me and my wife was watching TV after putting the kids to bed. I normally pick up all the toys and put them in a toy box close to the TV. One of the toys that was on top went bezerk playing various music as if someone was pushing the buttons. The buttons were facing upwards so nothing was touching them. I know it's not defnitive as it could be the batteries or a short or something. But it was enough for me and my wife to get spooked by it. Since this hapenned, my daughter has been using the toy for 2 days now and it's working fine.
Just small weird things... Enough to make you question your sanity.

Hopefully this will be the end to this story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
Banging, creaking and knocking noises that have a systematic nature about them, is the universal means of communication from the spiritual realm... Someone was trying to communicate with you? Who? You may never know... It is quite normal to fear the unknown and not wanting them there is quite with in your rights... It is your home, I think sites like this, will one day help ease the panic in nature of these types of experiences, cause if someone wanted to hurt you they wouldn't be knocking first... Thanks for sharing mate...

Daz.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
Krill, Miracles, makes a good point, in that I think this entity, was just trying to get attention. You also mention, that this pretty much started after your kids were born. Let me just ask you, has anyone close to you or your wife pasted away? It could be a close mother, aunt, uncle, grandparent, just trying to let you know that they still feel involved with your family. However, the towel in the bathroom thing, is kind of weird. I mean, the way it sounds, it seems like who ever it was, still thinks it's alive, as in residule hauntings. Also, who knows, maybe one of your kids, may have a special gift of the "sight", which has attracted an entity, to come into the picture. If this is the cause, please be sure to address it, and set ground rules, if it's to be around your family. After all, you are the head of the household and of your little family, so just tell it, to please leave and that you don't feel comfortable with it around your family. You may have to tell it to head for the "light",and that it's loved ones wait there for them. God Bless, and good luck. 😐 ❤
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
I'm glad that this has stoped in your house I had to do a cleansing in my house twice but usually once does the trick I think it was a different ghost anyways. What I'm trying to say is that I believe you and that your not the only one. I glad your familly is safe. ❤Kalli
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
Krill, while these incidents may certainly have been startling, I don't think there was any malice intended to you or your family. It wouldn't have taken long for you to have found that out if that had been the case.

It seems more of a "hey, I'm here" kind of thing. Lots of ghosts, spirits go for years without anyone noticing them and then when they finally get someone's attention, well... I know this may sound kind of stupid, but if you have a pet that you leave during the day and when you come home all they want to do is play and play and play. They have your attention and want to keep it.

Claiming ownership of your home was a good thing. I would be hesitant to piss the ghost off though. They have emotions too. But lay ground rules if you notice the activity increasing again. Just talk to it/them like you would a guest in your home. No banging on the walls, no scaring your kids. That kind of thing.

My best to you.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
I can relate to your living situation... As far as being the same age, married with two children, in the same house now for about 7 years all except the paranormal activity. I know the stress that comes with having a young family and can't imagine having to deal with something going on in the home, making you feel powerless, so to speak. Your wife is lucky to have a guy who is open minded, and willing to admit something paranormal may be happening. Your story rings true, without a lot of made up drama some people go for in their stories... And that is what makes it so compelling. I wish you luck, and please keep us updated.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
I find your story very compelling for some reason, and I don't know why. Please keep us updated. I can't say why I am so interested in this story as I've read so many others that are somewhat similar, but I am. Weird.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: