You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It My Imagination Or Was It Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Imagination Or Was It Real?

 

I am 18 years old and I currently live in Tampa, Florida. But the experience I am going to talk about happened when I lived in Cocoa, Fl. I moved here in August of 2011 from New York. The house had 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a huge backyard and front yard. That day my parents came to visit (I live with my grandmother) and they wanted to go to the beach. I was not feeling good that day, so I stayed home. Everyone left around 2 in the afternoon. I decided to clean the house and cook some food for myself since I was going to be home alone for a very long time. Cleaning the house and cooking took me at least two hours. After a while I was starting to get bored, so got on the laptop and started video chatting with a friend of mine. I had been video chatting for long time that day. Suddenly my friend had to go, which after that I felt alone.

Once it was 7 in the afternoon, it was starting to get dark outside. I stood in the living room watching television and playing games on the laptop. All a sudden, the lights all went off and turned back on ten minutes after. For the first five minutes, I was scared because I could not see anything, but I closed my eyes and try keep my mind in a good place. When the lights turned back on, I opened my eyes and went to go use the bathroom. As I came out, I heard as if someone was playing with the dishes. So I thought that everyone had came back home, but when I went to the kitchen, no one was there. I was starting to feel a little scared but did not pay much mind to it. As soon as I sat back down on the couch, I saw a black figure standing in front of my grandmothers room. For some reason I could not take my off of it until it turned around and yelled at me, "GET OUT!" Quickly I picked up my cellphone and called my mom to tell her what I saw and to also hurry up and get home. My mothers reply was, "we will be home in a couple of minutes."

A few hours passed and my heart was still beating fast and for some reason I could not get up from where I was sitting. I did not dare to look towards my grandmother room so I kept looking out the window to the front yard. "Look away", was what I was starting to hear. I put on my headphones and listened to some music. But even through the loud music I was hearing as people were whispering right in my ear. It was all starting to freak me out so much, that I called my mother again, but no one wanted to pick up their phones.

Out of nowhere I felt something hit my arm, and I screamed. Then the black figure started walking towards me and I started to scream even louder and cry. The figure was about five feet-six inches, had a hat, and when I looked in his eyes, they were red. That was when I got up and ran behind the sofa, thinking I would be maybe a little safe. Then the window open on its own and all I could hear was people whispering so loud and that black figure kept yelling at me, still saying, "GET OUT!" But every time he would say it, he would get louder.

As soon as I hear a car drive in the drive-way I stood up to check who it was and it was my mom. Once my mom opens the house door, the black figure disappeared quickly and all the whispering had stopped.

Was this my imagination, and thinking all that was happening just because I was alone? Or was it real and if so why was the man telling me to get out? Guess I will never know, since I do not live there anymore.

Other hauntings by YoungBee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YoungBee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
I have been a member a long time... Most of the time keeping up but sometimes not and this most have posted during one of those 'not so much' times.

Some things struck me as...odd...first...no build up... Not even a hint of other ' smaller' experiences other than the OP's grandmother saying there was a weird feeling JUST where the OP saw this 'shadow figure'.

Second...the power went out... Came back on and then the OP saw this figure... Called her mother who said they would be home in a couple of minutes... Then showed up TWO HOURS LATER... If my kid had called and described a possible person in the house... 8 or 18 if my child called with that kind of message I would be there ASAP...

Another thing... Power out... Possible person in the house... Voice saying 'GET OUT'...I would have been outside and when my parents had not shown up fairly quickly I would have called the police...

Maybe its just me... Maybe its the newest post from the OP inviting one and all to visit their 'blog' and read a 'NEW STORY' every week.

Thanks but no thank you... Its a bit much for me. So it is my opinion that this STORY is BS Blankie worthy... Just my opinion.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
Youngbee, please take a moment to read our commenting guidelines. We don't take kindly to spamming round these parts.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
If you like this story check out my blog WWW.MyScaryStories.com ill be adding more stories on there every week =) and if you have any stories feel free to message me on twitter so that we can hopefully put yours there to.
Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
[at] Youngbee
The man is dead, yes, but he's not a ghost anymore. He is a thing commonly referred to as a shade.

Shades are a collective of none or 1-3 ghosts with the memories of the location as well as the energies from this location in order to portray a negative entity which guards the location, mostly against everyone.
Shades are S-t-S, or service to self, entities that care not of anything but themselves. It is possible for them to become a "person," in the sense of becoming a living soul, and thus reincarnate, instead of an imprint but this is very rare.

What you heard was the man's telepathy, or soul-to-soul communication. Ghosts, shades, and astal entities [entities within The Astral Dimension, where the afterlife is] all use this as their primary language to communicate with, but it is not direct.
But, yes, ghosts and astral entities CAN, and do, use the language/dialect/macro dialect instead of telepathy but not so often.

Advice: Purify your house then get someone to get rid of the shade.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
[at] ChengSifu Yes, the voice that I heard that night did sound like a man.
ChengSifu (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
It doesn't make sense if that's your grandma, likely to be some other "inhabitants". Btw, is the voice coarse, does it sound like a man?
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
[at] Radikel0us Other times I still felt as it was still around. That was my first time being alone in that house. Other people who lived there said that they heard voices but never seen anything.
Radikel0us (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
It's good to know that you did eventually "GET OUT!" of there. Question, did this ever happen again? Or were you just never alone. Also I wonder if anyone else had experienced this that lived/lives there!
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
[at] StMikal, My grandmother felt as a heavy dark felling every time she passed the section where the shadow was at. She told me to not pay mind to it and pray because if it was real than all they trying do is play with my mind.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
[at] Michore, That was my grandmothers first time living in that house as well. We moved there couple months after my grandfather died in NY.
ChaosStopper (2 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Well I suggest you pray every night...
And I guess when hes saying get out I thin he has a trap set just for you but when you see him again you should just pray for him and yell back "GET OUT!"
😊
stemah (8 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
[at] BunnyPanda

18 = eighteen = eight teen = teen ager

Sounds like someone protecting the house.

This comment from BunnyPanda is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

kiwi12345 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
maybe that was his house when he was alive and still thinks its his, that would explain why he said get out
Jimmiejam (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Maybe the spirit got used to your nan living there and thought you were an intruder in her house. Since you were alone and the spirit may not have been around when both you and your nan were together, it didn't know that you were part of the family, and it was looking after the property.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
It sounds like a shadow person. I have had experiences with those nutters. Read my story to see my experience with them. The only different thing about your story is that this being yelled at you. I really don't hear much stories about them actually talking, just being seen for the most part. Has your grandmother ever had experiences in that home? What did she say when you told her what happened to you?
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I think if you doubt it didn't really happen. As you're the only witness of this happening only you can tell whether it really happened or not.
Michore (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I have heard of a lot of incedents like that, regarding a tall black figure waring a top-hat with red eyes, usually outside. Why the it would tell to to get out was probably provoking it by interfering with its "goals" whatever is may be.

Maybe your grandmother lived alone for maney years and its trying to secretly single her out, making her feel alone and such. But if your grandmother is very fond of you, its invluances is obvously rendered useless. That's just my theory

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: