You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted By Fire Victim

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted By Fire Victim

 

When I was 15 my father and I moved into a new apartment in Jonestown, PA. The apartment was above his restaurant, and the building had quite a history. In the early 1900s, a little boy accidentally started a fire there, and he was killed.

The first strange thing that happened there was one night around 2am I was laying in my bed and got this really strong feeling that someone was staring at me. This creeped me out enough that I went into the living room to sleep on the couch. About 5 minutes after moving onto the couch there was a really loud noise coming from the kitchen, and all of the dishes came flying out of the cabinet, and all of the drawers were wide open.

The next thing that happened was when I was home alone in the shower. We had one of those lights that came on when it sensed movement. I was in the shower, and the light went off since there was no movement outside of the shower. About 30 seconds later the light came back on and the door opened and shut. I got out of the shower to check if anyone came home, but I was still home alone.

The creepiest thing that has ever happened to me happens next. I was singing the song "Love Song" by Sarah Berellis. As soon as I start singing the chorus of the song, the radio in my room turned itself on, and it was playing the exact same part of the song that I was singing. I have never been so freaked out in my life. It took me a few seconds to process what had happened and I couldn't believe it!

Ironically, 6 months later while we were fast asleep, the building caught fire. We were evacuated and had to move.

Other hauntings by felidee623

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, felidee623, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

felidee623 (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-08)
The first fire happened in the 70's, and the second happened in 2009... The place was called Smokestack Lightning, but it is no longer there obviously. It has since been a mother restaurant, but the land is now for sale. [at] ifihadyoux
Yes, the little boy started the first fire, and then he hid BC he was scared, and that is why he died. [at] sam22
And yes, the second fire could have been prevented. The last person in the restaurant that night was being very careless! [at] Countingcoups
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Saying you had electrical problems and then the building burned kind of makes me wonder if the last two incidents were explainable. I've also had a similar radio incident, but it was with Tim McGraw back in 1998.
ghostlover8567 (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
The last ghost incident was like, wow. But also, I would be like "You love music?".
vexsgirl (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Reading this, I was listening to the radio and Sarah Barellis was playing too.
Skeptical4menu (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
Good story! It's simple and spooky. I think the little boy was acting up because he was trying to warn you that another fire would occur. Was the wiring in the building faulty?

[at] Sam222, there is a Jonestown, PA too.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Hey you know what I just realized something, is Jonestown a misspelling of Johnstown because I do know that there is a place in Penn. Called Johnstown, the only reason I key this is because that was the place with a Huge devastating flood, I'm not sure when it happened but I recall there being some fires during the flood, and if it is a misspelling is it possible that the first fire was related to the flood.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
woah... That's about an hour and a half from where I live. I live in central nj. How long ago did the fire happen?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Wow this is a very interesting story, it was short but had totally unexpected ending. Do you know the cause of the fire? I was thinking that the boy started, but it doesn't say so, so that's why I'm asking.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: