You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Phantom Door Knocks In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Door Knocks In The Night

 

This story occurred in the 1960's while I was still 7 or 8 years of age. We used to live in a Quonset house in Diliman, Quezon City in the Philippines and this was where this story happened. This single-storey house, which was once used by the liberation forces of the U.S. Army after World War 2, was quite spacious with a floor area of around 30 square meters and had 2 big bedrooms. I slept in the bedroom occupied by my parents (I slept in my own bed while my parents had this big matrimonial-style bed) while my only sister had the other bedroom all to herself.

One night, a series of loud knocks on our front door roused me from my sleep. Upon waking up and gaining lucidity, I was still able to catch this sequence of three knocks, a short pause, followed by another sequence of three, quick raps on our wooden, front door. Our bedroom was just beside the living room and there was no mistaking that the loud knocks were coming from our front door. My parents heard these also and my father grudgingly stood up and proceeded to the living room. My mother also got up from bed and followed my father to find out who the nocturnal visitor was.

All the while I remained in bed and heard my father unlocking and opening the front door. A few moments later I heard the door being shut and the door lock engaged. I was waiting for the voice of the visitor since I was curious who would come and visit us in the middle of the night. I only heard the voices of my parents and nothing else. A few minutes later they returned to the bedroom and I asked my mother who the visitor was. What I heard baffled me until this day --- she said that my father saw no one when he opened the door; he even went outside to look around suspecting that some neighborhood rascals were playing a prank on us but the area outside the house was totally deserted. My father just remained silent, shrugged his shoulders, and went back to sleep.

The next morning while the entire family was eating breakfast, one of my uncles (i.e, my father's brother) arrived from the province of Cavite to deliver some bad news. According to him, a cargo truck lost its brakes and rammed the house of a close relative killing him and his entire family while they slept. My father asked my uncle when this accident happened and he replied that it occurred the night before, shortly before midnight. I recall my mother making the sign of the cross when she heard this because it was also the same time when we heard those mysterious door knocks on our front door. My father left later that morning for Cavite to attend to the burial preparations of their relatives.

This is just one of those paranormal incidents in my life that I actually experienced first-hand. I unmistakably heard those door knocks loud and clear with my own ears --- phantom door knocks that eventually became a harbinger of death within the family.

Other hauntings by fence_sitter

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fence_sitter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Hi lady-glow,

I want to thank you for the kind comments and the plausible explanation behind this event. Till this day, I want to believe that all of them had a quick, painless death when the accident happened. Thank you once again for reading my story. Really appreciate it.
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Hi lady_glow,

I want to thank you for the kind comments and the plausible explanation behind this event. Till this day, I want to believe that all of them had a quick, painless death when the accident happened. Thank you once again for reading my story. Really appreciate it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Hello fence_sitter - I'm sorry for the loss of your relatives, it's so sad when several family members die at once, and then, for the ones believing in an afterlife, it is comforting to think that they walked to the other side together leaving not worries to hold them to this plane.

I have heard this belief associating three knocks to foretelling of death. I wonder if this is the spirit of the deceased person trying to connect with a loved one and still unaware of the freedom of their ethereal form, hence knocking on doors or windows as they would have done it in life.

Thanks for sharing this fascinating experience.
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Correction on a typo error regarding the floor area of the house, it is 130 square meters and not 30 square meters. Sorry my bad...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: