You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Because I Talked To It, It Got Worse

Real Ghost Stories

Because I Talked To It, It Got Worse

 

I've lived in the same house for many years. Each year something happens, sometimes scary sometimes annoying.

In a full house of 9 people not everyone has had an experience. My two little brothers have never had an experience. One of little sisters told me she heard whispering once. My other two younger sisters have never seen or heard anything. My older brother says we're crazy.

My older sister had an experience with a doll that had literally froze her still. She couldn't do anything but scream to the top of her lungs, though nobody heard her for the first 5 minutes, everybody was though.

My mother knows of their existence, but I think she's holding the rest of her story back.

My first time was a feeling, nothing more. I thought I was crazy and I was making things up in my head. This went on for weeks. I wanted to ease my own head so I decided to record a conversation with thin air. I thought I was going to get a feeling of relief. It said in a faint whisper,"I want your power."

As if I knew what that meant. The feelings stopped shortly after that.

Some time after, things started moving. Falling, flying, floating, opening, closing. This only happened to me. Back then I didn't understand why. Everyone said I was crazy. My mother who most definitely knows it happened, denied the ghost existence. Then nothing, it just stopped.

The next year it came back and started moving things behind my back. I was doing dishes, turned and put my cup of milk on the table, turned around and did dishes, turned around, turned back, turned again, my cup was gone. Where did it go? Turned around, my cup is in the sink, still half full. My backpack did the same thing. So I named it ghosty. BIG MISTAKE, Don't name it.

It started making sounds. Clicking sounds, like with your tongue. I tried to talk to it again, via phone's voice recorder thingie, nothing happened. I checked over it twice. I turned it off and told it "thanks for nothing ghosty". Then it said very loudly in clear voice,"You don't need that to hear me."

Well, what do you do in the situation that a voice comes out of nowhere and says a full a sentence? I'll tell you what you do, you sit there with a warm liquid feeling in the front of your pants and you don't move until your told to do chores. I started hearing it talk more and more, but eventually, nothing.

It all just stopped again. Until the next year with pretty much the same story. A few years passed but it only stayed the same. Little things here and there with one big thing before it stopped again. I did a few Google searches, read a book or two, even talked to people about it. One thing helped, the Bible.

I'm not a Bible thumper. I believe in God and heaven and hell and all that, but I'm not sitting here to preach. It said not to talk to it. I never talked to it again. Then, nothing, just gone. No more. I mean some whispers came up a while back saying my name until I yelled at it.

One thing a year now and it happens randomly to anyone here. Nothing big. Since then I learned more about ghosts and the different types. I've helped others with their problems and even solved a few of my own cases. You can't get rid of a ghost. You can however, stop giving the ghost attention and it will stop picking on you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndrewSimpson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-26)
Hey Andrew

Oh dear Lord! That "you don't need that to hear me" was too creeeepy! Well, I'd like to know your sister's doll story too.

And I hope that 'Thing' means no harm to you and your family.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-21)
AugustaM ~ I am a tad late to the party here...

Many traditions hold that knowing an entities name gives you some power over it, but that is not the same a naming it.

My mother claims to communicate to spirits - she says they are ghosts, most of them have names, some times she assigns names, but more often than not the entity tells her, or so she says.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-19)
Hi. I would like to know about the doll experience too. Thanks in advance!
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-18)
Hi AndrewSimpson, I agree with you that the bible is important to dealing with situations like these. Like ladyglow I'd like to know what exactly you did with it.

The bible you mentioned does warn against speaking with "spirits" of the dead (Deuteronomy 18:10-13, Leviticus 19:31, Leviticus 20:6 amongst others), and I also have strong views on this (you are welcome to read my profile for my opinions).
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
The way I have always heard it was that naming a thing gives you power over it - often used as the explanation why demons never "want" you to learn their real name. And there are many accounts here of contributors who have either come in contact with entities named by others or have named the entities in their own spaces ("George" "Mrs. Percival" etc) to no ill effect. Seems like, in many cases, if a thing is negative, it simply is, and, where as there are ways of provoking activity both intentionally and not, if they want to mess with you, they are going to until you find some way of either coping, shielding or banishing the thing.

Speaking to entities is an interesting one, though as many legends from around the world hold firm and fast that you absolutely ought NOT answer an entity (particularly if it calls your name) but, many accounts tell of children who have - in many cases it is the adults who have grown from those children recounting their own experiences and they seem to have not only lived to grow up but also to have grown into perfectly cogent individuals with no immediately recognizable ill effects. Often too, speaking to an entity (either reasoning with it, scolding or aggressively banishing it - even insulting it in some cultures) is put forth as an effective means of mitigating paranormal activity - as an aside, this is my most common means of handling it in my home.

Perhaps, we humans have been too quick to establish hard and fast "laws" for the paranormal. After all, it is very comforting when faced with the unknown to have at your disposal an infallible panacea rather than a pocket full of "possible maybies". I can only imagine that spirits are as many and varied as people - no one solution can fix all the ills of every individual on the planet - may well be that the paranormal ranks are quite the same. Perhaps for one a cleansing works, another may simply be uneffected, another enraged. For one a good talking to may send it packing, another may see it as an encouraging acknowledgement.
KLange (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
Actually, you can get rid of them by blessing wherever it is they haunt. Your house for example. You can do it yourself or even ask your priest to help. If you haven't taken part in a blessing before I would actually recommend getting help from your priest. Blessing your home and family members is never a bad idea. Best part is you can do it as many times as you want.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hello Andrew and welcome to YGS.

It sounds like there's been a lot of activity at home though, in my opinion, the information provided in your narrative is too vague.

How did the Bible help you? Did you read some specific passages or did you just place it somewhere? What happened, or stopped happening, after getting a Bible and how can you be sure the activity didn't stop/lessen because it was just following its usual cycle?

How old were your siblings and you when the disturbances began?

I hope you can provide more details in the comment section. Thanks for sharing.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
You said your older sister had an experience with a doll that 'literally froze her still'
So what exactly happened?
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hi Andrew,

Yes, I've learned the hard way that it's not a good day to name any entities that you're around--and very frequently, the acknowledgement of it will make the activity increase. Just earlier this month there were strange things that were happening, and I laughed it off as "the bedroom ghost." Within just a few days I realized that it looked like there really WAS a spirit--and therefore realized that it was a mistake to joke about its presence.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: