You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Ghost?

 

This experience just happened to me a few days ago and I'm still kind of weirded out by it.

Lately I've been reading paranormal romance novels for the past few weeks. One in particular, I couldn't stop reading until about 3 am and I just finally put the book down and went to sleep.

All I remember is that it was still dark but light enough to see the room. I started feeling numbness and tingly feelings on my legs and upper arms. I remember seeing my door but not quite clearly. I was trying to move but I couldn't. I felt my body was being held down but all I could do was move from my elbows and down to my hands. I was wearing my pj pants but I felt like they were on the verge of coming off, so I remember starting to shake my head back in forth (actually I don't know if I did that or not because I wanted to but couldn't). I kept telling myself to move my head. Then I finally did and I shot up straight in a sitting position. Nobody was there; my husband was already gone for work. I felt the tingling sensations go away. All the while my two cats were there watching me the whole time and they were hissing at me.

I just sat there for a few minutes and my cats came back to bed with me and I said a few prayers. I have had sleep paralysis in the past but it's been a while since I last had them. I was left with small bruises around my upper arms and around the top of my knees. I told my husband the story and he said it was probably just a dream and that I probably somehow made the bruises appear on my own. I know I was reading books about fake ghost or other kind of paranormal beings being in love with humans but I wonder if those books either made me dream something about that or if this was actually real.

I just wanted some input on what you guys think this could be. Thanks

Other hauntings by lizziek80

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lizziek80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Wow Probelly S.P. But I once had a nightmare or dreams My stepdad say I scream bloody murder I don't remember that my mother ask me did I had a nightmare I say I don't think so why and they both explain to me that I scream bloody murder and sit up like I don't remember things of course my mother say that cause I read ghost story that cause me like that I guess when that happen I did try recorder video of my sleep to see what really happpen but the recorder very short: (not very long. Cause I always wake up with bruises.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
It does sound like sleep paralysis. I've had it many times trying to wake from bad dreams. Its as if your mind is awake but your body is still asleep. My way of overcoming it is to calm my mind and go back to sleep.
henrymena (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
My experience with a similar situation. Is I was awake but not my body but my mind, I was aware of what was happening something was crawling on me... I did my best to move and finally I controlled my body and stood up strait but there was nothing there... I thought I was going crazy because I remember thinking something is walking on me...
lizziek80 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
[at] redphx, so far this is the only and hopefully the last time it happens. I was so creeped out, I just laid there on my bed and starting praying, I couldn't go back to sleep after that. Then at night I've been waiting for my husband to come to bed so we can sleep at the same time.

[at] rightful2000, I tried moving anything but the only thing I managed to move were my hands but I still couldn't move my body whatsoever! I hated and I've been terrified to go to sleep at night especially if my husband isn't there. But I do mostly sleep on my side and for some reason I wasn't, I was on my back, which I hardly sleep that way.
Rightful12000 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I've heard countless things of sleep paralisis... Try sleeping on your side and try to encourage your self to wiggle your toe, if this does not work I don't know what to think.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Well I was going to say that this was just plain old sleep paralysis until you said that you were bruised in the process. When I have sleep paralysis I normally don't have the ability to move any part of my body. You said you were able to move your arms from the elbow down. I would say that this could have been paranormal. I think and hope it was just a one time occurance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: