You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Is Just Saying Hello

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Is Just Saying Hello

 

I don't even know where to begin, but I have been seeing ghosts since I was 6 years old, it has died down a lot but I used to see them often. I also get strange feelings when someone I know has passed away before anyone is even notified. I just posted my first story on here about my Uncle Joe, now here is another one about my grandma.

My Grandma was from NYC so naturally, she had that New York attitude ha, but she loved her family very much and would do anything for us. She passed away June 14 2005. This takes place in my house about a year ago. I was sleeping and My grandma appeared to me in my dream, I was sitting on a couch when I heard her voice behind me, I turned around and stood up and asked "how can you be here right now? You're dead!" and with an attitude she said "I'm not dead! I'm here all the time! Now get your bangs out of your eyes you know I hate that!" I have side bangs, just like every other girl my age does. With the way that I sleep I usually wake up and my hair is all in my face. Well after my grandma had said that to me, she reached her hand out and swiped my bangs to the side they belong on and tucked them behind my ear... I woke up because I actually felt her ice cold skinny fingers across my forehead, when I opened my eyes it was 4 am, my hair was tucked behind my ear.

I couldn't get back to sleep because I knew that she had really touched me. So I went downstairs to the kitchen to get a bottle of water, as I passed the guest bedroom I heard my name being whispered, I wanted to crawl out of my skin until I realized, it was my younger sister who decided to sleep in the guestroom that night. So I walked into the room and she was sitting straight up wide awake. She pointed to a battery powered infant swing that was turned on, the music was low and it was hitting the wall behind it every time it rocked back... I turned it off and she told me that she too had a dream about my grandma and woke up when she heard the swing/rocker seat... My grandma used to sleep in that room when she would stay over and the swing belongs to my older sister's son that my grandma never got to meet while she was alive anyhow. I know my nephew has seen her.

Other hauntings by JerseyGirl1125

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JerseyGirl1125, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JerseyGirl1125 (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
She does this type of thing a lot... I have another story that I will post, it is of my brother in-law's experience with her! And he wasn't dreaming!
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hi JerseyGirl1125, I would have to say 'yes' it's your grandma. I've had similar things happen to me and there's no question in my mind. Especially her brushing your hair back, that's something I've experienced wide awake. It happens, it just does. That's OK in my book, it made me feel kind of special, someone came all that way just for you and your sister, that's pretty neat. 😊 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
Hi JerseyGirl1125: When I read your story this rang bells for me as I have had the exact same dream about seeing my Grandma and saying the exact same thing to her. Her response was similar she said to me that "she will always be here". Passed loved ones also come to us in dreams as a form of cummunicating I believe, I think they choose this way sometimes because seeing them in spirit form can be quite frightning.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Dan
JerseyGirl1125 (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
She had muscular dystrophy, she developed it when she was only 30 and her muscles pretty much disappeared she was on life support in the hospital and she decided it was time to go... She asked my mom to have the doctor pull the plug... She lived for 4 more days and then that was it.
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
Interesting story.

How did she pass away?

Curious:)

Thanks for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: