You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Scary Hair Pulling

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Hair Pulling

 

Hi everyone. Last year I moved into an apartment with two roommates and my son. The haunting/weird happenings didn't start happening until about maybe halfway into the year. I would feel someone sitting on the edge of my futon bed. One time, my cover was pulled a few inches away from me. Sometimes I like to sleep on the ground with my son. Its comfy pretty normal for us. One time I heard loud jumping in the middle of the room. It stopped, shuffled close to my legs, stood there, and then crossed over my legs onto the side where the wall is. I was extremely scared and couldn't move. I always sleep with my cell next to me, so I was able to call my roommate next door and she came in. As soon as she came in, I was able to move and my son and I slept in her room the rest of the night.

I talked to my coworker about this, and she said to burn some sage and herbs like that. So that night I boiled some thyme, sage, and rosemary, and walked into every room with the pot steaming. It seemed to work, and I didn't have any weird happenings anymore for a while. Months later, I felt someone sit on the end of my futon bed. This freaked me out, so I ignored it. Besides that, I always felt weird being alone, as if eyes were looking at me.

After our year lease was up, my son and I moved into a one bed room duplex. Nothing happened, until a few weeks ago. I felt someone trying to push me aside. I'm guessing they wanted room to sleep on too? But I woke up and pushed back so that I was in the middle of the bed again. It was really weird. I would feel these chills. Then just last night, I almost wanted to cry.

I was sleeping on my side, and I woke up to a feeling of someone pulling the top of my hair. I could feel it hurting, and it was a firm pulling of my hair. At the same time, I felt pressure on my body, and felt chills. It was trying to push me, but my whole body started feeling pressured and numb. I fought so hard to move and open my mouth and eyes. It went on for a few minutes, with me struggling. Then I was able to open one eye, and it was hard keeping it opened. It felt like weight was on my eyelid. I saw something, like a figure.

It was really weird. It looked like nothing was there, yet there was a weird figure. There was a weird yellow goldish outline to this blob figure. I couldn't hold my eyes opened anymore, so I closed it. I was extremely freaked out, and wanted to call my friends. I laid there, wishing to fall back asleep and have this go away. At some point I did, and dreamed this was happening, and I called my friend and told her I needed her help and to come over. I became conscious again, and realized I was dreaming, and that there was still someone pulling my hair and there was still pressure on my body.

I had another dream where I was trying and trying to get a friend to come over, each time only waking up to realize it was only a dream and I couldn't move to get my cell.

Finally, I fell back asleep again, and had this weird dream of a killer in the house, going inside, finding him, and running out ASAP, and meeting my friends at the front of the house. It wasn't my house. It was this small house with a fence and flowers? But I knew the police were coming and we stayed out front to wait for them, or the killer to come out. Then I woke up to my son crying, and realized I was able to move again.

I turned the light on, gave my son a bottle, and just lay there, feeling chilly and sweaty and scared. I left the lights on, and called my friend to talk to her. I just needed to talk to someone about this.

After this, it was harder to fall asleep, and so I lay there, dozing off, and finally decided to get up and head out for the day.

I still can't be calm about this. I will boil some herbs, and my friend told me to tell the thing that I am renting and this is my duplex, and it needs to learn to share, and if not, throw corn around, because in our culture, corn is supposed to attack them?

I don't know anymore. Any advice?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, flats, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BlackenedAngel (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
fear feeds them, a show of strength & dominace will help. Other entities tend to draw fear out of us whenever they prey on our agony. But only works on some violent spirits & entities, demon on the other hand are more stubborn (which is I hate) they will fight & do damage so the right thing to do in a demon infestation is to call experts & seek help. A little prayer will help to guard your house. Try lighting up some incense. 😁
chynababe1234 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
call an exorcist, perform a spirit calling with a EXPERIENCED medium or if all else fails go into your bedroom where this phenomena is occuring and hold a cross in one hand and a bible in the other then you must scream evil spirits that wish to harm me please leave me alone so mote it be.
loveghost (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
ok... I know you are scared this has happened to me many times; I'm only 13. Most of the time the earth bounds is trying to talk to you! It might seam like they or it istrying to hurt you but it just wants to talk to you and other signs have not worked! You can't run from it just don't show them fear and show them you control them they don't control you! GOOD LUCK!
summiena (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
i think you need some professional help. If this is a poltergeist, there is a chance it might turn from mischievous to violent, and this could harm you psychologically and possibly physically. I wouldn't let it get any more serious
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
It seems this visitor of yours is a little bit of a brat, Bothering you in your sleep and such.

That is a spirit, you are a body and spirit combined.
Because of that you have an inherent power over this, It's your residence so tell it to leave you alone.

Tips:
Dont show fear, it will quickly be used against you.
Prayer really does help.
Some happy music is nice for the "creepy" moments (you know when you just feel weird).

I wish you well.
Gary
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
That is scary... What is your culture? You mentioned the herbs so I just made the assumption you are Native American. You probably know better then me what kind of herbs or ceremonies you could have done to get rid of this thing. If you are Christian... I would get the place blessed or get some holy water and put it near your bed. Whenever I move to a new place... Whether I can feel something there or not... I always say...I'm the new tenant... I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone and we'll get a long great. I've never had any issues and I lived in homes over 100 years old. The one I live in was built in 1889. I've never felt my hair pulled although I have felt a light touch at the top of my head... Kind of like a gentle tap... It doesn't bother me... I think it's my guardian angel. Hope you get some relief from this... It sounds very unpleasant and scary. Good luck with everything.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
My advice? Get some Cold Iron. It's tradionally been used to help keep at bay malevolent ghosties or other critters:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Hey. I would tell you to just pray. Everytime you get that feeling like some one is there or you have a dream. Pray, and tell it, it has to leave you alone and get out of your house and go to wher eit belongs. I believe praying will keep it away from you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: