You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Babysitting My Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

Babysitting My Cousin

 

I have only had a few experiences but this one took place a couple of weeks ago when I was babysitting my cousin. It was 10:30 A.M and I decided to take my little 2 year old cousin to the park, to tire her out for a nap. We were there for almost 2 hours when I figured it was time to leave.

Me: Shy, time to go home

(She didn't answer me)

From where she was standing you can see a path that goes into the basketball court.

Me: Shyla is someone walking through the path?

Shyla: (no answer) but, she starts, smiling and laughing

Me: SHYLA, is someone standing there?

Shula: NO KAY SOMEONE ON THE BENCH!

At this point I was so scared so I took shyla and ran back to my uncle's house. Later that day I told her mother what had happened and she was pretty surprised but she 100% believed it, but later on we ask her who she had seen.

Us: Shyla, Who was at the park with you today?

Shyla: Grammy!

"Grammy" is a Name we called my grandmother who died 6 years ago, from cancer, so Shyla has never seen her, she only knows what she looks like from pictures before she had got sick with cancer So I believe maybe my Grammy was saying hi or maybe comforting her seeing her dad was sentenced to jail that day and he's court was going on at that time. But my question is why didn't I see her too? I'm not that old I'm only 15.

But thanks for reading and tell me what you thing.

RIP GRAMMY WE MISS YOU!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KMGx3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
alex,

Ummmm. Ahhh...

You may want to check the date (how long ago) of the last comment as well as the posted date of the expereince... This one posted 10-11-2010 and the O/P of this one was '15' at that time. They would be about 20 now.

Respectfully,

Rook
alex0122 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
maybe she didn't want to scare you or thought you wouldn't believe most teenagers don't believe in stuff like this but babies do that's why ghost or sprits visit them more often 😁 I would worry to much she may come and visit you
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww granny so sweeeeeeet ❤
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
aw that's nice that grammy was saying hi to your little cousin 😳
KMGx3 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Red, I don't see how I am Jealous of my Little Cousin I was JUST wondering why She was the only one who saw it But Other Users explained this to me

Other users- Thanks by the way you Guys all have good Points 😉
KMGx3 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
DARKNESS: I ask her if someone was walking threw the Path Because from the angle she was standing there was a path you could walk threw to get the a basketball court And I figured she was lookin at someone Walking to the park From the woods lol,& No I'm not sure if see's seen anything Before but I no my other little cousin (currenly 7) when she was about 1 and a half too She would look up at the vase where my Grammys Ashes were and wave, But that's about it.
CapricornMoonLady (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
It's not just you. I once wondered about the same thing when I was younger. When I was an adolescent I couldn't see any ghosts while my 3 year old brother could at the time. Now that I'm older I understand now.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
I agree with Dan and Redphx, Your cousin is younger and thus more perceptive to ghosts, My cousin used to see ghosts when she was young too, she could see them where we could only sense a presence. Do not be offended that you did not see your grammy, I'm sure one day you will seeing as she has apparently not left this world yet.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
My question is why did you ask your cousin "Is someone walking through the path" in the first place? Has she had previous experiences with things like this, am I correct?
As touched on by previous posters your mind has started to mature into what society and mankind has led us all to think and believe basically. Young kids and children have not yet developed this way of thinking, thus leaving them more open to perceive these activities. This isn't to say that you will never be able to perceive things like this again, there are many ways to open yourself to the spiritual world again, it just depends on which path you take.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
I think the most important part of your story is the fact that you listened to her and believed what she said. How many times have you heard someone say they tried to tell their parents or friends and they wouldn't believe them? Or worse, thought they were mental and had them put on medication. You are the one she will always remember for listening and understanding her then making sure others did too. What you've done is break open that old barrier. That may seem small now but to others who've tried for years to get someone to believe them, it's HUGE. Be that person, because people like you are hard to come by.
😊 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
your cousin could be sensitive to spirits but if this is the first time that she encountered one and it is your relative it could be that your grammy made her see her to comfort the child.

^_^
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
you sound slightly jealous of your small cousin. Be careful with that. Most kids as they age lose the sight. Younger ones are more open to such things as ghosts. As humans age they gain more of a "thinking" mind. The mind will eliminate things that we have told it do not exist. Young kids don't have this yet. They still live in imagination. The spiritual mind I call it.
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Usually if you can't see them it's because you are closed off emotionally or you can't handle it mentally that's what I have been told
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
You may not have the gift to see her or it may not be your turn to see her. If you a meant to see her you will in time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: