You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Jealous Bobert Has Left The Building

Real Ghost Stories

Jealous Bobert Has Left The Building

 

So to understand this story you really do need to read my first story "Bobert the Jealous Haunter", but if you couldn't be bothered reading that I'll give you a quick summary.

I have a ghost in my house; I named it Bobert because my brother's friend had a similar experience with a ghost named Robert. Bobert would annoy me all the time by opening and closing doors, knocking on walls, moving things, walking around and many other annoying things. Anyways, Bobert was doing his usual thing (annoying me) everything was normal until one night about three weeks ago.

This one day he was really bad so bad he even smashed one of my mum's crystal bowls, I was sitting on my lounge that has a clear view of the kitchen, and my mum's crystal bowl was on the counter as I was preparing for a special dinner. I sat down for only a minute then I saw a shadow go into the kitchen; I didn't think much of it just Bobert checking out what I'm doing. But then I saw the bowl sliding to the edge of the counter, falling off and smashing all over the ground. I was so angry I screamed every bad thing in my vocabulary to Bobert because I knew my mum would be angry at me as she does not believe in Bobert.

Nothing happened the next day it was like he was upset with me and didn't want to be around. That night when I was asleep I dreamt that I got out of my bed and went into my bathroom, there I saw a man standing in a corner of my bathroom with his face in the corner and his back to me. He was bald but had a bit of hair on the back of his head, from the back he looked about 30, he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and black suit pants with white pin stripes and a pair of nice leather shoes. He would not let me see his face but I knew it was Bobert, he told me he was sorry for breaking the bowl and all the bad things he has done and he then started crying. I couldn't see his tears because he still had his back to me but I could feel the overwhelming feeling of sadness, he told me he loved but it was time for him to leave and move on. He then put his hand behind his back for me to see and we entwined our pinkie fingers for a "pinkie promise". I then walked him out the front of my house but he walked in front of me so I couldn't see his face, he then got in a taxi and left and then the taxi faded as soon as it started to drive away.

The next morning I woke up and went upstairs and my house felt different, like it was empty and lonely. But it was warmer and more welcoming if that makes sense. I thought I must be going crazy but my friend came around and she asked me if I changed anything in the house because it felt different.

It has now been like 3 weeks and nothing has happened, so weird noises or anything and no weird feeling of a presence.

Do you think the dream was actually his way of saying goodbye?

Please give me some feedback on what you think.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by cactusbob

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cactusbob, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
My thinking is that he wanted to let you know that he is moving on and the dream was his way of letting you know.

Vulcan10,
As for the ghost acting like a kid but with grownup features, I think he might have a mental disorder when he was a live and like many of you on this site have said many ghost bring their traits to the afterlife, he just might have acted like when he was a life.
cactusbob (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
vulcan10-
Who knows why he did it, it was a dream
Dreams are suppose to be surreal and don't make a lot of sense I guess
But you make a good point it is a bit tarded
X
Cinx102 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
I think that it WAS his way of saying goodbye. You should feel lucky that you've had sort've a friendship with him; that's awesome. At least he wasn't mean:) Thanks for sharing!

Cindy
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
"he told me he loved but it was time for him to leave and move on. He then put his hand behind his back for me to see and we entwined our pinkie fingers for a "pinkie promise". What the? I'd laugh if it wasn't so unfunny! First of all, why in the h**l would a spirit care about spending the afterlife doing such silly mundane things and a pinky promise?! Was this ghost 6 years old? I notice now that you say he looked 30. While I don't believe that if your retarted while on earth you still are in the afterlife, it's just to stupefying for words!
KaylaRigz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
He sounds like a type of ghost that just wanted attention and companionship. When you yelled at him maybe he then got the idea "Hey, she's made at me now and I shouldn't be here anymore." That's a really unqie experience though. It sounds like he just wanted to let you know he was there all those times. 😁
ghostgirlsmileyface (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
wow that's cool 😆 I hope he doesn't annoy you anymore!
Soz it won't let me leave it just like this
suni (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Think about your life during the time period that Bobert was a part of it? Where you going through anything somewhat difficult?
I strongly believe that ghosts are spirits sent from Heaven or hell for purposes. I did not read your last story about Bobert, but it is obvious he became more of a friend than a nuecense (sp?). And maybe there came a time where you no longer needed his guidence or companionship.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
cactusbob - I can see how you would think that. Thanks for answering my question.
cactusbob (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Well he just seemed young from the back, he was bald but his hair was still a healthy colour if that also makes sense so I don't know he might oof been older bu I'm just guessing? X
polyphenols (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Hopefully he has passed on like watermoon suggested. Good luck! C:
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Bobert probably felt that it was time to leave hopefully he crossed over.
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
I hope for you he has gone. I thought my ghost/demon had gone but it came back even after moving house. But has now gone for good.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
cactusbob - how could you tell he was approximately 30 from behind? If you couldn't see any features, what makes you think he was about 30?

Have you gone through periods of time before where Bobert has been quiet and you haven't noticed him? There've been long periods of time when my ghosts have been quiet. I like to think they go on vacation LOL. Then they are back again. I'm not suggesting this is what has happened with Bobert, it's just a possibility.

Another possibility is you could have hurt his feelings when you yelled at him and he's staying out of your way for awhile.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
That is a really interesting story, especially that even your friend noticed a change in the house. Was the friend part of the ouija board session in the first story?

I hope bobert won't be bothering you anymore, good luck!
😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: