You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts At The Bank

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts At The Bank

 

I've had some experiences with seeing or feeling ghosts obviously from my first story I told. Back in 2005, my husband and I moved to Austin, TX and got hired on with our respective jobs. I was hired on with a bank as a teller. My first day as a teller was just as normal, watching everyone else do their job and balancing the drawers and all that, no big deal. So as the day went, it was finally over and I was heading home. I was checking my cell phone and saw I had about 5 or 6 missed phone calls from my mom, my niece, and my husband. I thought it was weird and thought something had happened so I called back right away.

First I called my husband and he asked if I had tried to call him and he said no. He said that he received a missed call from me and the sounds were muffled or distorted and couldn't make out anything. So I blew it off and then I called my mom and she asked the same thing because when she answered the phone it was also distorted. So at this point, I'm just thinking something is wrong with my phone. I called my niece back too and guess what? She said the same thing. So like I said I just blew it off as a coincidence. No big deal.

The next day I go back to work and was getting to know everyone at work. So as the day was ending one of the guys there finally asked "Did you get weird phone calls from your family members saying your phone was muffled?" I was a little concerned because I thought maybe my coworkers were playing a trick on me. I said "yes, why?" He said it always happens to the new people and after that, it gets worse. I asked them what they meant but nobody wanted to say anything just because they didn't want to "scare" the new girl at work.

So weeks went by and little by little strange things would happen like singing in the break room or chairs moving on their own to hearing things falling or crashing down, door slamming. One night we all got together for a bank meeting and we had placed chairs together like in a classroom to listen to the bank manager. I sat in the middle row and was listening when all of a sudden the chair I was sitting leaned over fast and I fell out of my chair. I thought the person behind me had done this but everyone was in shock and said nobody touched me.

So after the meeting the bank manager and assistant manager came to me and asked if I was ok and I said yes. They proceeded to tell me the story of the bank. Before the building was built, the land under the building used to be a children's cemetery dating back to the late 1800s to early 1900s. They moved the bodies of the children to a different location and built a liquor store afterwards. One day the store was robbed by 2 robbers and the cashier managed to kill both robbers but not before one of the robbers also shot the cashier at the same time. All 3 men died. So after the store, it then became the bank. The story goes that the bank is haunted by the children, the 2 robbers, and the cashier.

After I was told this story, I heard children, as if they are playing around or singing. One morning, I opened up the bank along with one of the managers and we heard stuff crashing, falling, and laughing. The bank went through so many tellers and bankers that they could never keep them for more than a year. I lasted only 8 months before it got just worse and worse. I felt like some had followed me home and I would often see shadows in my apartment that were neither mine nor my husband's. After I quit, I didn't see anymore shadows.

Other hauntings by lizziek80

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lizziek80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Yes, a memorial plaque or something and maybe a special ceremony?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
too bad you can't have investigators go to the bank when no one is around. Perhaps one day the will move the bank and then a team would be able to go in and see what's up.
lizziek80 (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Yes it was a very scary traumatic experience. I have a friend who to this day has lasted. She's been there for a total of 8 years and has had a lot of things happen to her. At one point just 2 years ago, she broke down and had to be hospitalized because of some evil demon sound that was next to her desk that would tell her to hurt herself (she's a personal banker). She couldn't exactly tell anyone in the hospital because they would just think she's crazy. So she kept it to herself, but she would often tell me or the others at the bank what happened. She has sense gone back but she just tries her best to ignore it. She has tried to get transferred but something would always happen. She's trying though!
Thanks everyone for your comments.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
Wow so something actually followed you home from the bank? That really brings a new meaning to "taking your work home with you". 😨 I would have left that job as well. I can't help but think if they just put up a memorial for the children of the cemetery and did a blessing of the building the acitivity wouldn't be so bad. It would save them a lot of trouble hiring new employees all the time. Thanks for sharing your story, I found it very interesting. 😊
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
wow what a scary storie! I would have left right after he told me about the story! Thank goodness you never got badly injured! ❤ 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
Well there certainly is a lot of activity going on in this bank that's for sure the manipulation of your mobile is right out there. A very negative history indeed seems like there is a lot of souls still bound there that need to cross over.
Im glad that your experiences ceased as soon as you left the job, a lot of other people who have gone through similar situations as yours are not so lucky.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
believein_god (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
I am horrified by your story, if I were you, I would try to transfer out of there, that's all I can say. In the meantime, bring a bible or rosary with you daily and keep them at your possession at all time, God bless!
lizziek80 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Hi KimSouthO~
I did do some research a while back and the cemetery did exist around that time but the robbery of the liquor store I couldn't find anywhere. It was always interesting working there. At first it was just playful tricks they did with my phone but then they did get more serious after a while from doors slamming shut in your face to seeing things in the mirror in the bathroom that scared the bajesus out of me. It's like I said I worked there for 8 months and I just couldn't take it anymore because I would see shadows at home and at work. As soon as I left, they were no longer coming to my house. Thanks for your comment! 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
I am not sure if anything is more terrifying than having these occurances at work. It shakes you to your core. I can certainly empathize with you - had similar occurances at two of my employers (the stories are on this site under my profile).

Did you ever do any research of your own on the bank and the land that the bank was on? Just curious.

Thanks for taking time to share!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: