You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Father's Haunted Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Father's Haunted Encounter

 

I am a descendant from a wealthy landowner's Hindu family from the Punjab, India. This incident happened with my father in 1981 when he was sixteen years old. My father unlike his other siblings was least interested in studies so he helped my grandfather in the family business; which was wine contracting. My grandfather owned twenty two liquor stores at one point but the whole family being orthodox never tasted a drop of liquor. My family home was in a town about sixteen km away from Sub Division Dasuya in Distt. Hoshiarpur in Punjab.

It was late at night all the servants had left and my father was there doing the accounting. He looked at the time it was midnight! My father quickly packed everything and locked up the shop and started his Bullet. He was driving really fast as it was a chilly night and since it was 1981 his only source of light was his bike's headlight and the occasional streetlight. Midway through my father was getting close to a place where there was a railroad crossing on the side of the road not the middle. All of a sudden my father claims, he heard the blow of a train coming from a distance and saw headlights and he began to slow down until he stopped in front of the crossing opposite a peepal tree. He then said he saw his front tire go off his bike and it kept rolling back and forward in front of him, the train was coming closer... Jerk! My father jerked his head, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop except the sound of the night, no train and his wheel was okay!

My father felt a breeze on his right leg. In front of him he saw a state bank of India which had a wall light he rolled his bike forward and went under the light, his wheel was fine but his pants on the right leg were ripped from his groin region to the ankle! What was this my father was confused. He started his bike and did not stop until he reached home. My grandmother and grandfather were worried sick!

My father explained the whole situation, suddenly my grandfather's face had an expression, he said he knows the reason that happened; many years ago on that exact spot, two women who were presumably Sikh women, were hit by a truck there and died on the spot but no one performed there death rights so they still haunted that place. Now my family are Shaivities and we worship Shiva and Devi but also a regional child God called Baba Balak Nath who is an incarnation of Shiva and his son Kartikeya. My grandparents did not have a heir after three daughters so they worship Baba Balak Nath and were granted my father and followed by my uncle. The males in my family wear a raksha kavach of Baba Balak Nath and that is why my father was unharmed.

Many people had this experience before and after my father, so the Sikh community holds a special service on the exact spot every year to appease the souls of those two women. Even to this day when my father drives on this road when we visit India, he always says a prayer when we pass that peepal tree.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thakursahib, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ilajenz2 (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
hey thakursahib... This is megha kaur can you please tell me the location
ilajenz29 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-14)
it was great thakursahib
I being a punjabi liked this but what had exactly happened to the family members of the 2 women weren't they concerned about them please try to find out and can you please tell me the exact location cause I live in punjab and in the same hoshiarpur and even at late nights I use a road whith railway crossing and peepal tree so this freaked me out you can have my mail id
Megharaja123[at]yahoo.com 😐

Love and regards
MEGHA KAUR ❤ ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Thats some story I always like to hear of paranormal encounters from differant religions its very interesting, I hope that the woman do eventually move on to there next destination.

Thank you for your story.

Dan
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Shame that no one was able to perform the rites for these women when they died. I hope your father's prayers and the services held in their honor will eventually help them to cross over.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: