You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Bye Kuya: (

Real Ghost Stories

Bye Kuya: (

 

This happened last Thursday, February 22, 2018.

My cousin's husband died last Feb 20. My family immediately went to Laguna when we learned about what happened. He was rushed to the hospital 2 weeks ago because he vomitted blood. Then, was confined in ICU due to heart failure and stage 4 kidney failure.

Thursday came, we needed to go home because on the 23rd, we (me, my family and my boyfriend) were scheduled to go to Baguio for a short vacation. We decided to push through with the vacation because it was already planned last January. And we thought that we do not want to waste the money we had already used in booking for the bus fare and transient house.

So, here's the story. Kuya N (let us call him that) and my cousin has 1 son, his name is D (let's also call him in his initial). He is a 5 year old bibo kid.

We were already home when one of my aunts called mama and shared this story.

Aunt L: Ano ba naman tong si D!? Natatakot na ko. (I don't know what's with D? I am already scared.)

Mama: Why? What happened?

Aunt L: Takbo nang takbo tapos pumasok sa kwarto. Tapos biglang nagtatawa sabi pa "Daddy! Daddy! I miss you. I love you, Daddy!" (He was running around the house then went straight to the room. And then, he suddenly laughed and said "Daddy! Daddy! I miss you. I love you, Daddy!")

Mama: Totoo!? (Is it true!?)

Aunt L: Oo. Tapos tinawag ko. Sabi ko D, halika na dito sa labas. Aba ang sabi ba naman sa akin, "No! I don't like. My daddy is here!" (Yes. Then I called him saying, D, come here. He said, "No! I don't like. My daddy is here!")

Mama: Ohmy! Buti na lang umuwi na kami (Ohmy! Thank heavens we were home)

In addition, D is a kid with no idea about death yet. He actually said that his dad (Kuya N) was just sleeping in a box.

Other hauntings by majarlika012

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, majarlika012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blink69 (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
Hello majarlika012,

It was sad but scary. Thank you for sharing your story. ❤
thegreenmachine (3 stories) (16 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-14)
Hi majarlika012,

My heart goes out to your nephew. I think children are more sensitive to the paranormal because maybe of their innocence?

When my uncle died last January, almost all the kids in our immediate and extended family saw my uncle walking past them, waving at them or just looking at them. My uncle George died at 8:00 in the evening in their house.

During the night of his death, one of my young cousins (age 6) asked her mom why Uncle George was in their room. Take note that my young cousin at this time was not yet aware that my uncle died. My aunt shat bricks and quickly turned on the light but she didn't see him.

Another young cousin (age 8) woke up in the middle of the night during the wake and cried. When asked why, he said that he was woken up by Uncle George!

Another little girl, a neighbor and a distant relative whom my Uncle was very fond of, told my aunt that she saw Uncle George sitting in their kitchen. She said that he told her to not to forget him and to study hard. Then he vanished.

My uncle was a kind, generous and jolly man. He is the favorite "Uncle" of the neighborhood kids because he always gave them candies, pay for bike rentals, buy them ice cream. Some of the kids in our neighborhood even ran to him when they are scolded by their parents.

Sorry this was a bit long. I just want to share something similar. I hope your cousin and nephew find strength in this trying time.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
At that age, I didn't understand death either and had a similar experience when my grandparents died. My grandmother and grandfather came to me the morning of my grandfather's passing (as he was the last of the two to pass - events, which occurred within 4 months of each other) and told me they had to leave but would never be far away. Later I would hear the word death bandied about by the adults but it didn't mean much to me. I don't recall anyone ever sitting me down and explaining death to me but it eventually sank in naturally when my mind was mature enough to put things together for itself.

Not to say that I am against talking to kids about these things only that one way or another, they will typically figure it out and its not necessarily always a bad thing to let kids come to this sort of reality in their own way.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
And also, after his dad was cremated, my cousin brought the urn to their house. D was told that it's his daddy. And D asked "yesterday daddy is inside a box, now he's inside a jar!"
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
lady-glow: Yes, you are right. On the first night of the wake, our family brought D and his older sister (let's call her E), E immediately cried as she saw his father inside the casket. But D, he just wondered and asked why hid daddy was sleeping inside a box. 😭 He even asked his mommy to wake his daddy up and just sleep in their bed.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
majarlika - I'm sorry for your loss.

In my opinion, even if D is not aware of the concept of death, he surely saw the adults' actions and emotional state during the funeral and since his dad absence. He must be missing his father and in need and explanation about the events.
There's nothing wrong with talking children about death, after all, death is part of life and understanding it will help him to go through the process of closure.

I'm sure Kuya N came to see his son one more time but, it isn't up to him to explain his passing to the kid, that's the responsibility of the living ones. 😟

I understand this is going to be a difficult task but, perhaps they can ask for the help of a counselor or a therapist.

I wouldn't worry about Kuya N visiting his child, surely he means no harm, at this point I consider more important to help little D to understand that his father won't be around in a physical way.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: