You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost That Follows Me

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost That Follows Me

 

My nephew, 3 sons and I have lived in a very nice apartment for the last two years now. The building is only 4 years old, having been rebuilt after a fire destroyed the last house on this site. The neighbors told me that a man and his dog died in the fire, and also an elderly lady died of natural causes in the apartment downstairs before the fire. When we moved in, our cat would claw at a spot on the wall in my son's bedroom, and the dog would bark at it. That happened about four times, and then everything was quiet for over a year. Things have changed drastically within the last six months, however. We started to see orbs and small shadows at first. Now the shadows are huge and we see them everywhere. Nobody seems to like my bedroom, saying that the closet seems very ominous, like there are many things in there.

I have always been sensitive. I have seen an apparition, heard things, and had many premonitions. I've always been interested in anything paranormal. None of this scares me, only intrigues me. But now I am started to get worried.

At first when we saw the shadows everyone was worried. I told them not to be scared. I joked and said nothing was going to push me out of here since I pay the rent. But I think that whatever is here didn't like my comment. The boys tell me that they see a girl in the bathroom, a shadow man in the hallway, and that my closet is a portal. We see so many shadows on a daily basis that it is just a common occurrence that we basically ignore unless it becomes too active to do so.

My youngest son is 11 and started seeing the shadows and orbs about a month ago. It scares him. The other day I was getting ready to go to my internship site. I was putting clothes in the hamper in my bedroom and my son told me that he saw a big shadow fly past me into the closet. I explained it away, telling him that it was my shadow he seen since I was right next to the light. He insisted that it wasn't and that he saw it go into the corner next to the closet. I brushed it off and thought nothing more of it. But when I got to my internship site I was forced to face the facts about the shadow. The little kids at the site all said hi to me, but one little girl said hi to me twice. When I said hi back, she told me and the other teacher that she was saying hi to me and the black ghost that was with me!

Now, for the last three nights we have seen the big shadow moving all around in the hallway just as bold as day. My son and I were on the couch watching TV, and it just kept getting closer and bigger, moving back and forth between the hallway and the kitchen. I turned the TV off thinking that was causing the shadow, but it was still there! Also, I'm not sure if it's power of suggestion, sleep attacks, or the ghost, but I keep having dreams of this ghost picking me up and dropping me. My son told me that I was screaming in my sleep to leave me alone and crying for it to stop. When I wake up from these dreams I am able to move and talk, so I am not paralyzed, making me think it's not sleep paralysis. Last night I wore a cross to bed, and the ghost was still there, but it wasn't able to touch me.

The boys keep telling me that there is a girl in the bathroom and I didn't believe them until I could feel someone in the shower behind me. It felt very menacing, but I didn't see anything. The light bulbs keep flickering and blowing constantly, so sometimes at night when I have to use the bathroom I just go in without the light. The other night when I did that, I had a very overwhelming feeling that something was looking at me from the mirror. It was a very strong, menacing feeling and I got out of there as fast as I could.

Other than burning some sage, is there anything else I could do? I am desperate for some decent sleep, and my son is getting more and more frightened by the day. Any ideas?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamweaver555, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
i think you should consult a priest, exorcist or something. And until then you should put pictures of Jesus everywhere you can in the house. 😐 😐 😐
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
ask to show you why it lingers there and maybe you could direct it to go to the light and cross over... Sometimes they have unfinnnished business and need to accomplish it before they cross over, God bless and again I say be careful
krill123 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
If the shadow figure becomes more harrasing, you can try laughing at it.
Give it a nickname like fred and laugh at it. It will eventually go away as these things supposedly don't like laughter.
Just something to try.

Good luck.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Never underestimate the power of folklore.

The ancients used: Cold Iron.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-06)
Hi dreamweaver555, I also feel that when you and the children stop being so upset and afraid you can gain better control. Spirits are energy and they feed off of ours. Unfortunately they have become attached to all of you and getting rid of them will prove to be hard. I believe that spirits come and go in seasons. When they activity is low then you might consider moving so nothing follows you. When the guy in my apartment gets spotted by either me or my children we acknoledge him and make him feel like it's not polite to stare and scare us. Sometimes he leaves so quickly that he accidently passes through one of us! We never challenge him or disrespect him because they might be souls who may need some guidance, just like us on this plane. When we do that, they activity stops for a long time. But you can never really be rid of all spirits. They are EVERYWHERE. And if you are sensitive then you just need to gain some kind of control. Unless they begin attacking and the fear is too great then take the necesary steps. I am Christian and prayer is what works for me. Good luck, keep posting ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-05)
Firstly, I know people have suggested putting Christian symbols up, but I need to remind you and them - the cross on your neck stopped the ghost from touching you, yes, but it did not banish it. I would refrain from putting up symbols, as it could make the second entity, the girl in the bathroom (possible victim of drowning, moreso by a female relative? Could be why you feel so much malice from her) even more angry than she is.

Second - Note that I said the girl was the second entity. I'm going to classify the shadow as the first. This sounds like a neutral, or even friendly entity, regardless of the dreams it was making you have (you noted that this could also just be paranoia. I agree with this a bit.) The girl at your internship wasn't concerned, which makes me think that your shadowy friend is not malicious.

Third - Your children could be just afraid of the unknown. A lot of people are, including myself, and I'm somewhat of a medium. Even when I know something's not going to hurt me, the feeling of something unseen kicking around scares me to death. Again, the other girl, at your internship site was not afraid. This could suggest that she is a medium, or has some medium-esque abilities, and is used to seeing ghosts or spirits. I wouldn't be alarmed about the shadow.

Fourth - A shadow spirit is not always evil. A shadow is the easiest form for a spirit to take, as it just draws in energy instead of having to release any energy to show itself.

A solution - What has worked for members of my family in the past, who had severe hauntings (full-bodied apparitions, disembodied conversations, and a garbage can that would shoot itself across the room, even when one was watching it) was this: They went to their religious leader and had a mass said for "special circumstances" for their family. Shortly after the mass was said, the hauntings stopped. Some establishments require donations for such things.

Hope this helps,
Penny ❤
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
Find a way to let the spirits go free.
Put pictures of Jesus up, wear a cross to bed [like you were doing] and read your bible.
butthead (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
i think szaffi is giving some good thoughts here.
A spirit is always attracted to energy, the fear in your son and the fear for your son in you.
Perhaps when a spirit see's a child it is attracted to it from the aura surrounding it, the energy vibe (good or bad). And you have some children with a unbalanced state of emotions in your house, by the sounds of it.
During times where there was a lot of negativity in my home, I was being haunted by something I did not want here. I never gave it the time of day though, being suprised more than scared/anxious to what it was doing.
I always wear a cross round my neck, and I wouldn't be suprised if this is why I always feel safe while sleeping, despite having gone through many occurances.

Demons are tricksters, if it is a demon as Jim seems to believe, then I guess that at a glance a child may not be aware of the evilness within, perhaps he did not let the child see enough of it to feel threatened, or took a form other than that of its usual self.

I don't know...

Cleansing of a house also helped for mine during emotional times, nothing spiritually negative has ever happened here since.
Strongly advisable
JimD (431 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
Hi;

Sorry this is happening, but Halloween is approaching. As a demonologist, I'm getting really busy of late. I have 4 active cases right now. One is real stubborn, in Suffolk County, Long Island, New York.

These symptoms, i.e. Dark shadows out of the corners of you eyes, fear, chaos, low level harassment, night time whisperings, etc. Are classic signs of demonic infestation. I urge use of Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on the beds, and the names of Jesus and Mary. Feel free to email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com.

It may well step it up shortly, but, if you need to tralk, I'm here.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
You aren't scared. Your nephew and two sons aren't scared. Only your 11-year-old son is scared. It's natural for a mom to stress over whatever is scaring her child. I think that's what the dreams come down to, worry over your little one. It seems very possible that the ghost itself isn't getting inside your head, but that your worry over your son's fear is causing you to have nightmares about this presence.
A cleansing of the home isn't a bad idea. It may quiet the spirits. It will probably help quiet the anxiousness felt by you all. The thing is, ghosts respond to whatever emotional energy is in the environment. Fear and anxiousness will "feed" the ghost that negative energy. Some ghosts enjoy negative energy, just as some living humans enjoy negativity. Try to fill the home with calmness and positive emotional energy. You will be strengthening yourselves, and feeding your uninvited ghosts positive energy. If they are negative in personality, they won't like the change in menu and will leave. If they are positive in personality, they will settle down and not be as troublesome. Just a thought.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
dreamweaver555

This is why I said: do a cleaning in your house according to your religion... If Buddhist, then fallow that, if Christian or Hindu than that. It doesn't metter what it is. But lighting a candle for those people is always a good idea... And every religion and belife system uses it. Hope they can find their peace.
Yes. The way I see you should look at and treat the house as a sacred place until your gohsts can't find peace. Burn sage and frankinsense helps also. We are going to have All Hallows Eve soon. That's the time when the wheil between the wolds is the thinest... Easyer for your gohsts to move on.
dreamweaver555 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
DCinAZ,
I'm not sure why the little girl at school wasn't scared. I am not scared of the things that are going on, and neither are any of the boys except my 11 year old. But it does worry me to think that if the dreams are truly coming from the ghost, that it can reach me while I am sleeping.
dreamweaver555 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
szaffi,
Thanks for your advice. I will definitely light a candle for the people who died. I am not a practicing wiccan-have never practiced any of that. I watch any paranormal shows or read any books about it, try to find new sites and such, but I don't do any spells or any such thing. I guess the best thing to do is try to clean the house and put up a protective circle, huh?
dreamweaver555 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
aussiedaz,
Thanks for your comments. I don't really have any fears with this, but I definitely don't like that my 11 year old is so scared. Like I mentioned before, this stuff intrigues me. The part that I worry about are the dreams. It does seem like whatever this is can reach me in my dreams. I have since hung up a dream catcher, and I thought that would do the trick, but I am still being "visited" in my sleep.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
Reading through your story I can honestly say I can relate to your experiences and circumstances... You are thinking logical and you are confronting your fears to a point right?...but now its starting to play on your mind and your now convincing yourself that this entity or ghost does not want you there... It is not easy to work out what experiences are fabricated from with in or around... I do believe that you have some type of haunting going on... But I fear if you don't get your concerns and fears in control it may get worse... Our minds can play tricks on us and some of your experiences are as you put it... Are the power of suggestion... But some of them are definitely caused by these spirits... I hope what ever advise you receive helps you... What works for me is blocking out my experiences which are not so pleasant... I don't give them any life because I refuse to let them get under my skin... Real or not?

Daz.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
Em...I would suggest: clean the house according to the believe system you are fallowing?! But not just sage... Frankinsense is one of the oldest plants used for insenses and for rituals (not just in the Christian system.) If you are a practising Wiccan would suggest you clean house the way you clean the circle before ritual. Even could make a circle of your home... As those people died un-natural could lite a candle for them as well so they can find their peace.
DCinAZ (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
The little girl at school, she didn't seem scared, why? Is it possible that you and the kids have worked each other up to such a point that now whatever it is has no chance BUT to seem scary? I'm not saying you shouldn't be but I'm just wondering why her reaction didn't seem be one you'd expect if it were something to be afraid of. Or did I miss something?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: