You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Troubled Childhood In California

Real Ghost Stories

Troubled Childhood In California

 

I want to let you know that I am a young woman with the hearing loss (meaning I'm partially deaf) so please bear with me and my English skill since I am only using the Sign Language but I will try my best to explain my ghost experience.

Ever since I was a toddler (about 5 or 6 I don't remember), I've had many strange experiences and I remember I was living in an old apartment building with my parents (when they were still together) and this apartment only had one bedroom and one bathroom. You see, my parents tend to sleep in the living room on the futon while I was sleeping alone in my bedroom since my parents wanted me to learn to do it on my own and like the other kids, I would feel scared to sleep alone. I still remember the fear of the darkness and I would cry to my mother about it and she would tell me about my favorite heroine, Sailor Moon, helping me fighting against the darkness to calm me down and not just that, she also gave me the toy, Sailor Moon's wand, and told me to use it whenever I feel scared. That helped me to sleep good.

Anyway, there was one night and I was forced to go to bed alone but this time with a night light and Sailor Moon's wand and many stuffed animals for me to sleep with. I was just lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling, trying to sleep until something (or shall I say someone) got my attention from the left side and turned to see what it was out of my curiosity. It was a shadow... A pretty harmless shadow, looking at me and I got scared. I mean, it wasn't a solid shadow or anything, just a "human's" shadow in the wall and I am pretty sure my parents weren't doing it on purpose and they were already sleeping. The door was opened a bit, just a crack, so I knew it couldn't be my parents and the shadow was facing me from the other side of the room (across from me? Sorry, I'm not so good at explaining things) and it happened so quick like for a minute, or less than minute when I was looking at the shadow, scared. Then I pointed the toy wand at the shadow and clicked the button on the wand to make a sound (I feel silly when I remember this part) and the shadow just "swooshed" to the trash can filled of toys (I wasn't kidding) and a teddy bear, that was lying on the top of the trash can's lid, fell off. I took a quick look at the trash can and got off the bed and ran quickly to my parents and explained what just happened.

Troubled Childhood In California

My parents didn't believe me and because of my hearing loss, they thought it was just a heavy imagination since I possessed a talent of drawing and imagining things. I was annoyed and showed them what just happened etc and they told me to ignore that and assured me that I was probably scared and started imaging things like most kids do. I knew I didn't imagine it. I was pursuing my parents to sleep with them from now on and they finally gave in.

I slept with my parents after the event (about a week later) and I remember I was in the middle of both my parents on the futon, sleeping, in the living room until "someone" woke me up by nudging me and I woke up and looked at my parents, thinking they did it and they were still sleeping so I looked around just in time to catch the light from my bedroom (the door was opened at the time) turning itself off so I got scared and covered the blanket and forced myself to sleep, telling myself that I would be ok with my parents.

The next morning, I told my parents about what happened and again, they didn't believe me.

And there were times (during daytime) when I caught my toys being played by themselves and an ancient clown doll given by my father tend to bother me by moving its head (that was when I developed my fear of clowns) and I kept seeing the shadow swooshing around in the bedroom and sometimes in the bathroom. I think my father had seen it but he just won't admit it. Even my kitty, Fifi, (a month after the shadow event) chased after something that we couldn't see and would meow at the wall in the bedroom. And due to complaint about the electricity bill, weird noises and everything, my parents and I moved out of the apartment, including the loss of my kitty. I was still scarred of those events in the apartment. And I still miss my cat, Fifi. (But it is so weird when I see my Fifi again in years later, I will post another story about it) And I still have more stories to tell.

Sorry, the story was long.

P.S. The shadow was an adult and I don't even know if it was a female or a male because it won't show its sex. It was only showing its full body in the wall, it was kind of weird. And no, no red eyes or anything. Just a typical shadow. I shuddered when I thought of it. I am not sure if the shadow was evil or not because it did nothing wrong but I was always scared when unexpected things happened so yeah.

Other hauntings by Imprisoned_Butterfly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Imprisoned_Butterfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dorothy9998 (8 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
one time I woke up from a nightmare to see a girl I don't know who it was defeddently to young to be my sis and why would my sis be standing staring at the wall anyways the girl had her back towarda me and in the morning she was gone but the next night I also saw a shadow at the end on my hallway and when I checked who made the shadow no one was there and my mom dad and lil brother and my big sister were all asleep and I didn't sleep that night
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I agree with Badjuujuu about your parent didn't take your experience serious same goes my mother who I live next door to her in a trailer I told her about the hooded figure she think I watch horror movie or sometrhing and no I didn't. And clown doll I don't like clown dolls it kind of creepy mom collect them.
LuZhong (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Creepy! Seeing shadows are what I'm scare of the most. I remember one night I saw a shadow and couldn't move. But Thanks for sharing:D
Imprisoned_Butterfly (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Thank guys for the comments. 😁

I want to add something to the story, after the move-out, my father got rid of the clown doll because he had the same experience with the clown doll (it had a blue triangle-shaped hat and those weird eyes... I still don't know if it used to be a puppet or a porcelain doll) by making weird noises and it would move its head to right or to the left side just to mess around with my father's mind. He told me that when I was 12. 😐 And about my cat, Fifi, I also found out that both my parents lied to me about my cat, Fifi and another cat named Teddy (she was black and still 6 months old and moved in after Fifi played with the "shadow") being ran away and everything, they gave them to the adoption when they couldn't afford to pay the vet bills etc etc.

I got mad when I learned about my cats. I hope they're in a better place. 😢

I still despise the clowns with a passion. I don't even remember why I used to love them and collected them ugh. Since I used to be a fan of Pinocchio so I also loved the puppets. >.<

Yes, I still experience the strange events and plan to make stories about my experiences soon. I'm now 20.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Hi Imprisoned Butterfly, I think your story was well written and very interesting. Sorry about the loss of Fifi. If the shadow didn't follow you to your next home, then I think there could be a history to your old house. The clown also freaks me out, but if it was a haunted clown it would have continued being haunted. Did the clown stop its nonsense when you and your family moved to another house? Sorry that you had to go through all of this at such a young age. Take care. Trix. ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Hi Imprisoned_Butterfly: I also have to commend you on the layout of your story, very well written and the picture explains it perfectly, well done!
Well it seems as though something had an interest in you and your toys, I know a lot of people that have the same fear of clowns as you, many on this website and even myself haha. Do you still experience any of these occurences and have your parents ever experienced anything?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
I am with BadJuuJuu there. You did an excellent job of making this as clear as you possibly could. Awesome job.
I also agree that it is a shame that more parents do not have a course in how to deal with these types of situations. Some parents just are ill equipped to handle things beyond what they believe the world consists of.
I am thinking that clown doll, no matter HOW antique it was, would have found a box and a really clearly written address label to somewhere far, far away from me.
Thank you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
A clown doll that moved it's head by itself? Um, no thanks. Dolls freak me out, clowns freak me out, and a clown doll that moves by itself would have me crying in a corner somewhere.
It's too bad your parents didn't take your experiences seriously. Sometimes I think that parents only pretend not to believe because they think it will be less frightening to the child if they don't. Funny how that never works so well.
And don't worry about your English skills. You told your story very well, and I'm looking forward to your next one. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: