You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Paranormal Beginnings

Real Ghost Stories

My Paranormal Beginnings

 

My daughter and I moved into an older home (circa 1928) in 2004. At the time, my daughter was 9 years old. Neither of us had ever had any paranormal experiences, but moving into this house changed that very quickly. It began with my daughter refusing to sleep in her room. She kept telling me she was uncomfortable in there and could hear weird things. She said she couldn't really explain what she had heard or why she felt strange in there. She slept with me the entire 3 years that we lived there.

My room was only about 15 feet down the hall from her room. After living there for a few weeks I began hearing & seeing things. Several nights after we had gone to bed and all of the lights were out, I would see her light in her room come on. During the time we lived there that lamp was replaced, but the new one did the same thing... And was not in the same socket either.

I would walk into a room and the light would turn on or off, especially in the kitchen. I would often hear, "momma" in my daughter's voice, or she would hear me say her name... When neither of us had said anything to the other.

One night I was washing my face in the bathroom before bed and I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I thought it was my daughter so I said, "hold on I have soap on my face", but the tapping continued and was getting stronger. I kept telling her to hold on as I was trying to rinse the soap off. The tapping didn't stop until I looked up into the mirror and no one was there. She was sitting in the living room watching tv.

Every day for two weeks following the "tapping" incident, it kept happening. I would be tapped, turn around, and there would be no one there. The last time it happened I was in the car by myself driving down the freeway. When I happened, it was such a forceful tap that I thought someone had hidden in my car and was trying to car-jack me or something. I swerved through 2 lanes of traffic to get to the side of the road and slammed the car into park getting ready to jump out. I spun around real quick before jumping out and no one was there. I have had many more experiences since then even though we have moved to another house. I will probably share more of them in the near future.

Other hauntings by tsmiti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tsmiti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tsmiti (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments! These are all very good ideas. I have thought of a couple of them before, but I've been a little concerned that it may intensify if I do try to contact it back.
To Fergie, I think you are correct. Not only has it followed us to the house we are now living in, but I have had a few things to happen at my place of work also. That is actually the next story I plan to submit. I'm going to call it "the job shadower".
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Wow that is quite intense interaction, may I suggest before trying automatic writing to try an EVP. You would no doubt find it easier to do and also maybe more reliable. Automatic writing is good but would suit someone with a bit more experience with these matters I believe. Good luck to you. And keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
If this spirit has followed you to another house, it seems to need to get in touch with YOU. Try talking to it. It may have a message for you. Ask it questions with Yes or No answers (one tap for yes, two for no.) See what happens. I wish you luck! 🤔
strife (7 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
you have a strong spiritual level, ghost and other things are attracted by that. My dad and my brother have this too, there have been lots of times where he's seen things and felt things. If you feel like they're doing things to hurt you or scare you don't get scared just yell at them tell them they're not welcome, but if they're nice and you don't feel threatened in anyway they might just want your help, try asking them what they want next time they tap you on the shoulder.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Sounds like a ghostie is definetly trying to get your attention.

May I suggest you try some automatic writing?

Http://www.psychicbutsane.com/developing-psychic-abilities-spirit-world/how-to-do-automatic-writing

Thus this ghostie may have a way of getting through to you.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
That's always good to hear. As long as you don't feel you are in an danger then it shouldn't be too much to worry about. Perhaps in time you won't even notice it anymore. Well, you won't be able to ignore the taps, but if that's all you have to worry about then I think you'll be just fine! 😊
tsmiti (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Thanks Kuhlmad. It doesn't scare me, but my daughter is not to fond of it. However, we have never been injured or felt in danger.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
These are some creepy experiences. I can't tell if there is something trying to get your attention or just trying to mess with you. Be patient, there are several people on this site that will be able to explain your experiences better than I and be able to tell you what actions you should take to help you with the situation. Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: