You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Knock At My Door

Real Ghost Stories

Knock At My Door

 

Since I have been living at this motel in Ontario, I have had knocks at my door at different times at Midnight and 2am.

When I look through the perp hole, there's no one there.

The knock is always the same way.

It's a weak knock that can be identified as either a child or a woman's.

It never happens during the day.

I am usually alone when it happens, but yesterday at Midnight my son is with me and he heard it too.

He got up and looked through the peep hole no one was there.

There was one time when I was alone, it was at 100am and that knock came and it was a woman who knocked because she said hello.

It was only a matter of seconds from me getting up to look through the peep hole and the knock and the voice saying hello, when I looked there was no one there.

This has happened at least 3 times a year and I have been there almost 5 years.

Since this place is always busy so when it first started happening I didn't think anything of it cuz I just thought they had the wrong room.

There is a lot of young kid partiers and homeless.

Since we have had quite few visits from the police and paramedics, I thought it was due to all the people who either OD or have died.

Those incidents are no where near my room.

I do not open the door ever.

I know about certain things to watch out for.

I used to listen to Coast to Coast and they said at one time, people will get a knock and there would be children with Black eyes and want you to open the door so they could stay there with you and haunt you, but I have never seen them or anyone standing at my door after a knock.

It only happens once in a day, it doesn't come back a second time that day.

Anyone have a idea what I keep experiencing?

This isn't a new accurence, has happened in every place I've lived.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mo121769, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SparksWife2018 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-17)
[at] Augusta

Right. My little brother and sister are just so darn sweet but my goodness are they rotten little demons with a taste for flesh... Or ice cream money lol
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-15)
"Ha ha ha I know that's true! No black eyes or paranormal status required!"

AugustaM - that's a good one!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-15)
"Now a days the legend is once a child is allowed into your home, they can cause madness to the point of suicide."

Ha ha ha I know that's true! No black eyes or paranormal status required!😂
SparksWife2018 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Mo-

Ah yes, good old Coast to Coast. I have been a fan since I was a kid thanks to my dad.

Although C2C has awesome guests and the open lines on Friday are rather interesting, Black eye Children have always been up to debate.

I personally do not believe it. We had a few teens during Halloween come up to doors wearing sclera contacts (btw, they're Hell to put in if you're a newbie to contacts). Didn't last long before someone spooked them with a firearm, but what do you expect when you knock on someone's door at 2AM.

Black eyed children follow an age old tale about vampires. They must be invited/allowed into the home. Once that happens, according to both legends, they can cause harm (blood draining, possession, death, dragging you to Hell, etc.). Now a days the legend is once a child is allowed into your home, they can cause madness to the point to suicide.

What you may be hearing or seeing are possibly some party kids or someone hopped up on some rather strange stuff. Please keep in mind, its not uncommon for people to use children or women to lure someone outside to rob or harm them. We recently had a woman going around where we once lived sporting a "head wound" asking for help and to use the phone. The plan was to have someone open the door and then rush them and rob them.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Granted, I have never listened to Coast to Coast (though now I am curious since it does sound entertaining) but I have heard of the black eyed kids legend. I did a little research and it seems as though the meme got started in 1998 and really took off in 2013 - see the Snopes article below:
Https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/black-eyed-children/

As far as I could tell from the more decent of the google results -most were rubbish- the "phenomenon" is strictly urban legend - or if it isn't, it has yet to be documented by any remotely creditable source. So right now, I would rate Bigfoot and Nessie as more creditable cryptids/phenomena.

So, if what I can glean from the web can be believed and it isn't black eyed minions running about wreaking havoc - what is it? I like Dee's suggestion of residual AND Melda's advice that it's still probably a good idea not to open the door (heck, I live in a fairly decent neighborhood and have never had any but human knockers at my door but I still won't open up unless I know for certain who is on the other side... Too many true crime stories!). However, as Dee pointed out, that leaves unanswered your query as to knocking in previous locations. Do tell us more on that as it has come up before in accounts by others - if you do a quick search of this site, you'll see for yourself and maybe reading others' experiences may be helpful to you. As a quick example of the many, here is a link to Tweed's fairly recent experience "Followed by Knocking" (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21774).

Meantime, maybe it would be a good time for a cleanse just to clear the air. If you look about online, there are plenty of options suited for a variety of belief systems. Since it may be that this knocker is attached to you not the building, maybe pick an option that is focused on you - maybe some sort of a bath etc Either way, pick what resonates best with you.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-11)
Hi there Mo,

It sounds like you're dealing with something residual (energy and/or actions recorded). It also seems likely because of the history of drug use, rowdy guests (partying, police visits, etc.) and obviously so many incoming/outgoing tenants. The drug use alone could cause negative energy.

However, you mentioned at the end that you've experienced the knocking prior to living in the hotel. Can you give details regarding this? Locations (house, apartment, etc), circumstances when it occurred, any roommates, known history, etc? More information will help us better understand your situation.

Also, I second Melda on the 'Coast to Coast' radio show theory... It almost sounds like they are trying to purposely scare their listeners (awful!). I have never come across the theory that paranormal knocking equals 'children with black eyes seeking to haunt you'. Yikes! 😕

Looking forward to your response 😊

Dee
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-11)
Mo - Please don't listen to what they say on Coast to Coast. To be honest, I've never heard of it before but that's irrelevant. What do the black-eyed children purportedly do? I really would be interested to know.

It could be somebody trying to freak you out or it could be a real "live" ghost 😟 Either way, don't go to the door, just turn around and go back to sleep. That's what I would do.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: