You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Bank Building

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Bank Building

 

This happened between 2002 - 2003. I was working at a bank building as a security guard on the grave yard shift. This building has 18 floors. The first floor was the main entrance. The next five floors are parking garages for employees and the rest of the floors are office buildings. The 11th floor was completely vacant; the building manager was unable to rent it out. This floor was always freezing cold, even in the summer.

The security officer that was training me told me that he was going to show me this floor but not tell me the history of it to see how I would act with this floor. He told me the story after my reaction to this floor. I told him that I felt someone had died on that floor and that the spirit was haunting the floor, I even told him which room it happened in.

The story goes that a woman and her husband worked that floor. The husband thought his wife was having an affair and so he shot her and killed himself. (Very sad.) Anyway I picked out the right room. Everyone was afraid to work there. I had several small incidents but I will just tell the major ones. I wanted to see if I could record the ghosts, so I bought a digital recorder and left it running on the 11th building. What I recorded was the normal noises, me up and down on the elevator, the water fountain, the building creaking and so on. What I also recorded was chanting. The history is all of downtown was built on Indian burial grounds. Couldn't make out all words but you can clearly hear a man chanting, and a woman mumbling.

Other hauntings by mamachong

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mamachong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I'm sorry, I already mentioned downtown, I'm a little tired.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Well unfortunately I won't disclose which building, to protect the owner's reputation and rights. As well as my rights too, but yes it was in albuquerque. I had great fun with this building. I like to ghost hunt. I won't say if it's downtown or not.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Are you in Albuquerque? So am I. If so, is this building downtown? I'm pretty sure I know which one you are talking about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: