You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: In The Beginning: The Music Player

Real Ghost Stories

In The Beginning: The Music Player

 

I've had many paranormal experiences that date back to before I was out of my crib. This story however is the beginning of my more recent, drawn out, and terrifying predicaments. Things began to happen four years ago when I first came home on breaks (I attended a boarding school at the time.) I was 16 years old. I had lived in the house previously with my father in middle school but nothing had happened up until that point. The house is a large modern home in the country. At the time of my first pass home my father was living at the house with his fiancé and her 18-year-old daughter, we'll call her Lisa, who's room was down a small flight of stairs from mine.

The first night home I can remember feeling uneasy as soon as I got in the door. My uncertainty only grew worse as I got to the second floor and then up to my room. That night I lay in bed awake, experiencing what I can only describe as a horribly wrong feeling. I heard footsteps and Lisa's door open then close and assumed that she had gotten home late from her friends house. I decided that I needed to relax so I grabbed my CD player, popped my head phones in and crawled back into bed placing the player on my stomach and trying to ignore my uneasy mind. After about two songs the player started to skip back in the song over and over again to the same point. I looked at the player and it didn't show any settings other than play, the disc was brand new and I'd only had the batteries for about a week or so. Then it felt and heard like someone pressed the stop button on the player, the device shut off and I became even more frightened. I looked up to see a dark, tall shadow walk past my bed and into my bathroom. I then lay awake with the covers pulled over my head until I physically couldn't stay awake any longer. I had barely drifted off to sleep when I heard music coming from Lisa's room. I figured that if she had been experiencing what I had she probably couldn't sleep, either. Needless to say I didn't sleep well the rest of the night.

The next morning I went into Lisa's room and turned her stereo off. I then wandered downstairs and asked my father's fiancé when Lisa had gotten home the night before and she explained that she hadn't come home at all, she was still at her friend's house. The next night I lay awake in Lisa's bed because I was too frightened to sleep in my own. After sharing my experiences with my soon-to-be step mother she slept in the room across from Lisa's that night to help give me some peace of mind. She told me she did it all the time for Lisa because she was often too scared to be upstairs alone. Despite my fear nothing happened that night and I went back to school the next day. In fact nothing happened again until my next trip home, but more on that later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anna_marie235, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anna_marie235 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Griff84: thank you! I will be sure to look at your stories as well.

TheCrone: Not a silly question at all! The funny thing is my father does accept the idea of spirits, he and I have discussed haunted places and hoped to visit them together. The problem here was that he had bought the house with his EX wife. At that time the house was his dream home and he paid up for it. That being said we (my current stepmother and brother) believe that he just doesn't want to admit or realize that there is something "wrong" with the house. I hope that made sense!
Thank you for your question 😊
TheCrone (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
This may be a silly question but - do you know why your Father is angry about the possibility of a ghost? Can you ask him? Since you, Lisa and her mom have had experiences, it seems strange that he wouldn't start to wonder why you are all saying the same thing.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
anna_marie235, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

I shall look out for your follow up post to this one 😊
anna_marie235 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Griff84: You have a very valid point! Before I ended up staying in Lisa's room I opted to sleep on the couch downstairs. My father's fiancé (we call her M) tried to explain to my Father what had happened but I guess she had tried to tell him many times before and he became very angry. He still doesn't believe that there was or is anything there. Anyway he demanded that I stay upstairs and I opted for Lisa's room thinking that if I could see M in the room across from me it would be more comforting. Not so much haha.

As for the music M told me they weren't able to hear it from their room. I would question it as well but their room was located on the main floor on the other side of the house, being that the house is fairly big I could understand why they might not hear it.

Thank you for your interest! 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Hi anna_marie235. I'm not sure I would have stayed in Lisa's room, seeing as you heard the footsteps going to her room, the door open and close, and the music player playing all night. Seems like a lot more was going on in there than your own room.

I do wonder though why no one investigated the music coming from her room. You said you switched it off in the morning, and fair enough you thought she was in, but what about your dad and his fiancé, did they not think to investigate? If I heard music playing all night, there would be a point where I would have to say something once it got to the early hours of the morning.

Thanks for posting😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: