You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sweet Good-bye

Real Ghost Stories

A Sweet Good-bye

 

Only two people other than me know about this encounter it was in a way quite a sweet meeting. So Here It is.

I was eight years old at the time and it was roughly 10:30 at night, I just woke up from a dream and walked out of my room for a moment to get a drink of water, on returning to my room there was a soft whispering coming from the right side of me in the area of a chair that was sitting in the corner. I stood staring at it for perhaps a minute or so listening closely, but the whispering had stopped so I dismissed it and climbed back into bed as I was drifting off to sleep there was a soft calm humming from the area where the chair was sitting.

I turned on the light and looked over in that direction there was a small white bear sitting in the chair the only thing the bear wore was a little gold bowtie around its neck which is why it was strange to see a long black shadow across the stomach of the bear.

I remembered something that my Nan had told me about the possibility of "ghost's" the thought was slightly heartbreaking seeing as my Nan had died a few weeks or so before that night, the humming was still going and my eyes were really heavy, I remember the atmosphere being really calm, comforting and safe. I turned off the light and lied down just listening to the soft humming for a few moments before drifting off to sleep; just as I finally fell asleep I remember seeing my Nan's face in front of me smiling down at me.

Looking back on it now after telling a very close experienced friend of mine I realize that it most likely was my deceased Nan who lulled I too sleep and who was holding tight onto the bear that was once hers. I also remember how much I hoped that something like that would happen again, because of how nice and familiar it felt too me.

I've been told by my friend that this was mostly likely her good-bye to me; I actually have gotten my friend to write down in her words what she believes happened, this what she said:

I wondered who or what could be attached to her, to want to stay for only one night. So I asked if anyone had died recently, and she'd replied that her Nan had passed in the past few weeks before the experience.

I also asked if she'd sing to her, and wondered if she had a special connection with the teddy bear. In truth, the bear belonged to her Nan, and she did often sing to her, but she'd never gotten to say goodbye. So I came to the conclusion that it was her Nan, singing to her for one last time... I'm not sure if that made sense, but it seemed more plausible than anything else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tekaa_Brooke, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
This is a very sweet experience. Thank you for sharing. I love my grandma too and miss her a lot.
Tekaa_Brooke (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Frankie_Elise... I'm glad You stick to Your thoughts on this but My pop now has the teddy it being his wives and all so tha one is kind of hard to do. And I'm glad Robert/Nate agrees with you, Very sweet he is.
Lynrinth... It's Not a problem, I'm glad you took some of your time to read it.
Lilady4... Yes it is very sweet yes. I would like her to still be around.
XDGabRDJAXD... Wow I didn't Think It would make anyone cry. Umm Thank you for favouriting it.
And too all of you thank you for reading my encounter
😆 ❤
Tekaa_Brooke
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
A sweet and touching story to me that almost made me cry in tears. In fact, I already have tears running down my cheeks! I guess it's because your story made me remember of my family pet dog that I've been trying to avoid (because I had a Cynophobia, fear from dogs) and suddenly died because of a disease and the carelessness my family treated her... At that point, I cried so much because of what I did to her...

Dear Tekaa Brooke, I am very thankful for your touching story that made me remember a bitter-sweet past... This story will be going in my favorites! ❤ 😭
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
This is a beautiful story here. It does seem to be a sweet goodbye, but maybe your Gran will still be around you in spirit. It's strange how loved ones say goodbye, how they feel so safe and warm.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
How nice to have a sweet, but sad, story here. For once, nothing to be afraid of. Just... A goodbye. Thank you, my dear, for a touching story.
Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
WOOP! Well done Tekaa, glad your story was put up. I'm sticking to my thoughts with this story, and I hope you meet her again, because this time; you won't be as anxious. (: Maybe try talking to the teddie, see what you get. X

Nate/Robert agrees with me too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: