You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Imagination, Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

My Imagination, Or Something Else?

 

On a school night, I had just turned the light off and got settled into my bed and I felt breathing on my face. I paid no attention to it. This carried on for two days and then stopped.

However, one night I woke up because I thought my sister was trying to get into bed with me. It felt like she was grabbing my arm and shaking it. As I pulled my arm away, it clicked in my mind that it couldn't possibly be my sister as she hasn't tried sleeping in my bed since we shared a room with each other when we was six and seven, and my bed is pressed up against the wall. When I realised it wasn't my sister I laid on my back and pulled the blanket up even more. It then felt like something straddled my legs and pressed my arms down by my head. (I know this sounds like sleep paralysis, and I'm more than happy for that to be the case, but I was able to move my arms up, as I tried shaking whatever was holding me down off, and as sad as it sounds, I did whimper like a baby.) After awhile I was able to roll onto my side, and I buried myself under the blanket.

For two weeks after this I didn't go into my room until I was going to sleep. The fear faded after two weeks because nothing happened since.

Months passed and I was visiting my aunt with my sister. Now the first night was fine, apart from me finding it hard to sleep. But the second night my sister wanted to swap sides, as she didn't like her side, so we did. I felt someone tap my bum, but because I was sleeping next to my sister, I thought it was her. It happened once again so I moved further away from my sister.

When morning came I jokingly told my sister that I wasn't sharing a bed with her again as she sleeps too close to me and then told her about how she tapped or kicked me, and she replied, "Sorry, but I did move over when you asked." I remember her moving even further onto her side of the bed, because I felt the blanket lift up as she pulled away but I know that I didn't ask her to move as I had moved myself.

I have no idea if this was a paranormal entity, or my imagination. I would greatly appreciate if someone would comment about having a similar thing happen to them, or even someone telling my I'm over imagining. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, E-96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rasc25 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
That is creepy! Sounds like a ghost or poltergeist. Have you tried blessing you and your home? That might work if you believe in it.
deliriumdreamsicle (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Is it also possible that during the sleep paralysis you were dreaming/hallucinating that you were moving? That happens to me a lot
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
If you're able to move, then that makes sleep paralysis unlikely. I wouldn't rule out a potential sleep disorder yet though, there are many different ones that have different symptoms. As it seems everything you've experienced happened when trying to sleep, I would suggest researching sleep disorders and see if anything sounds like what you're going through.
Have you experienced anything at any other time? Or only when trying to sleep?
Mangrit1256 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Well I don't know anything about sleep paralysis but what happened at your aunt's place was probably nothing. You may have told her to move while half asleep even though she didn't need to move because you did, because when people are trying to sleep they get things slightly wrong. I've consciously said things at night and then had a really hard time remembering it in the morning. People are just like that. I realise it's exciting to think something paranormal happened even though you hope not. The beginning is freaky though, I hope it doesn't happen again!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
I aswell think this is explainable but I wouldn't just leave it at that. I realy do believe ist stress but there might be something more to this story. And it might take a little longer to explain it.
Fromjupiter (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
I have had similar experiences. Once in a while I get the same thing. My arms start to kind of lift to my head and get pressed down. I'm able to resist and move. Somehow I am not scared so I just let it happen. I feel a pressure on my body but not paralyzing. After a while it fades away and I go back to sleep.

I have studied sleep paralazys a lot and i'm sure it's not it. But like you, i'm a bit confused too.
Is it your own fear you feel in your head building up?
Do you get any wierd feelings before it happens?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
E-96, I'm not sure but it could be a case of sleep paralysis. Have you been having any stress related problems lately? Although you could be somewhat of an sensitive. Which means you somehow seems to draw spirits to you. And they just want a little attention. I'm sure though someone will come along and give you some great insight as to what could possibly be going on. Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: