You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Sweet Dream Or A Beautiful Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Sweet Dream Or A Beautiful Nightmare

 

Everyone dreams but not everyone remembers it, unless...

Mom came home one morning. I suppose she came from the market as she was carrying her eco bags. The TV was on when she arrived and I just turned it off and watch mom bring out the contents of her bags. In my mind, I was contemplating of whether I ate breakfast or not. Meanwhile, I can't wait for lunch to be served. Mom's cooking is incomparable.

I was about to ask her where the rest of the family are but then I just assumed it's the weekend. They'd probably still asleep. So, I turned the TV on once again while hungrily waiting for mom to finish cooking.

Usually when she's done cooking, she would let me know. I just realized she's already doing another chore. I must have been really into what I was watching. For some reason, I turned the TV off and just focused on mom ironing clothes.

I asked my mom of her plans since it's the weekend. I did not get any answers from her. She just looked at me outright. I then told her that I plan to get a haircut. I even asked her if I should re-dye my hair and whatever is left of my hair dye would be for her and offered to dye her hair after I'm done. After that, I went back to my favorite couch, turned the TV on and wondered why mom is extra quiet.

As I was switching from one channel to the other, I glanced at the area where mom's supposed to be but I didn't see her there.

Then...

"Nahirapan ako kanina..." ("I had a hard time earlier...")

The voice came from so near that I felt a gush of air tad my left ear. When I turned around, I was surprised to see that its mom and she strangely looked wishy-washy than usual. I assumed she means she had a hard time earlier in the market or doing the chores. Anyhow, I still asked her where she had a hard time.

"Nahirapan ako sa pag-akyat..." (I had a hard time climbing...") she uttered.

But we don't have a second floor. So I had to probe.

In a ghostly voice she replied...

"Sa hukay, kung saan n'yo ako inilibing. Ang lalim-lalim naman. Nahirapan ako..." (From the pit where you guys buried me. It's too deep. I had a hard time...")

I felt my head swell to its climax.

I realized she has been dead for five years and that I was actually dreaming or was it a nightmare?

And then I woke up, as if someone woke me up. I then checked my phone and grasped that it was actually a weekday and I am one-hour late from work. Still terrified, I rushed to the door and as I opened it, the other door just outside mine almost simultaneously opened as well. It was my sister. We gaze into each other with a shudder and then I uttered,

"Napanaginipan ko si nanay!" ("I dreamt of mom!")

My sister, stunned with what I just said,

"Tinawag ako ni nanay!" (Mom called my name!")

We stared at each other for quite a while.

That morning was Wednesday, June 3, 2015 - Mom's 65th birthday.

Hopefully I can share more stories. Mostly in my dreams. Let me know your thoughts as well. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, a_curtis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

a_curtis (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
[at] Melda

I had another dream of her. This time my other siblings were there, including the eldest one who died of leukemia. Almost the same - mom doing her regular activities except I know that she's dead and I keep trying to tell my sisters how come mom's with us, she's dead. Then I had to tell mom in front of everyone (in the dream) that she's dead and she should just rest in peace. Upon her realizing that, she like decayed but was able to tell us that the pit were we buried her was so deep and she had a hard time climbing up. In the dream, my sisters blamed me for giving mom a hard time saying it was my fault she was buried so deep. Then in the dream we had to set another funeral for mom and made sure she's buried well. Upon waking up, I realized that my eldest sister who was also in the dream who was there during the entire time has also passed away, actually two years prior to mom's death. I really am uncertain with what could be the message for all of these. Meanwhile, thank you for your comment. It inspired me to write more and better. See you around!
a_curtis (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
[at] AugustaM

There were other dreams involving other deceased loved ones re; Father, Sister and Grandmother but those dreams are not as vivid as with this dream. I once saw all of them - deceased loved ones in one dream speaking to me but I don't seem to remember what they were talking about after waking up. I have five loved ones who died in the house where I am currently living (natural deaths) but so far nothing unusual or ghostly except those dreams. Meanwhile, thank you. I appreciate your thoughts... I took care of my mom and dad, quit work in order to have time for them. Again, thanks.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
My mother was very close with her parents and nursed them through the cancer that ultimately claimed their lives. Their passing was extremely painful for her. Since then, she has dreamed of them several times - always they are sitting around the kitchen table having coffee and she is so happy to be there again with them just talking and being together - when suddenly she will remember that they're dead and, before her eyes, they start to decay and she wakes up in a cold sweat. As traumatic as such dreams are I don't think they are ill portents or ill intended actions on the part of my grandparents. I think they are "visitations gone wrong" if you will. So much of paranormal perception is wrapped up in our own psychologies- I think that part of the way we see and perceive paranormal activity is determined by our own psychological state at that time. My mother is the kind of person who will intentionally wake herself from a lovely sweet dream for fear that if she let's it go and enjoys it that it'll turn inevitably into a nightmare (boy, would Freud have a field day with that one). So I think the monstrous endings of the dream visitations she has with her parents are merely a result of the interface of her own anxieties - that's likely why they don't come very often because they would never WANT to upset her.

I think this is why your dream ended on a frightening note. Perhaps subconsciously you knew your alarm should have gone off and you were going to be late for work so your anxiety kicked in and the visitation went south so to speak. It doesn't mean that your mother was angry with you or wanted to scare you - her spirit simply lost control of the situation when your subconscious and anxiety kicked in.

That's my theory, any way:)
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
a curtis - I definitely would not call that a nightmare 😊

You set this out so well, it's very realistic.

I believe that your mom visited you in your dream that night on what would have been a special occasion in her life - her 65th birthday. She showed you a few of the things that she used to do for you, like the shopping she used to do; the food she cooked which you loved; the ironing. All of this was was part of her daily routine. She even showed you part of your routine, the TV!

You and your sister are very fortunate to have received a visit from her.

Was this the only occasion on which you had any interaction with your mother after her death?

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: