You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Weird Things That My Dad Has Seen

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things That My Dad Has Seen

 

It's been such a long time since my last story!

I really missed being on this site (I still do come here from time to time to read the submissions).

As our family is quite sensitive to the supernatural, the topic about supernatural stuff usually come up during dinner time. (Maybe at least when it's me and my dad talking... My mum and sisters are kind of not comfortable talking about it)

Last night, my dad was talking about his recent weird encounter that he believed is supernatural in nature.

He was at a hawker centre drinking coffee and he saw something that he can't really explain properly. He said "It's like a group of something was moving up the slope... I cannot really see what it is but you know, if something went past the railings (it's a shiny silver coated railing) , you will be able to see the reflection of it moving pass? I see the reflections, but I can't explain what it was but its a group of somethings not only 1."

He was baffled and confused so he looked up to see if its the reflection of something moving above the trees or maybe its a shadow of a passing cloud but nothing.

There is no wind that can cause the leaves of the tree to sway or move that will cause that reflection and the sky was clear. And also, nobody walked pass him or near by the railings that caused the weird reflection.

So he believed that its something supernatural.

The next story he told me was that when he was younger, he was working in some kind of warehouse building.

One day, he was on the way to the toilet when he saw a very very weird looking figure manifesting In front of him.

He explained that "It's like 3 stacks of wooden planks moving forward like a robot, it kept stacking up and moving forward, and it's quite fast. I can't see it clearly as it kind of like fading in and out of the background... It's very odd."

After hearing this I was both amazed and intrigued at the thought of how supernatural stuff doesn't have to be of figures that we are familiar with.

I shared with him my theory, that perhaps it's something from another dimension and somehow our plane of existence and it's plane of existence aligned and kind of like for a brief moment it merged and my dad managed to catch a glimpse of it.

There is more stuff my dad saw when he was much younger (in his kampung (village) days, where there are barely any light at night.)

But I would need to ask more about it first before sharing.

Oh! And 1 question, if you guys were to see something odd and supernatural, and you are with a friend or there are people around you but they did not notice, will you tell them about it?

My dad told me that he did not tell his friends when he encounters them because he did not want to frighten them, but I had the complete opposite idea.

I told him I will loudly exclaim and ask them to look so that at least I know I am not imagining it and it proves that it's real.

And that if I did remember, I will even take out my phone to record the evidence.

My dad gave me the most judgmental look and said "What if your friend or the people were so frightened that they fainted?"

I admit that did not come to my mind... Oops.

But... I don't know... What would you do?

Other hauntings by ThirteenStars15

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ThirteenStars15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-10)
Well, I wouldn't tell people if it looked like they didn't see it, because I don't want to make myself look crazy.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-12-20)
Hi 13***15,

Long time no speak. 😊 These are some interesting accounts from your father. During WWII and the Occupation, Singapore went through traumatic times. Have you looked into the history of the areas? Were there any more recent tragic events in the localities?

I did wonder if your father could have seen the reflection of a cloud cover, passing over the hawker centre. Having said that, I have seen odd flashes of light grey and wisps of dark shadow, and they weren't reflections. I would also have that knowing that something Other was there. If your father was certain in his gut that there were Others passing through, well maybe he did sense something...

I'm not sure about the moving planks at the warehouse, especially how they seemed to fade in and out of view. Do you suppose he could have dozed off for a few moments and had a micro-sleep? Or had a remote viewing of newly-invented machinery somewhere? Have you considered lucid dreaming, or a fleeting vision of some kind? Maybe you can ask your relative, the temple medium. She might have a better understanding of spirit lore and such things, considering your family background.

As for sharing about strange happenings, it all depends on the people you're addressing. Usually, I'd ask discreetly, have a feel for how they're going to react. If they are interested or seem fairly calm about it, I would then go into more detail about the experience.

A few years ago, I stayed with one of my cousins on my last visit to Singapore. That side of the family does not sense the spirits. One night, I saw a small Asian boy in the mirror, peeking out from under the bed. There was no one there when I checked. After finding out that my cousin didn't want to hear about anything ghostly, I kept the incident to myself. But I still cleansed the room; opened the window to let in full sun, tidied the cupboards and drawers, swept and mopped the floor under the bed, prayed and asked for blessings. Fingers crossed!

Good to hear from you. Take care and stay safe over there in Singapore.
Rajine (14 stories) (735 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-18)
Hi ThirteenStars15

I'm not really sure what it was that your dad experienced but it's fascinating nonetheless.

I usually share what I experienced with people who I know will help me either find a logical explanation or offer advice on supernatural stuff because not everyone believes in it and it's fine because that's their opinion, I believe that you should also talk to people who share your views on this subject.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-17)
Idk bro... Maybe the wooden planks thing was a ghost transformer? 🤔
As for asking people if they see what your seeing I'm not sure, maybe first I would investigate in case there's an explanation or if I'm high. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: