You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Family

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Family

 

Me and my mother were the only people in the house at the time. My mother is active in our church activities. She's always present in any church meetings. It was 7pm when my mother told me to accompany her to the church to attend prayer meeting, but I didn't want to come because early in the morning I had to go to school. So she left me in the house alone. At 9pm my mother was still in the church so I decided to sleep at sala watching t.v until I got sleepy. I lay down on the banig (filipino traditional matting) and fell asleep.

I'm suddenly awakened by strange noises laughing and shouting. When I opened my eyes I saw a family of ghosts sitting in a sofa behind me watching t.v, eating popcorn (I don't know if it's really popcorn) laughing and talking to each other. There are four: a father; bald, fat, eating popcorn, not wearing an upper shirt. A mother; long hair, fat and wearing a white duster while pampering her son. A son; bald, also fat as in very huge (obese) scary looking like a retard. (hope he doesn't read this):) not wearing an upper shirt and a daughter about 8 years old wearing a white gown holding her doll. I lifted my upper body in a sitting position and turned my head towards them. I think I got their attention. They are all looking directly to me in a surprised look. I can see it in their faces. Obviously I'm more surprised seeing them. I turned my head toward the t.v., opposite direction to the family and the t.v turned off. Looking back to the sofa they're all gone. I look at the time. It was 3am dawn. I'm really scared. I rushed to the master's bedroom. I saw my mother already asleep and I prayed and fell asleep beside her.

I was just 13 years old at that time.

It never happened again and I think that ghost family are not harmful and didn't mean to scare me. They're just happy together having fun with each other.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, erjen28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tatotte (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
This is funny in a way. Apparently, they weren't expecting you to see them. They probably thought everybody in the house was asleep.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Haha I remember this story aswell Javelina yeh would have been quite a sight to see something you would have a good laugh about later! Lol 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
I had to come back and read this story again. And it still makes me crack up!
😆 😆 😆
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I know this was frightening for you, and considering the fear you experienced, my comment may sound inapropriate, but when I picture the look of surprise on their faces and yours well...I'm sorry but it made me crack up. I mean no disrespect but this one is priceless! They scared you and you scared them, that's funny!😜 😆
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Was it at all possible that it was a dream? Had there been any occurances prior to this one by anyone in your home?

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Two possibilities immediately came to mind here:
(1) You experienced a residual haunting, where these daily actions of this loving family are imprinted on that house like a movie that can play over and over again. However, in residual hauntings, there isn't communication between the living and the dead.
(2) A second theory is unaided, unrequested time travel. Either you in your sleep time traveled to their time living in the same house or on the same land, or they time traveled to your time. I would tend to think that you did the time traveling as they were a complete family unit doing very ordinary things -watching TV together, eating popcorn. Moral of the story: dreamtime is more than you think - sometimes a gateway to someplace else!
merlin (23 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
have you seen the movie " The Others"? It's a good movie. I think their story is just the same with your experience. Ghost that do not realise their dead already. And when they realised your presence, they thought you are the Ghost. Their dimension and our dimension intersected. If you happen to know the Venn Diagram, you might have been caught in that intersection area of two dimensions. 😁

Another theory in my opinion is that, what you saw are real life family. Maybe an issue of Time-Space warp. 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Wow very interest story, maybe it's the family before you and your mom move in that house have ever try to find out who live in your house or land before the house build. I would had been shock if happen to me. 2/3 am is witch/dead times.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: