You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Nanu's Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Nanu's Goodbye

 

First of all Nanu means grandpa. I have wanted to share my story but I wasn't so sure.

It was 1:00am on a Wednesday night last week when I encountered my dead Nanu. He has been gone for 5 years but it is only recently I have been stressing out about him. My families are in a feud at the moment and he would always keep the peace so I am freaking out. Will my family split up and what Nanu would do are my general question. On with my story.

It was 1:00am and I couldn't sleep when I heard my Nanu's voice call me. I sat up and there he was. I looked at him and he sneaked closer and hugged me. I thought 'This is not real. No way!' Strange, I know that I was hugged by a ghost. He told me not to worry and that everything will be ok in the end. He handed me a ring that my mum wanted when he passed away and he promised to her. Even though the ring was put in his coffin and cremated with him he handed me the "supposed to be" burnt, gold, encrypted ring.

He said it was for me and kissed my forehead, saying goodnight. I lay down to sleep but sat up to say goodbye because I had forgotten but he was gone. I sat and cried for around 10 minutes (sorry I can't be exact of how long I cried) and it was the first time I cried over his death (I never cry at funerals)

When I woke up I thought it was a dream but when I opened my hand I saw the ring. My Nanas' ring. I kept the ring in my 'safe' box and my whole family never knew about my ghost run in with my Nan. They would think I am crazy.

I still can't decide what to do with the ring.

Should I keep it or get rid of it where we had good memories?

R.I.P Mario Joseph Azzopardi (Nanu)

Other hauntings by MaddyMasacar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaddyMasacar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

stefiisawr (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
I'm going to guess that you are Maltese? I am, and we use the word Nanu too.:P
I agree with the others here and say that you should keep the ring. The reason he gave it to you will become clear in due time. Your mum may have wanted it, but your Nanu wanted you to have it, obviously. So just keep it safe and you'll know what to do with is eventually. (:
chicken-nugget22 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Keep it! You don't have to wear it but just keep it safe!

Best of Wishes!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Keep the ring. You don't have to wear it but you need to keep it.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
If your mom is still alive, then you should give her the ring. If she isn't, then you should definitely keep it for yourself.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Keep the ring Maddy. I am in agreement with the other posters here. You will know what to do when the time is right.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Keep it. He meant for you to have it for a reason. Keep it safe until that reason is made clear.
Best of luck to you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
I am in 100% agreement with Snowy23. I believe your Nanu gave you the ring to keep and cherish. There might be a time when that ring will be used to keep the peace again. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Interesting. I think you should keep the ring for now. If the fued gets out of hand, then reveal the ring and see what your family does. Keep us posted on what happens. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: