You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Imagination

Real Ghost Stories

My Imagination

 

I'm 21 and looking for a confirmation of whether or not I am in fact having supernatural experiences. I have a couple inquiries about some things that happened in my past that I would like opinions on. I must first say that I come from a big family (just on my mother's side) with mixed views and ideas about religion. For example: My grandmother is a firm believer in Christianity, however her father (my great-grandpa) is more or less atheist and believes that when we die that's it. I myself am at a weird point in my life where I believe but have some doubts though if you ask me I will not say God doesn't exist. I can't even say that in my head just to test it, it feels wrong.

I am not religious by any means and I never have been. Humanity has turned religion into nothing but bloodshed, but I won't delve into great depth with my personal beliefs. I believe in something... I just haven't quite figured it out yet. I have some weird ideas about what Life and Life after Death is however once again I won't go into it. You may ask if you like as I enjoy bouncing ideas around with people. So here it goes.

I am wondering if I am dealing with multiple entities as I will call them. When I was a young girl my grandmother told me that I had an Angel by my side, always protecting me with his/her arms wrapped around me. Flash forward quite a few years later with me having moved to Nevada by that time and having not thought about these words to me in years.

I lived in Northern Nevada where winters were freakin cold. I remember two instances the first being when I was still in Elementary school and out on the playground standing next to the swings. It was winter time and so cold. If you're not familiar with Nevada I must tell you that on top of the winter cold Nevada also has terrible wind. I remember being outside freezing with the wind blowing and for some reason I closed my eyes for a while... And I remember feeling this little warm barrier around me... The wind was blowing on me... But I couldn't feel it; it felt like something was coming between me and the cold almost like there were arms wrapped around me. It lasted about 15 seconds... But my grandmother's words came back to me. The same thing happened to me when I was in High School standing outside in the snow with that cursed cold desert wind. I believe I have a guardian of some sort as there have just been too many personal things in my life to have happened that would have gone terribly wrong had it not been for some kind of divine intervention. Think it was my guardian? I could have sworn I felt arms around me... I felt like I was being protected. I just took it as an over-active imagination on my part and dismissed the feeling.

The second thing I want to share is something that I would have never noticed had it not been for my kitty. Let me first flash back to my childhood before we moved to Nevada. When I was around 6 or 7 my mother had a best friend who I will call Steve. He was her best friend. Not her lover or anything like that (he had a girlfriend of his own who my mom was also friends with). Like I said he was her best and closest friend she had and he was always really nice to my little brother and I. "Steve's" dad was divorced but was seeing this lady who had a son about my mom and Steve's age. He was from out of state and was coming into town so Steve's dad asked him to take him out and show his girlfriend's son a good time. My mother was invited but having two kids wasn't able to make it.

As a side note: I think my readers should understand that my mother has had a tough life. She became pregnant with me her senior year of high school, had me shortly after graduation, was left by the man who impregnated her when I was maybe 1. She got married about 1 or 2 years later and shortly after had my little brother. The man she married turned out to be a monster a man that she had met at church nonetheless. He mentally and sometimes physically abused her. My family had to move her out while he was at work because he wouldn't let her leave and would grow even more violent when she would try. My first memory as a small child would be after my family had moved her... We were driving home from my grandparent's house and he found us, ran her car off the road, and I remember his fist breaking through my mother's driver side window. I remember the sound and I remember my baby brother and me in the back seat screaming our heads off crying. Back to the story of Steve.

So he took this guy out, it was just the two of them going to the bar. Steve wasn't heard from again after that night. They found his body at the bottom of a well with fatal gunshots to his head some time later. Having been with my mother through all of the terrible things she had gone through, she was devastated. The guy Steve had gone out with confessed that he was the one who had murdered him and dumped his body. It wasn't for money or over a fight or anything... This guy was just no bueno, and later confessed to killing another person after Steve. Forgive me that this is so terribly long but I must let this all out as I have been holding onto all of this for a very long time and unfortunately I cannot just tell you about my experiences without giving you the whole story.

We've had several kitty cats since Steve's death and when I was younger (I never noticed this until I was about maybe 8 or 9 and even when we were living in Nevada this would happen), but all my cats would always stare at something. I've always felt that my mother, little brother, and I had guardians around us, but after seeing the way my cat would act sometimes I began to wonder if Steve was there sometimes looking over us. I remember one day in particular I was out of school for the summer and I do believe it was the summer before my Junior year of high school as we were living in this rental house waiting for my mom and her new husband (they had been married a few years by this time and he actually adopted me), they were at work and my brother was in California visiting his dad.

I was home alone in the front room watching Lord of the Rings with my kitty there with me when she began to stare towards the ceiling over my left shoulder. I looked behind me thinking she was watching a reflection of light from a passing car outside (the blinds were open) but there was nothing there and no car passing, but I could tell she was staring at something. In the past and up to the present all my cats have done this. They wouldn't just stare for 10 or 30 seconds, they would stare for minutes at a time or until I got a little weirded out and would say their name, then they would look at me, maybe jump in my lap, but then go back to staring at what they were before. I believe animals can see and sense things that we can't and on the particular day I am talking about Steve's name came to mind that that was who/what the kitties were staring at.

I cannot say that I have ever seen a ghost or a spirit but I believe I have felt them as I am very sensitive to energies. I have a couple more recent experiences, however I would like to see what people's thoughts are about the story above before I tell any more of what has happened recently on top of the fact that this story is already so long. So tell me what your thoughts are!

I know my story is not as eventful as most everyone's experiences on this site are but when my mind gets started on something it won't stop... And with this... My thoughts haven't stopped in over 10 years. Let me know if you need more info. I am very receptive to questions and ideas. If you think it's stupid I would rather you keep it to yourself. Cruelty and Callousness are not welcome by me however honest inquiries are!

Thanks for your time!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MollyMo89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Hi Molly,

What happened was terrible, it is always hard to lose someone very close.
I am not sure if what you are experiencing is paranormal, but the best judge on that would be you yourself. There is always a certain feeling about these things and if you feel that there is a gaurdian around you then there must be something there (energy/spirit...call it what you want) to make you feel that way right. It is great that you feel safe and protected because of this gaurdian, does it really matter whether something is actually there or not a long as you feel it helps you and comforts you?
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
I think that Trix made a good point and so did Snowhite. I hope as many things that went wrong in you and your family's life, that just as much good comes in the future.
I am interested in what more tales you have to share. I enjoyed reading your story, thank you for having the courage to share it with us. ❤
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
I think that it sounds like you definitely have a guardian angel, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was Steve. He was a nice person in life and cared for you, so why would that stop in death? I believe animals are very in-tune with things that we cannot see.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Hi Molly, I have to agree with Trix on this. Plus, I'm a firm believer that animals have the ability to see and hear ghosts/spirits. Mine have come back to visit in that form too. Can't wait to read your next submission. Thanks 😊 ❤
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
MollyMo-
Thanks for sharing your stories. I believe everyone has at least one (maybe more) guardian angel or spirit guide. To address your comments on religion/spiritually, I saw the following phrase somewhere and tend to agree: We may not believe in them but they believe in us. They = higher power,spirits,etc. Sorry for rambling on and thanks again for sharing.
snowhite (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Everybody should have a guardian angel. The angels protect us when we are in need. Not all people who go to church every Sunday are decent people. Sometimes demon can mix good things and bad things together and make it hard for us to see what they really are. I personally think this is a story about your family life, it doesn't have anything to do with ghosts and haunting.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Hi MollyMo89, first I want to say sorry that your past is full of these bad experiences. Just remember you can't change the past but you can learn from it. Remember a church is just a building and even a devil can sit there in disguise. My first husband went to church with me but he destroyed my life and almost the life of my two sons. I was stronger than him because after eight years of marriage I realised that he was a two faced fake that made me and my children's life hell on earth so I changed the future by leaving him because I realised that he will never change his ways. The point is what happened with your mom had an impact on your life as well. You can use it in a positive way by using that wisdom you got from what happened in the past and preventing it to happen to you in the future. Please don't misunderstand me now. What happened was terrible but on the end of the day it makes you a stronger wiser person. Please send us your experiences I would like to read them. And it is true animals can see things we don't. Take care and best wishes. Trix ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: