You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Beginning Of It All

Real Ghost Stories

The Beginning Of It All

 

I have been thinking a lot lately about the very first paranormal experiences I had when I was little. I am 24 and I live in Texas now, but I was born in El Salvador. I lived there until I was 13. This story takes place there.

I was about 6 years old and I remember I lived with my mom, dad and sister, in this old colonial Spanish style house. I had my own room, my sister did too. My room had this huge closet made of dark wood, very vintage looking type. I remember being very afraid of it, never I slept looking at it. I always slept on my left side (the closet was on my right). I didn't know why I felt like that.

One day I remember walking with my doll in my hands looking for another toy. I thought I left it in my dads studio/library so I went in there. When I walked in, I remember seeing aa old man with a white mustache, white hair, dressed in brown. I remember thinking "this old guy lives in my closet" and after that I never slept in my room. I asked to be moved to my sister's room and never went inside the studio again.

I never told anybody, not even my sister. One night, I was in bed with my sister talking. The house was quiet, our parents were in their room. Everybody was ready to go to sleep when we heard a noise coming from the kitchen. Like pots and pans being clapped and banged and tapped to each other like playing music. My dad said out loud, "OK kids, come up to sleep. Stop playing." (our parents bedroom was right next to ours) We answered right away,"Its not us. We are here, in bed."

I am sorry if this story does not have more detail. I don't remember more than a few flash backs but I will continue to write my stories according to my age, until I get to this year. Every time you will have more details as I am older in the next stories. Thanks for reading:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karengm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
In present encounters, do not hesitate to take a commanding position, instead of an observing and passive attitude with the ghost. Ask it any questions and demand it to answer you, and tell it will be punished for not answering right now. Tell it to materialize in front of you. Then tell it confidently that you are its master, and give it things to do. Sounds like a good experiment? I think it will tell a lot about ghosts.
ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
wow that's creepy. Somehow kids have more accute senses of spirits- they know of a presence or where its from etc.- theyre more mentally aware of spirits. Its similar kind of thing with animals.
klm123 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
the same here but we were all downstairs watching a film and there was a huge bang from upstairs my mother said it could have been the wind but I thought differantly I went up to have a look and there was a litte girl with long black hair standing by my wardrope 😐
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Hi;

Well, assuming it was not your imagination, it could be demonic in nature. I'd counsel having Catholic Holy water on hand - just in case. Additionallt, saying "Jesus and Mary help me" stops their advances, at least for the moment. If you need more, drop me an email at Dukes2352atAOL.com. God bless you. Merry Christmas.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: