You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House On Fair Street

Real Ghost Stories

The House On Fair Street

 

My fiancée, my daughter, and I moved in with my grandfather last year to watch over him and to save up money so we could afford our own place. He is 85 years old and in poor health so it was mutually beneficial to all of us. He lived alone since my grandmother passed away earlier last year. Last September (2009) he needed a hip replacement and was in the hospital for a couple of months. During that time we stayed and looked after the house for him. At first things we pretty normal but as time went on a few unexplainable things began to happen.

The first and most frequent occurrence was the sound of music playing within the house at night. This would happen around 2:00 in the morning when we were all sleeping. It started out very faint but over time you were able to hear it quite clearly. I told my fiancée about this because usually I was in and out of sleep and could hear it and she was sound asleep. To my amazement she said she heard the music at times too. This could not have been the neighbors playing their music because all of the windows were closed and the sound was clearly inside the house. Since my grandfather was in the hospital it couldn't have been him. He doesn't listen to music anyway.

Another occurrence was the footsteps in the attic. When we are lying in bed some nights we were able to hear the distinct sound of someone walking around up there. Of course we were the only ones in the house. On a few occasions my fiancée thought someone broke into the house so she sent me up to the attic to see what was there. Of course I found no one. After the first few occurrences we both figured we couldn't explain it so we just lived with it. The footsteps became less frequent over time.

There was another occurrence that happened only once to my knowledge. I was awoken out of a sound sleep to the sound of pots and pans banging around the kitchen as if someone was preparing a meal. This happened around 3AM. I ran out to the kitchen to find everything in its proper place and no one in sight. Could this have been the spirit of my grandmother looking after her house? She always did love to cook.

The last occurrence is perhaps the strangest. Once again we were sleeping and both awoke to our daughter having a conversation with someone. We at first didn't think anything of it because that's just what a one year old does but we found it strange that when we approached her crib she was laughing and giggling with her eyes fixed on a corner of the room. This happened on a few occasions. Was my grandmother watching over her great granddaughter and making her laugh? These experiences are some that I can never explain.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AJ25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bm1993 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I would have to go along with everyone else about it must be the grandmother... Even if she is not there, she believes she is helping you out with the grandfather. But I believe you should ask him if he ever heard things happen around the house. ❤
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
OMG I always hear music! I have a black baby grand piano in my living room. My house is a one story and a little down the hall is my bedroom. I lay awake at night and hear classical music, as if the piano is being played. It happens a fair amount... And whenever I would call someone to my room or someone would get up to get a glass of water or something it would immediately stop. Like only I could hear it...
spookysearch (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Hello AJ25,

I think it's wonderful that you are watching after your grandfather, and very possible that your grandmother is as well:)

Your story sounds very intriguing, and would be a perfect feature for a paranormal investigation television show that I am currently scouting locations for.

I would love to learn more about your experiences, so please drop me line at spookysearch [at] gmail.com.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
yes it probably was your grand mother she was probably just thinking you all needed her as your granfather wasn't there to take care of you I know it was you taking care of him but youd never hear him admit that I bet I wonder did he ever speak of things hapening did you ask him

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: