You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Hauntings In The Beginning

Real Ghost Stories

My Hauntings In The Beginning

 

Background information to better picture/understand my story: my parents are divorced and I lived with my mom at the time and the house we lived in was haunted-BEFORE I was born; I have 2 older half sisters, an older half brother and a younger full brother; all my life growing up I had heard people walking down the hallway and hearing voices in the living room when everyone was asleep-like people having a conversation but you couldn't understand exactly what they were saying.

I have always had a feeling someone was watching me in my mom's house, all of my life, and until this very day I still do. It's always been mainly in my mother's bed room. Even my friends have said that. I have NEVER been able to sleep by myself in my room or in pitch darkness. I have always had to have a nightlight because of my experiences. My lil brother and I have always shared a room.

When I was little, about 7, my family decided it was going to be cool to buy an Ouija Board. Big Mistake. They thought it was just a hoax. My mom and siblings brought it out in the living room under candle light. Me and my lil brother just followed along with them because we were children of course. So we started using it and asking it questions like, "is this a spirit present in our house?" I can't remember if the spirit said yes or no, but I DO remember that after we used the Ouija Board even more creepy things began to happen...

Like during the day light, ALL of my siblings and I would hear some one call our names at random times and it would sound like one of us or our mother and when we would ask each other what we had wanted then the other person would say, "What are you talking about? I never called you."

When everyone in the house would go to bed at night, you could hear a conversation going on coming from the living room, but you couldn't understand what they were saying.

My mom's carousel would play by itself at random times and my nightlight would play music by itself too. Other times the bed would ramble a little.

I remember sitting on the couch one night-with my little brother, mom, and older brother-in the living room, and we were watching television and I WATCHED from the corner of my eye, mom's plastic bowl fall from the CENTER of the dish-drainage board and onto the floor!

You could also see shadows run down the hallway.

In my mom's bedroom she would feel the touch of a grown man feeling on her legs, UP her thigh! She doesn't have a boyfriend at all! She kept telling them to stop and eventually they would stop. (She still sees my dad, but they live in separate houses)

And when I had friends stay over occasionally they would wake up in the middle of the night and hear someone call their name as well as the footsteps in the hallway.

Besides the creepy voices and all, the lights began to turn on and off when no one was in the room... THAT was the scary part at that time. When that began to happen my mom had taken the Ouija board to a church and they burned it and then blessed our house. Most of the hauntings went away but not all of them...

One of my older sisters used a protection spell she had read out of a book and helped protect her bedroom, which was also my room at the time. It seemed to work because I never felt any evil in that room. It felt like the only safe room besides the living room.

We were never physically harmed by any of the spirits though. Thank God! They were mainly just mischievious.

Other hauntings by 8baw

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 8baw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

8baw (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Yeh that's pretty freaky isn't it ghostsrreal202 and shandi?

To Ind15000, When my sister used the protection spells, it was before she got saved. (which was also before I got saved.) I wasn't there when she had said the spell, but I was there afterwards-when she was putting whatever she had in our mom's pot onto the bedroom floor. I remember it was some kind of liquid.

To ambercrystal, I think she might have used it for the rest of the house. She said it was so long ago that she didn't really remember...Though, I do know that we had the entire house blessed by a church and that my sister did go around and put olive oil everywhere.

I'm not really sure who is haunting the house. I have tried to do research to find out about the land. I do know that the house was built over a cow pasture... So really it could be spirits from the 1800s haunting it... My mom has had spiritual experiences happen to her before I was born. Like my mom told me one time she lived in a two story house in North Carolina and that was back when she just had my older sister Theresa and older brother Ronny. (Theresa was about 8 and Ronny was 6) She was living with her sister at that point in time and her and my siblings were going to bed and they awoke in the middle of the night to feminine voice and a figure standing on the side of my Aunt's bed. My mom said that it sounded like my Aunt, but then she remembered that my Aunt had stayed the night out at a friend's house! So she quickly grabbed up my siblings and went down stairs.:/ After a couple of months later, they moved.

My mom's current house still has spirits there today according to my little brother who still lives there with our mom. They just walk up and down her hallway or talk a lot mainly now though.
ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
That happened to me too! I was in the bathroom when I heard my cousin's laugh when she wasn't at the house!
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
I used to hear my mother calling my name all the time as a child when she wasn't even home. This happened in multiple houses that I lived in as well. It just seems to be something that ghosts like to do. I have tried to research this but the only place I ever find anything is on sites like this, in other people's stories.
Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
Try the protection spells in all the rooms and maybe say a few prayers for Jesus (or whatever god you believe in) telling him to protect our house from evil spirits! Also ou may want to bless the house a second time just to be safe!
Best of luck to you! 😊
ambercrystal (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Creepy, do you have any idea of what or who is haunting that house? Besides I agree with Nysa if the protection spell worked why didn't you or your older sister use it for the rest of the house, especially the most haunted rooms?

Peace and Blessed Be!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
I am wondering why the protective chant was not used in the rest of the house once it seemed it worked in your sister's room?
lynrinth (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Wow, it sounds like your mom's house had a little bit of everything. At least nothing bad ever happened. As long as everyone is okay, and has no lasting effects, then what a thrilling, and scary, part of your life you experienced.
Sianvicki (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Scary! Were you there when she read the protection spell out? If yes what did the protection spell say because I'm having a little trouble with mean spirits now!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: