You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Family - The Farmboy And A Lot Of Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My Family - The Farmboy And A Lot Of Ghosts

 

My family has lived in Kansas for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a small town with only a few thousand people living in it and we were one of the richest families around. Mainly because my great- grandparents had founded the town and it was even named after us. As you can imagine there was a lot of history in the seven square miles of town so that is where our story begins.

Near the Dust Bowl period, my great- grandfather was living in the town and it was struck hard with drought and wind. He had a farm hand that would help to feed the livestock and fetch water from the well. His name was Charles and he was orphaned as a small boy. My great- grandfather was an abusive man and used to beat Charles harshly if he did wrong even though they were only a few years apart. Charles couldn't complain to the townsfolk because this was the only job he could find and he got food and a roof over his head. My great- grandmother was unaware of her husband's abusive actions towards Charles and let her children play games and sing songs with him. Charles was a great storyteller and loved the kids. Charles had begun to fall in love with my great- grandmother and would buy her things that were too expensive for even her husband. Naturally he was jealous and Charles went missing soon after. All the townspeople suspected that my great- grandfather was the murderer and he was sent to prison. He cursed his wife and said that she shall make no more of her lying kind.

Since then, not a single one of us Lincolns have had a girl. My three boys speak for themselves. The home that my great- grandmother used to live in is now a museum for the town and when you walk in you get cold chills until you step into the living room, which was the only place my great- grandmother was comfortable. Often, when the maintenance man stays late he finds dust in the corners of all the rooms. He has to dust every single day and always in the same spots.

The worst of all is an experience I had in the museum. I sometimes will volunteer at the museum or do paperwork to earn a little extra cash so I am sometimes the one who locks up.

It was around eight o' clock on a Friday night and as I began to walk to the main entrance. Suddenly I heard a loud clang and saw a man running from one of the offices wearing overalls and carrying a bucket. He then ran through a wall near the door and disappeared. I was totally shaken. I called the cops but they told me I was imagining things and that there was no one that fit the description I had told them. The next day I began to research and found a blurry photo of the farm and in the corner of the picture was a man wearing overalls that looked to be in his twenties and was the exact same person I had seen the night before. The place he ran from was where the kitchen used to be and where the wall was was once the front door.

Next time you're in Kansas look for the supernatural because it is all around you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 18711, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
18711 - I liked your story. Very sad to think that your great-grandfather murdered Charles. If that is the case, that could be why Charles is still hanging around. Then again, it could just be that Charles was dedicated to the farm and he's still carrying out his duties as a farm hand.

As SuperHBK stated, I too would like to hear more about your experiences in the museum.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
18711... Very interesting story, I would have liked if you could have elaborate a little more on your experience's in the museum. But any way great story and I hope you will post more soon.

HBK ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: