You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Outskirt Of My House: The Ghost Victim - E Avenue 37

Real Ghost Stories

Outskirt Of My House: The Ghost Victim - E Avenue 37

 

After the weird events in the apartment in my other story, my parents gave my cats to the shelter for an adoption and my father got rid of the ancient clown doll [I found out when I was twelve]. I made a diary about my dreams and experiences [I still am writing them] and decided to share them with you someday when I get older.

Well, it is time now.

On February 28th 2002, it was the first time I watched my uncle playing a survival horror game called Silent Hill 2. For a strange reason, I was attracted to the game for its unique story. I was known to have a dark personality for a 12-year-old girl. I only got that from the strange experiences and dreams [mostly nightmares]. I remember how it started. My life was normal until a strange thing began to happen. I started seeing things and having those awful dreams. I was not the only one who had the problem. My families had them too. This was how I found out that my new house I lived in for two years...was, in fact, haunted. I couldn't reveal that but I could explain things I've witnessed... I wish I still had some of the evidence to support it.

Outskirt Of My House: The Ghost Victim - E Avenue 37

Ok, I was outside to play with my dog, Teddy... I just went out when my father was in a bad mood or my parents started arguing. I managed to be happy at the time. Anyway, that was when I thought I saw a figure who was sitting on the same bench that I used to sit in the porch. The figure was wearing a dark green trench coat... Or a jacket. Smoking. I paused. Then I heard the figure sighing [it was a man's voice] with the hearing aids I wore as he seemed to look up in the starry sky. I thought it was either my uncle or my grandpa since they both wore the green jackets and are smokers.

So I went to investigate there and muttered a word "hi" to the mystery guy in the green jacket... As I approached him, I paused again when something caught my attention. The light was on outside the house for me to see to play but something other than the figure grabbed my attention was the shadow. There was something fishy about the figure because the light showed the house's and the background's shadow. Even I had my shadow. What I was trying to say was that THIS FIGURE... Did NOT have a shadow. Then I felt the chill [and it was summer!] as I shuddered and tried to say something to the man. The figure disappeared. Teddy started to bark and I stood standing there... Was stunned by it. This part creeped me out so I went inside the house and asked my uncle and grandpa if they were, in fact, outside having a smoke... And they said no. They were watching the soccer game the whole time with my father... Of course, I was shocked.

I still have more stories. I will post them up when I have the time and I will add the picture to my story when I'm free. Thanks for reading it again!

Other hauntings by Imprisoned_Butterfly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Imprisoned_Butterfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Imprisoned_Butterfly (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Thank you so much for the comments. And Pjod, I already jumped in the conclusion about this part. You're right, I might be haunted all along since it's been years and weird things are still happening to me and the people that are around me and it is funny that weird stuffs decided to take a break when I was pregnant then they started happening again RIGHT after I gave birth to a baby boy.

My baby's father's family told me that they lived in a duplex for three years and knew that their place wasn't haunted until I visited them with my baby, strange things began to happen, they told me that when everyone was sleeping, the baby's father went to the kitchen to get something to drink then went on to the living room to do his thing and then his grandma went in the kitchen right after him and stopped for a sec and asked David (the baby's father) if he opened all of the cabinets'doors, including oven's and refrigerator's doors, widened open. David was puzzled and told her no he didn't.

Then the other time, the ghost or whatever that was followed me decided to pull a prank on David's mom by throwing her purse onto the floor, it freaked her out and then freaked David out by knocking the bookshelf off the wall while he was playing a video game.

Now they're starting to see shadows... Yet they're still harmless to them. What is it with me being haunted and everything? Will it affect my son? 😕 Yet nothing still happens to him and I'm glad for that. Glad to be back by the way.

Rex's 5 month old now. 😊
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I just want to say that I have read both your stories and you are a very talented writer. They are both written very well.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I enjoyed your stories... Well done.
Sounds like you are a bit haunted yourself, rather than the places you've lived? Just a theory.
Imprisoned_Butterfly (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
At Kim, yeah, it was a family home in Los Angeles, California. The house was on a street named "E Avenue 37" which was located next to the highway along with the Heritage Square Museum being on the other side of the highway. I've researched about the house being built in somewhere 1912-1930s.

There were a couple of ghosts living in my old home, not just the man's figure, it included a child due to the laughter, sighting and soaked footprints in my old room's carpet. My old room had its own bathroom so the footprints started from the bathroom to my bed as if this kid was visiting me in my sleep or something. I don't remember everything perfectly but I do know that I showed them to my mother and she couldn't believe what she just saw, then the rest of my mother's family side began to gather up in a circle to see them. My father was working at the time. The footprints were smaller than mine and we don't have any kid in our families (just me). My mother tried to vacuum my floor to see whether if the footprints could be gone when the carpet clean... But they were still there. The footprints were still there in my room for 2 or 3 weeks until they disappeared. My families and I tried to debunk them... With all our best but it wasn't just working at all...

My room was probably more active with paranormal things than the others... More surprise footprints, the possessed baby doll, the television turn on by itself, some ghost attacked one of my best friends when she visited me in the summer and sometimes my dad mistook me for making noises. He said he heard a child's laughter and assumed it was me staying up late (which I do sometimes) and was going into my room to nag at me to go to bed since it was late but I was already sleeping. I bet it creeped my dad out because he knew he wasn't imagining the sound just because he was tired or something. Those incidents made my parents believers.

The house gave my family a miserable life (long story), my parents divorced after 2 years and I moved to Texas with my mother. And as for Teddy, she got sick and the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with her and she wasn't herself for a long time and had to put her down (I was angry at the vet and my parents at the time). Sorry, I rambled. 😢

At dreamergirl, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is wearing the hearing aids! 😁 I'm trying my best to tell everyone my ghost experience, I hope it is not too much because in my past experience, people thought it was not real. It's funny because the real truth sounds more far-fetched than the lie, or it's just me? And yay, I give you a high five for loving cats too. ^_^

And Dan, thank you! 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Imprisoned_Butterfly: Another good story, you seem very open minded to the spiritual world thus having all these experiences. I wonder what the mans connection was to the house? Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.😊

Dan
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Wow Seem like he not harm you glad you ok and most be the house or the ground that he live on before he died also by the way I do wear hearing aids too. Thank you for the interest story also if my parent put my cats in the shelter I will be real upset I love cats I am a catslover myself.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I look forward to hearing more of our stories. Was this a family home? Had this home been in yout family for some time?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: