You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Ghost Who Cussed

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Who Cussed

 

In July of 2009, I bought a trailer and set it up on my parents' property. Nothing truly "unusual" happened, other than the typical knocking on doors, shadows, footsteps until the night of October 10, 2009.

My 2 oldest grandsons had spent the night. Now to set the stage, you need to know where all the players were. My daughter, Jerrica, was at work. My little boy, Dalton, and youngest grandson, Jacob, were in Dalton's bedroom; TV on, door shut. Oldest grandson, Blake, was in the living room watching an animated Batman DVD. My parents and I were sitting at the kitchen table playing Yahtzee. It was approximately 8:25 p.m., getting close to when the boys and I needed to leave to pick up Jerrica. The kitchen and living room are one big room.

All is silent, just the sound of the TV and the dice when all of a sudden, out of completely nowhere, I heard a man say "SH*T." Just that, nothing else. The sound came from the corner of the living room near the TV. Almost as if a man was standing by the TV, facing the kitchen, which means he would have been standing right at the end of Blake's feet. The word wasn't in anger and didn't sound as if he was trying to scare us. It was matter of fact - SH*T.

I looked at my mom and dad; neither of them acted like they had heard anything. I thought to myself, "I know I heard that." I looked at Blake and realized he must have heard it too because his eyes were round. Blake turned to me and said "Mimi, someone said a bad word." I said "You heard that too?" He said he did and wanted to know who said it. Mom and Dad still haven't said anything; didn't even react to Blake's question. So Blake again said "Mimi, who said that?" I told him I didn't know and I yelled for Dalton.

Now, keep in mind, Dalton's bedroom door is shut and the TV is on. I can't hear the TV or Dalton and Jacob playing. So when I was finally able to get Dalton's attention, he came into the kitchen and I asked him if he said a bad word. He said "what?" I asked him again if he said a bad word. I believed him when he told me he didn't. For one reason, if Dalton had said a bad word, Jacob would have yelled loud enough to be heard outside. So I asked Dalton if Jacob said a bad word and he told me "no." Dalton said they were just in his room playing. He also wanted to know what bad word. I told him it didn't matter what word it was; I just wanted to know if either he or Jacob said it. And considering this was an adult male voice, I knew it was neither Dalton nor Jacob, but I had to eliminate the suspects!

At that point it was time to leave to pick up Jerrica. I stopped the DVD where it was and told Blake he could finish watching it when we got back home. On the way to pick up Jerrica, Blake again asked me who said that bad word. I told him I didn't know, but maybe it was on Dalton's Batman movie. Dalton said "No it's not. They don't say bad words in my movie." I told him he didn't know that for sure and we'd watch it again when we got home. Dalton, bless his heart, stuck to his guns and told me again that they don't cuss in his movie. He actually got a little heated about it. So I raised my voice and told him he did not know that for sure and we would watch the DVD when we got home. End of discussion.

After we got home and everyone got settled, we all sat in the living room and I rewound the DVD a little bit and pushed play. We watched that entire episode, on Closed Caption, and there was nothing that we could have mistaken it for. And there is no talking at the point in the movie where Blake and I heard the man say sh*t.

Move ahead to April 21, 2010, I was in the middle of watching an episode of Ghost Hunters. During the investigation, 2 of the investigators asked for a sign that anyone was there; you know, their typical questions, etc. So I was completely amazed when I heard "help" in response, but the investigators didn't react at all. I couldn't believe I had heard it and they didn't. A second later they said something along the lines of "hey, what was that noise over there?" or something like that. But that noise was not what I heard. I distinctly heard the word "help" and it came from what I thought was my TV. Unfortunately I drifted off during the Analysis and wasn't able to figure out whether or not they caught the word with their equipment. During the Reveal, nothing was mentioned.

After I realized maybe they didn't have a ghost speaking to them, maybe I had one speaking to me, I talked to him. I asked him if he needed help or if he was just trying to get my attention. I also told him that obviously I could hear him, so if he wanted to talk to me I would listen. I actually shut up for a few minutes to see if he'd say anything. Nothing. I then asked him to knock on doors, walls, etc. Nothing. Now, that word was as clear as when he said "sh*t." I know what I heard and I know when and where I heard it. The funny thing is, it was in the same general area where Blake and I heard him talk before.

Since Ghost Hunters plays reruns, I have seen that episode a couple of times and I've never heard the word "help." And I pay very, very close attention every time I watch that episode, just to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
lol Miracles what ifs send me round the bend at the best of times. πŸ˜‰
I wondered if he was watching the DVD and what you heard was him reacting to something in the plot.πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
And do you know, that isn't even what I had intended to say LOL. I had planned on telling you that when this incident occurred, offsite some of us were discussing the time theory. What ifs and all that. What if the time between him saying "sh*t" and "help" wasn't months between like it was when he was heard? What if it was a cry for help but the way it was heard made it appear as if it were two completely different incidents? Ah, what ifs, gotta love 'em. πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Thanks, Tweed 😊 There have been many male-related incidents at our home that I want to say are the work of our Tuttle guy, like the whistling, "Roger", and "about time", but all I have to base it on is what I feel.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Miracles, this is one of the funniest experiences on here. πŸ˜†
I hope he isn't in any great need for help, or if he was he's sorted it out. Got to wonder what he was exclaiming about during the DVD moment. πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
And please, please please please, don't send us emails that are just plain crazy. No threats, no declarations of undying obsession, and we really, seriously do not care what color your undies are. Or when the last time you washed them was. For the love of all that is holy, let's keep it sane.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Yes. It's hard enough to get through all of the submissions, and then to make the decision to reject a story, most times, isn't taken lightly. We confer, we go over submissions guidelines, we go over Moderator/Editor guidelines, etc.

To reiterate, problems with moderation should be addressed to Martin, the site administrator.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
To all of our members, I have a couple things I'd like to address.

If you have submitted a story, or more than one, please do not send me an email asking for my help with that story. That is why we have this site, to get as much help or advice as possible. If I don't comment on your story, it could be that I just don't have anything to offer that hasn't already been said.

Also, if you have a story, or more than one, that has been returned, do not send that story to a different mod asking for their opinion. We stand behind each other's decision and would not go behind the other's back to disagree with it.

If you have any issues with anything we do, you are always welcome, and many times strongly encouraged, to send an email to administration.

Thank you 😊
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Back in 2003 I was 11 years old I heard my uncle calling my name I checked he was not home he is not dead so what could this be?
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Miracles: Hey, I told you I would read this story almost 2 weeks ago. I forgot the discussion we had that made you mention this though haha. Anyways, I actually read this story when you first published it. It was still a good read the second time. I wonder if this spirit was watching batman with Dalton, and one of batman karate kicks made him say that bad word πŸ˜†. I don't know about the other part though. Hmmm, that's really strange.

Thank you for sharing 😊
Sam-the-ghost (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-28)
I have heard spirts say somethings amoung the lines of what this one said. Just a simple "sh*t" or something, it just wanted to be known.

😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
applerose - I wondered what happened to you! πŸ˜† And, yes, I'm the one who asked the question. Of course I think you have a ghost! LOL! Sounds like you might have a sympathetic one too, like the old lady BadJuuJuu and I both had.

As for your glasses, have you asked for them back yet or help finding them? I've done that a couple of times when I've looked everyfreakinwhere and can't find them.

Glad to see you back, lady. Did you happen to get a chance to read my "Helpful Ghosts" stories? I submitted them just for you πŸ˜†
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Miracles,

First I would like to say - what an interesting story - you always have great stories. Let me know if anything changes or if you hear anything else.
Its been a while since you and I have exchanged notes - between the move and all - its been hectic on my end - I think you had asked me at one time - how long does it take for me to notice things once I get into a new home. At least I think it was you - I know someone asked me that - Well its been nothing big or should I say big enough to submit a story - but we have been in our new apt since Late November - and I have been noticing shadows - mainly in the hallway - between the bathroom and my sons room. And one time I was sick with the flu and felt someone sitting on my feet - and now my glasses are missing - and I know that I laid them down in the bathroom yesterday morning around 6:30 a.m. And since about 8:30a.m.yesterday I have yet to find them. I think I may have a ghost - what do you think? πŸ˜•
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Miracles,
Well, as long as you are not being haunted by the ghost of Mr. Whipple, we should be OK. Have a great weekend!

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Lou - that brought out a big laugh πŸ˜† and visions of the Charmin bears!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Miracles,
Good call checking out the DVD, I would have done the same... Between the nature of the cuss and the plea for help, I think you should put out a trigger object for future activity...I'm thinking a roll of Charmin would do.

;) Lou
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Sorry Cosmogal, I meant I hope they don't read our post on your stories... Especially mine LOL πŸ˜†
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
thanx for clearing that up for me, hard to know what kind of area you live in.
Now I know, I will discretely remove my assumption, and avoid from blaming the cat (though if is even remotely anything like mine, it's far from innocent).

Whoever said that it isn't able to bring about a lot of energy to communicate reguarely, I think is probably on the right path.
Dont know what else to say other than, damn.
I've seen a lot of things, heard many more, but only once have I heard something so clear as a womans voice. In a haunted chapel type area of a building, me and 7 people heard a woman scream from it, we was just outside the door. As we entered the dark room, 2 light bulbs from the ceiling decided to blow - even though they were not not on... Directly at the time we opened the door to investigate the scream. They fell from the ceiling, and these were bulbs in an old fashion style that the would be placed in the sockets not hanging, but standing upwards, making it much harder for them to simply fall. With a big bang and flash all in the same time as we began to open the door. 30 minutes later we got a heavy table, table tibbing, spinning, and moving to places we asked (example, a fire place that we could see, we asked it to take us to the fireplace... Which it did not take us too... We was confused... It took us to another wall... Which we later found out in the history of the place, that wall was exactly where the original fireplace stood many years before restoration)... All proceeding in such fashoin that Taps or Most Haunted would be sooooo jealous. Lol.

Anway thanks for the story... And clearing up what was on my mind.
❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
cosmogal - thank you for pointing that out. It could have taken that much energy for him to only get the one word out loud enough for me to hear.

BTW - working on your journal yet? LOL! Ammunition or Evidence is really what it should be called instead of a diary or journalπŸ˜†
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Ohhh and I almost forgot... Daz what's this about hoping yours and Miracles's children don't read my stories? Ah well I can't say I blame you. I wouldn't want to expose the innocent minds to my medicaly induced mania either. LOL! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
It could be that this entity only had enough energy to say one word loud enough for anyone to hear on both occasions. Perhaps that is why it didn't respond again when you asked him to speak again or knock on something. I like DCinAz's theory too about him being embarrassed for cursing. Cool story Miracles 😊 ❀
Rashidah (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
πŸ˜† ok then. I have the license and the copyright now to repeat what you say 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Butthead, I do believe it was the same man: same tone of voice and adult male.

I appreciate you asking the questions and I do not take offense at all. I live on 10 acres of my parents' property, which is bordered on 2 sides by woods and my back yard ends in a very large creek. The only neighbors I have are my parents and one elderly lady who lives across from my parents.

It is impossible for anyone to be on my property and me not know it since I have 2 dogs that roam free. They let me know when anyone/anything is in my yard, if you get my driftπŸ˜‰

Any other thoughts are welcome.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Daz, I'm afraid this Journal may be what Jerrica uses to help put me away! But I will be in good company, hey mate? πŸ˜†

I've told Dalton that one day he can read my Journal, and he knows that it contains all of his and Jerrica's stories too. He thinks it's "awesome!"

And, yes, I know where you're heading with the hands.

No, Daz, we're definitely not right in the head! But I'd rather be loonie, than be normal!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
DARKNESS - Because my story was so long to begin with, and I can't be sure this is related to my request for "give me signs," I didn't feel right including this in my story. But later that evening, after my kids and I had gone to bed, I heard the distinct thud of the cabinet doors in my bathroom shut twice--two different times within the space of 5 minutes. Since my bathroom and bedroom have an adjoining door, I know it wasn't either of my kids because the bathroom light didn't come on and I didn't see or hear either of my children go into my bathroom.

The next 2 days there were "odd" things that happened that could be "blamed" on my ghost, but since I can't prove it, I can't blame him LOL!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Granny - as many "skeptics" as there are in my friends and family network, I have to try and debunk everything. Even when I know what is what. Can't leave any stone unturned or any room for doubt, you know?

And no, I haven't "heard" from this guy since he said help, but... Dalton has seen abig "dad" sized shadows recently. As a matter of fact, October 25th, Dalton saw a big shadow heading into my bathroom where our little ghosties like to "help" out. So maybe?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
DCinAZ - going to combine comments here. 1st - Dalton and I just had a similar discussion about blame. I explained to him that it is not nice to blame things on our ghost, so make SURE it isn't something else. Of course, the conversation was a bit more in-depth than that, but I think you guys can get the gist of it.

2nd - the cat ALWAYS gets blamed. Rex is the Demon Cat from Hell!

3rd - I never thought about him being embarrassed about cussing in front of women and children. I have always imagined him to be a gruff old famer who was matter-of-fact in speaking. After talking to some "family" members about this (you know who you are!), I'm thinking along the lines of our timeline isn't necessarily the same as his. What took 6 months for me to hear, may have been 2 words spoken together for him.

There is so much unknown about all this that I'm not even going to pretend to know what the heck I'm talking about. This is just my theory, and I'm open to discussing others.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
BadJuuJuu - 372 Karma points makes me think there are lots of other people who believe you know what you're talking about! LOL!
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
"You know what just dawned on me is maybe it got embarrassed after being heard cussing in front of the women and children. Then after asking for help, was too ashamed to repeat itself."

DCinAZ that's brilliant
😁 good thinking x
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
sorry I'm tired and just wondered 2 things...
Can you recall if both the 'help' word and 'sh*t' sounded in a similar voice/tone etc?

And is it possible that someone could have been outside the window, picking up a ball or something and falling over or almost hurting themself in some way while trying to retreive a ball (or whatever reason someone could have for being outside your particular window... I know I have been outside a window and not wanted to be seen because its not my property, and when either thinking I was being seen or slipping over, I know that my vocal response would be 1 of two 4 letter words to choose from.

I don't doubt your story at all, Just want to help in ruling out any possibilites.

Ta for sharing
❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Good point DC! But maybe Miracles was not meant to have heard it at all in the first place perhaps? That then borders along dimesional shifts? It gets deeper and deeper lol. 😁

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: