You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Babysitting Sucks Because Of Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Babysitting Sucks Because Of Ghosts

 

I used to absolutely love babe sitting until 2006. It was March just past my birthday and I was so happy because after being out of work for 3 months I finally got another babe sitting job from my neighbour down the street. I had to watch their 3 kids, Angie [aged 12], Tanya [aged 7], and Dylan [aged 10].they were real good kids and the family was totally rich so I was sure the fridge would be packed. Lucky sixteen year old me, the fridge had everything. This isn't a happy story though.

It was about 3:00 pm and Tanya and Dylan were napping and I and Angie were sitting on the couch watching TV munching on chips when the doorbell rang. I answered it and no one was there. To me that was like a typical ding dong ditch. But right when I closed the door it rang again and no one was there. I thought it must of been broken or something because Angie told me that happens a lot. I sat down and the TV turned off. I thought I sat on the remote but then I saw it on the kitchen table. So I turned it back on like nothing and nothing else happened.

Then on day 3 of babe sitting the parents were late and it was about 12:00. The kids were asleep but I wasn't lonely because I brought my boyfriend with me. We were on the couch almost asleep when we heard screaming. We rushed upstairs to see which of the kids screamed but when we got there they were all asleep and snoring. We waited in Angie's room to see if it was in her sleep. The radio she had on her dresser started blaring Hannah Montana music which totally woke all the kids up so we went downstairs and got them water. We were all tired but for some reason couldn't get to sleep. When the parents got home they were mad we had the kids up but we told them the story and they said they believed us because weird things like that happened all the time.

Last thing but definitely not least on our way out we saw like 10 kids singing in the front yard. We were so tired of all this, my boyfriend grabbed my hand and rushed me to the car with my eyes closed.

I want to know if anyone else had an experience babe sitting with ghosts or anything similar. Now I am a manicurist and doing fine but have turned down every babe sitting opportunity I get.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scaredycat123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

purpleprincess (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
what an interesting story

Betcha its fake

Purpleprinccess

God bless
purpleprincess (1 stories) (11 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
thx dcinaz for liking the story. And I kind of figured you were kidding about them being up so late.
By the way I am scaredy cat I just forgot my password so I stole my sisters account

Princcess
God bless
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
scaredycat123, I'm hoping you knew I was just kidding about those kids being out so late, I was clumsily trying to agree with you about the strangeness of their behaviour and it may not have come out as I would have wished. I came back to read the story again because I liked it. Thanks so much. 😊 ❤
scaredycat123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
to pjod again...
I made another story about my sister you should read it
scaredycat123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
to darkness...
The parents claimed in the middle of the night the t.v. Would turn on. Seeing those kids haunts my life still today thanks for being interested

thanks for commenting

Miranda
scaredycat123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
to pjod...
I don't remember what the kids could have been besides translucent images they were singing slent night. My boyfriend and I split up 2 days after because he blamed me for making him go mad. So I didn't discuss it with him
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
I also agree with the previous posters. What the heck were those kids doing out past midnite, 10 of them, singing in the front yard? This was March/April? The doorbell is easy to debunk. The people across the street from me installed a new doorbell and when someone pushed it my doorbell rang. Come to find out they had bought the same make and model as us and all I had to do was adjust ours as per the intructions that came with it. But that's just the doorbell, I can't explain the rest. (The deacon had a porno?) 😆 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Would have been great to hear some of the parents experiences. I am agreeing with what previous posters have mentioned, I'm also racking my brains trying to think what must have happened to have witnessed the spirits of 10 childeren singing out the front? Very strange indeed! Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I agree with BadJuuJuu and think it was the spirits of children in the house. The activity you were describing sounds like little tricks kids will play on their babysitters. I would also like to know more about the children you saw singing on the front lawn. That is so strange to see that many at one time. I wonder who they were and what happened to them.

[at] BadJuuJuu - I can just imagine the look on your face when the kid pulled out the porn video. 😲 I would have left the video on the coffee table with a note asking for a raise. 😆 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I HATED babysitting when I was a teenager. Especially after I got talked into babysitting for one the deacons in our church one night while him and his wife went out with my parents. The 5-year-old wanted to watch a movie. He dug to the very back of the movie shelf and brought me a porn. Needless to say, we watched Barney instead.
Ahem.
Sounds like the ghosts in that house were intentionally drawing attention to themselves, trying to interact. An intelligent haunting. Electronics are a favorite target of intelligent hauntings. My theory is that their reason for playing with electronics is twofold. Reason one, they can draw energy from the electronics. Reason two, it gets a person's attention when the TV, radio, whatever goes on or off by itself. The ghost gets a little more energy, and your attention.
There is no easy answer to why intelligent hauntings try to interact with the living. Sometimes they need help crossing over. Sometimes the ghost is lonely, or mischievous. Since you and your boyfriend saw children in the yard that night, I would think along the lines of just plain mischievous. Child ghosts play, just like living children. I think that's what you were encountering in that house, the ghost/s of a child.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
The biggest, most sensational part of your story, and you flew right over it. 😆
Can you describe who the singing kids might have been? What they were singing? What they looked like? Surely, even if you looked away, your boyfriend had to have discussed this with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: