You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Voices At Night

 

These particular occurrences took place in the same house as my first submitted story. A brick, ranch style home on a dead end street. As stated in my last story, my family moved into this home in August of 1998 when I was 12 years old. I am now 24 years old and still live in this house.

Again, when we first moved into this house, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary about it. We loved it. It wasn't until months after settling in that I started having the many unusual experiences that I still think about to this day. (Obviously)

At night, usually a few hours after everyone had been asleep, I would always awaken to the sound of hushed conversations and voices. Sometimes they would sound as if they were coming from the ceiling above me (I slept in the top bunk of a bunk bed) or they would sound as though they were coming from the kitchen/living room area.

I could never make out what they were saying but it was like hearing people from a distance talking... Hearing the "ss" in the words and the "hmmm" of the pitch in their voices.

Years later once it was apparent that my dad was also having some strange experiences he confided in me that he too heard these "people" at night and would even get up to check if the radio was left on or a T.V, but there was never anything that he could find. Remember, out house is on a dead end street, being the very last house. On our left and directly across from us is a wooded area with nothing but trees. The neighbor on our right was elderly couples who were always in bed by 8pm and never made any kind of noise the whole time that we've lived there.

To this very day, I can still hear these voices at night if I turn everything off in my house, which is why I prefer to sleep with the T.V on all the time. Hearing these voices freaks me out and I am unable to drown them out if it's silent in the house. I have even had other people over and had them listen for these "voices" and they too can hear them if I turn everything off...

I'm convinced what I am hearing are voices from the other side of people just talking to one another and I happen to for some reason to be able to "tune in" to them. Any other ideas?

Other hauntings by amk86

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amk86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
Once I was able to make out...murmuring...then the word "away" and my name being called... But that's it.
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
I hear it during the day as well but not as well...I'd like to think it could be explained away easily but I have to ideas. [at] bacchaegrl...I only have a neighbor on one side of me... The other side is just a wooded area... Very quiet and secluded on a dead end street. What I'm hearing is the murmur of voices. The tones go up and down not a repeated pattern. And I hear more than one voice at a time... Like two different people talking to eachother. [at] Heather911...I have tried to ask questions but the murmurs just continue as if I never said a word...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Do you ever hear any actual words? Is it just the sounds you described in the story? If you live between two elderly couples, maybe you are hearing them snoring. Though that would be quite a feat. They'd have to be snoring really loud I suppose. Maybe someone in your house snores in a strange way. Maybe you snore and wake yourself up. I hate to say this, but if you aren't hearing distinct words and you hear the same noises over and over again, it probably isn't paranormal. It could be anything really. Does it occur at the same time every night? I just don't think this is a paranormal story. Too easy to explain it away.
Heather911 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
I have seen a spirit (Maybe my brother) 2, and one night it talked to me, I couldn't understand what he said but it was probably after 12 at night. I told my sister and she said it was probably my brother telling me to go to bed. The whisper was a mans voice but I couldn't understand what he said everytime I thought back I couldn't figure it out.

Maybe, at night when they start talking ask them to let you hear what they are saying? Ask them some questions, and to make it less scary have a friend or boyfriend stay with you and talk to them together, to make it less creepy!
Good luck! ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
amk86 - wait until the voices go away and you miss them 😆. That's when you really start wondering if you've lost it 😆
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Then again, I gained new information but this time coming from the writer himself/herself.
Could you communicate with them?
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
[at] Miracles51031,that makes me feel much better to know that you and others experience something similar to me. I still have no clue where the voices are coming from or what they are saying.
[at] Lilady4, I agree with that. It seems that when you want to see or hear, that's when they decide to "go away" or "get quiet".
[at] XDGabRDJAXD, yes my house is more active at night. I have read that this has something to do with the moisture in the air being able to conduct energy better.
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
amk86: Does this mean your house is a bit lively during the night for some reasons?
Lilady4: Thanks to you, I learned new information abou ghosts! 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
I sometimes hear voices, but like Miracles51031 said, the harder you try and concentrate, the less you are able to hear them. It's like when you see a 'spirit' out of the corner of your eyes, and you turn your eyes to see it, but it has gone. A physic told me that this is something to do with energy. E.g. If you are focused on something else (talking, etc), then you will try and look at the 'spirit' or hear, there is too much energy and the spirit leaves.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
amk86 - bless your heart, I hear these voices too. Obviously not the same ones you hear 😆, but voices. Used to drive me nuts because the harder I tried to concentrate to see if I could figure out what they were saying, the less I was able to hear them. It's like they were deliberately making it impossible for me to hear them. My children hear them too and I've told them I guess when we're meant to hear what they're saying, we will.

Each home we've lived in for the last 10 years, we've heard voices. We just had to learn to accept that they are part of our lives and that they obviously aren't here to harm us or deliberately scare us because nothing like that was ever done. They're just talking and we can hear them. Seems to me that you are just like us 😉. I don't think I've read your other story, so I'm going to try and do that tonight when I get home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: